Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Car doorsteps (hooks onto latch)

Anyone buy one of these and can comment?

https://www.fusur.com/products/multi...-free-shipping
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Great idea for grabbing yer snoblades quickly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	71uCK_QpytL._SL1000_1024x1024.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	160.0 KB 
ID:	281008

^^
    Yes, for that purpose exactly. You see, I'm a midget. Those 58cm babies are like 215 lady DH's to me.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”

www.mymountaincoop.ca

I bought one for getting my bike on top of my sedan. It seemed like a great idea, but where it hooks on to the door latch in my car (Ford Fusion), I have to step on the doorsill, then onto that step. It is kinda of (scratch that), really awkward to do with a bike overhead. I used it once and now it sits in my glove box.

I think it really depends on where the door latch is located related to your height. I have stumpy legs and made the step onto it uncomfortable in reach. I got if for 10$ on amazon

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    ^^
    Yes, for that purpose exactly. You see, I'm a midget. Those 58cm babies are like 215 lady DH's to me.
    You're still going to need a step stool to get to latch height.

Does it come in red?

Or with an AMG logo?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

A 5 gallon bucket turned upside down makes a good step stool, with the added bonus of being a good car wash bucket.

Yea but that’s not gadgety enough. A bucket? C’mon.

get an 9$ rubber maid stool, you can sit on it to drink beer or put your ski boots on

and after you take off foot wear turn the stool upside down to hold wet or dirty boots
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Yea but that’s not gadgety enough. A bucket? C’mon.
    How about make it with carbon fiber, and colab with a cool bike company?

Already using a small step, and very occasionally a bucket (when I can get my hands on one, ha). Wanted to not haul around the step, however upon reflection - that little step thingee makes for a pretty good perch for removal and installation of ski boots. Also good drinking stoop in a pinch.

One thing I liked about this gadget was that it appeared to get me closer to the skis in the rack (ie not reaching too far for the skis on the opposite side of the box) ... but really do I need this fucking thing?? Probably not.
    Another save by the collective. I knew I should ask. Thanks boys.

www.mymountaincoop.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    How about make it with carbon fiber, and colab with a cool bike company?
    Like one of those Yeti buckets.

It's all fun and games until someone, probably a kid trying to "help" slams the car door on it and totally fucks up the door alignment and/or latch mechanism.

Folding step stool tales up little space and also doubles as a seat to sit on when putting on your boots.

Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Given most door handles are only held in with two m6 bolts and made of cheap plastic, and most door panels are pretty thin, its going to be what do you ruin 1st.

I managed to accidentally rip the door handle out of our Skoda when it jammed...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I Came, I Saw, I .... Made A Slight Effort & Then Went Home For Lunch.

These hang on the latch of the door frame, a fairly strong point as it’s intended to hold stuff together in a wreck.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Gravity always wins...

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Like one of those Yeti buckets.
    But 40 grams lighter, and $20 more.

I bought one for my wife’s FJ so she can get into the roof box. Works fine.

Those look pretty damn clever to me. Who the fuck wants to haul around step ladders. Between jacks, tow chain, tire chains, insulated clothes, rope, tools, etc. the last thing I want is more shit that takes up space in my cab. These would be great when I have the tonneau on and carry my kayak on a roof/hitch rack setup. It's a pain in the ass trying to stand on the seat to reach the straps over the cab. Three buckets might get me high enough to reach straps, a short step stool certainly wouldn't. I find it funny when people want to save $5 or $10 on an item for their $30K vehicle and think they are being thrifty. All the while sucking down a $5 coffee and thinking nothing of it.

Thanks for the link, I'm buying one. $20 is nothing for a clever / useful item, assuming it works as intended. Which it sounds like it does according to AnonSequitur. Plus I can smash out windows of the assholes that purposely take up two parking spaces

Ha, merchant name on my paypal receipt is "Jimmy Buffett". The man is really branching out.

I'd forget and slam the door shut with the step still installed, and end up permanently bending all the important door latch parts.

Basically, this device is more clever than I am.

Quote Originally Posted by skimaxpower View Post
    I'd forget and slam the door shut with the step still installed, and end up permanently bending all the important door latch parts.

Basically, this device is more clever than I am.
    Ghettowerx Solution:

Materials: Cordless drill, 10mm drill bit, 125cm ski pole with handle, red duct tape (the really sticky stuff).

Procedure: Drill hole in exterior door or car body panel so that when u stick the ski pole tip in and wedge the handle end into an appropriate nesting spot in the target door, it results in a reasonable compression fit to keep the desired door jacked in the full open position. When ski pole car door jack system not in use, use red duct tape to temporarily seal the hole in exterior door or car body panel.

Name:  71_KFI15BeL._SL1500_1024x1024.jpg
Views: 608
Size:  65.0 KB
    Master of mediocrity.

I usually never buy anything without a quick google search for lower prices first. But for whatever reason didn't this time. $13 shipped on Amazon %&^%$$#%^^&&@@!!!!

https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Door...14545120&psc=1

Can't u just pull one of the dead hookers out of the trunk to stand on?

I step on the door sill and if I need more height then step on the rear tire. Has been working well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    I usually never buy anything without a quick google search for lower prices first. But for whatever reason didn't this time. $13 shipped on Amazon %&^%$$#%^^&&@@!!!!

https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Door...14545120&psc=1
    Let us know how it works. Did you pay for expert installation for $72? Like to see how that would work, here it's installed, you can never close your car door. Maybe some one comes each time you need it installed?

Sent from my SM-G950U using TGR Forums mobile app

CarRl is gonna need to lose some weight.
    Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    Ghettowerx Solution:

Materials: Cordless drill, 10mm drill bit, 125cm ski pole with handle, red duct tape (the really sticky stuff).

Procedure: Drill hole in exterior door or car body panel so that when u stick the ski pole tip in and wedge the handle end into an appropriate nesting spot in the target door, it results in a reasonable compression fit to keep the desired door jacked in the full open position. When ski pole car door jack system not in use, use red duct tape to temporarily seal the hole in exterior door or car body panel.

Name:  71_KFI15BeL._SL1500_1024x1024.jpg
Views: 608
Size:  65.0 KB