Thread: Derby Fouls

Derby Fouls

A friend who owns and trains racing thoroughbreds posted this after the derby:

"Anyone who is confused about the Derby foul needs to look at this. Ya can’t put your horse in front of another like this. Very lucky they didn’t go down."

Name:  FB_IMG_1557061339965.jpeg
Views: 946
Size:  22.5 KB

Sent from my moto e5 plus using TGR Forums mobile app

Rubbing is racing

Derby Fouls

Wouldn’t the mud/sloppy track have anything to do with “movement”? Isn’t that a consideration?

Anybody else think the woman steward who was watching the replays had a major part in this disqualification? She was awfully demonstrative while watching the video replays for 20 minutes.......I’m betting she was the one who really pushed for the DQ.

Kind of a shame considering the horse/owner who filed the complaint wasn’t even the horse that got cut off.......he was on the outside....The horse/owner that got cut off didn’t even think it should of been a DQ.

Again, another example of people who complain/create drama get rewarded.......

Hoping the “real winner” wins the next 2 legs........great horse.

Yep, Bullshit move... hold your line!

If anyone is to blame it is the jockey. I'm sure that he did all that he could to readjust a scared horse, but it probably cost the owner $10mil. I think that he should lose the mount.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Not a horse race guy, I guess I don’t watch horse racing enough. Only went to the Preakness infield in the 1990’s for the party and the girls.....

I just thought the awful track conditions would have to be some consideration in “movement”....the slop footing causing a shift in line. I guess not.

Oh well, I have no skin in the game.....just hated watching the woman steward yesterday “putting on a show” during the reviews. Then, she of course called for an unheard of “steward press conference” to explain the DQ. She seems like she wanted to make a name for herself.

Sorry, people who lose....then bitch, complain about rules, umpires, judges, etc....just bother me.

I could see if the race went down to the wire justifying that foul was a determining factor in the outcome to warrant reversing that outcome. The horse who crossed the finish line first was clearly faster than the others and would have won even without that blocking before the first turn.

Now, addressing the dangerous and risky move also needs to happen. In any other sport, a foul that puts other players at risk but isn't called immediately and probably didn't significantly alter the outcome of the contest is handled by handing out a big fine and/or suspending the player for future games. That seems like a more rational way this could have been handled.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

^You really are a multi subject Jong of all Jongs. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    ..The horse who crossed the finish line first was clearly faster than the others and would have won even without that blocking before the first turn...
    We must be talking about a different race. I'm not sure you know this, but we're talking about yesterday's Kentucky Derby.

Seriously, I defer to my friend who watched the entire race several times, and then took time to find this one particular foul, with much more commentary to me that I didn't include here analyzing why the horse should have been disqualified. It wasn't the fastest horse.

Sent from my moto e5 plus using TGR Forums mobile app

Tech talk?

Maybe would have been better in bull fighting?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Derby Fouls

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Tech talk?

Maybe would have been better in bull fighting?
    for real. this jong is always posting his shit in tech talk.
    Last edited by mall walker; 05-05-2019 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    for real. this jong is always posting his shit in tech talk.
    We all drink. But I think he drinks allot.

good ruling.

Quote Originally Posted by charles martel View Post
    We must be talking about a different race. I'm not sure you know this, but we're talking about yesterday's Kentucky Derby.

Seriously, I defer to my friend who watched the entire race several times, and then took time to find this one particular foul, with much more commentary to me that I didn't include here analyzing why the horse should have been disqualified.
    Watched it. Yep, it was the FINAL turn, not the first so good call of the foul. My cousin raises thoroughbreds on a farm outside Louisville and used to train other horses at Churchill Downs. I'll defer further comments until I get his perspective.

Usually this kind of foul is just two free throws and possession.

Quote Originally Posted by Skistack View Post
    Usually this kind of foul is just two free throws and possession.
    I know this because my cousin knew a guy who knew a guy who played high school basketball :-)

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    I'll defer further comments until I get his perspective.
    Why? It's never stopped you before.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

What do you mean it's not NASCAR?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Why? It's never stopped you before.
    Haha
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime