Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I have a great job opening for skiers in the Spokane area

I've got some jobs that are a perfect fit if you're a skier and would like to have most of the winter on layoff...

We're looking for three people for our commercial roofing company to round out our third crew. No experience is necessary, although helpful. We can use you for handling material and directed labor while you learn the trade from our mentorship and training. Experience on commercial construction would be helpful as you would at least have the requisite feel around construction sites, including some level of safety training but, again, we will train for the right people.

What we ask of you is to be employable in the U.S., pass a pre-employment drug screen (and yes, pot is a drug for the purposes of passing, even though we're in WA), and have a valid driver's license. We also ask that you be eager to work and to learn roofing, if you don't already have experience.

Our projects are generally right around Spokane so no major travel or overnights (usually). We put on various roofing products, usually on flat roofs so, membrane roofs such as TPO, EPDM, PVC, torch-down, metal, and a little bit of shingling. Must be able to climb ladders and not be afraid of heights.

If you are interested or know of anyone, PM me. We're a small, family-oriented company and pleasant group to work with. Plus, we're run by a skier (me) who understands the desire to not work too much in winter....so that's nice! Again, shooting me a PM if interested.

Good luck with drug test part. I get that insurance wants it but still. We're talking roofers. In Washington.

I know, right? Some of the work we do has federal funding attached to it and they require recent screening tests on all employees who are working on the job. Some companies run two crews; clean and not-so-much. Kind of a bummer for the ones who don't clear since they lose out on prevailing wage projects and lose the pay bump. We're not big enough to splinter out the crews so can't pull that off. We just started one recently and tried to give everyone time to 'study' for their test. Fortunately, all passed.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    umm yeah ive roofed for the feds at hill afb and dugway
    and with a security clearance for thiokol rockets
    always get prevailing wage
    aint never put my dick in no bottle to roof
    never will
    way to much work
    in a utarded non weed friendly right to work red state
    fume la motas todos amigo
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

How strict is your sexual harassment policy there Goldmember?

I may know a guy.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    How strict is your sexual harassment policy there Goldmember?

I may know a guy.
    Be specific... Are we talking someone who got in trouble for saying something not politically correct? Or are we talking someone who just got out of prison for rape? Or something in between.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    Be specific... Are we talking someone who got in trouble for saying something not politically correct? Or are we talking someone who just got out of prison for rape? Or something in between.
    He’s just a little grabby...

I kid.

But good on you for giving a fictitious creep a hypothetical 2nd chance.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    What we ask of you is to be employable in the U.S., pass a pre-employment drug screen
    Having worked in the construction biz in this state that^^^ is going to be an either/or proposition.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    He’s just a little grabby...

I kid.

But good on you for giving a fictitious creep a hypothetical 2nd chance.
    Yeah, well...it's pretty hard to find people who would work in this kind of position that don't have some kind of history, mostly DUI in their past or some other mostly petty crime. What we can't tolerate are guys who have bad histories like rape, pedophilia, things like that. We're working around the public on schools and other sensitive facilities when we re-roof existing buildings. I can put up with some things but there are limits.

I thought being stoned was an employment REQUIREMENT for roofers.

I spent two months one summer roofing in Houston Texas. Long enough to figure out that’s NOT what I wanted to do with my life. Hottest job I ever had, although building fences in Wyoming was a close second.

Maybe it’s not so bad in Washington, though.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    I spent two months one summer roofing in Houston Texas. Long enough to figure out that’s NOT what I wanted to do with my life. Hottest job I ever had, although building fences in Wyoming was a close second.

Maybe it’s not so bad in Washington, though.
    Roofing in the rain. WINNING! Seriously though you'll be in pretty good physical shape assuming you don't get hurt.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Spokane is dry, and gets into the 80s in the summer.

For the right guy, this would be a pretty good gig.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Spokane is dry, and gets into the 80s in the summer.

For the right guy, this would be a pretty good gig.
    Well, we do get into the nineties but, the crews start at like 6:00 in the summer and are done by 2:30 so miss the hottest part of the day.

C'mon, you slackers....there must be someone out there that's looking for work. Anyone? Beuhler?

I'm an excellent roofer. Clean record, and can pass a drug test. Mainly because LSD doesn't show up on those tests.

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    I'm an excellent roofer. Clean record, and can pass a drug test. Mainly because LSD doesn't show up on those tests.
    You just have to pass the test...beyond that, don't ask, don't tell. Just don't endanger yourself or others.... no tripping while on the clock.... (and yes, I know you're just being funny...)

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    If I was in Spokane and you had a crew doing three 12-14s I would be your guy.

4-10's works best for us this time of year. It gets too hot in the afternoon, oftentimes so 12's wind up being fairly non-productive in the later afternoon. 14's are just too late after starting at 6:00.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    round here we piece work roofing
    so nobody cares which hours were the most productive

and you work when you want as stoned as you please

but sober when someone else wants sounds almost as good
    whats journeyman wage up to in that neck of the woods?
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

We don't really do piece work. All our work is commercial with very little shingling, mostly TPO with some other membranes or metal. Journeyman rate is about $25.

I have a great job opening for skiers in the Spokane area

Hey, I’m local and know a couple dudes looking for work. Could you pm me with some contact info And specifics I can get to em?

Sure. I'll get to it tomorrow ( Saturday)

Quote Originally Posted by Dhiler17 View Post
    Hey, I’m local and know a couple dudes looking for work. Could you pm me with some contact info And specifics I can get to em?
    Sorry man, I spaced this out over the weekend. I just sent you a PM with the information. Thanks!

Too much weed?