Dog Clipper recs?

our new dog needs haircuts and rather than pay a groomer I figure I would do it myself.

Anyone have a recommendation for a clipper? There are so many options on amazon but don't want to by a piece of shit

She is a poodle mix we think but more long wavy then thick curls if that matters.

Just get the best rated ones that plug in, as the battery ones I have bought are crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Dog Clipper recs?

It's a huge pain in the ass. What kind of pooch do you have? Definitely file a trip report w before and after photos about your first attempt

I think my lead guess is schnauzer poodle but for a while I thought border or aussie poodle.

That kind of dog

I'm partial to Wahl, but here's some reviews: https://crittersitca.com/top-5-best-...ippers-reviews

I've groomed our cockapoo and our cocker with an Andis. The model I bought came with one blade and a bunch of plastic attachments. For curly coats I recommend getting additional metal blade sets in different sizes. I wish I could remember what sizes I have. I like the Andis, only one I've tried.
    Lately I've been doing the cockapoo with just a scissors. She doesn't seem to mind how she looks. I definitely don't.

There's only two choices: Andis or Oster corded clippers. I used to raise and show Irish Setter and have Andis clippers. You'll also need assorted blades, brushes and a dematting knife. Show Sheen (used for horse grooming) is a great lubricant for dematting. You'll also need proper [hair] scissors. A grooming table (or just the arm) is nice if you have the space.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

I use scissors. My dog doesn't like the noise and feel of clippers...
    It's not nearly as inefficient as you might think, it goes pretty well and doesn't upset my little guy.

I get the scissors and tell him "snip snip snip" and he rolls over like "aw yeah, snip my furs hooman scratching treat dispenser"

I just use scissors on murph, too.

Clipper blades needs sharpened. Clippers are generally a pita.

Just use scissors.

But be careful of ears. Protect the ear leather between two fingers with the hair sticking out.

Also be careful cutting matts... if you pull the matt it will pull skin.. dont cut skin.

Officer anthony balogna enjoying his scissor time:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F3A33699-4842-4F0F-904A-87C75EA423E6.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	941.7 KB 
ID:	281815

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	87E51E6E-1881-4A06-9831-167B864378A3.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	691.7 KB 
ID:	281816