Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    The valet gets the gear out when dropping me off at the bullwheel. The sherpa carries the gear until I'm ready to step in.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    Ghettowerx Solution:

Materials: Cordless drill, 10mm drill bit, 125cm ski pole with handle, red duct tape (the really sticky stuff).

Procedure: Drill hole in exterior door or car body panel so that when u stick the ski pole tip in and wedge the handle end into an appropriate nesting spot in the target door, it results in a reasonable compression fit to keep the desired door jacked in the full open position. When ski pole car door jack system not in use, use red duct tape to temporarily seal the hole in exterior door or car body panel.

Attachment 281308

Drill a hole in the car door? I realize you're a tinkering maniac, but if I had any car that was not a complete beater (not - my car has 7k miles on it), that is nuts! As usual: pretty clever on you, but no way am I going there.

Collapsible step is the way to go if your car is tall. Takes up minimal room and is the Occam's razor of solutions.

But, you guys seriously even need to consider a seat to put your boots on?!? If it gives you any trouble, from a standing position...time to shed some blubber, stat!

I don't need a step, but I want a couple of prongs that attach to the roof rack and stick out to the side, so I can lean skis against the side of the car without scratching the paint or having the skis slide off. (While we're at it I want a guitar neck holder that plugs into one of the unused jacks on my Fender so I can lean my guitar against the amp without it sliding off, so I don't need to drag around a guitar stand. Same principle. Bill Kirchen has one but he probably got it many decades ago; I don't see one on the market.)

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I don't need a step, but I want a couple of prongs that attach to the roof rack and stick out to the side, so I can lean skis against the side of the car without scratching the paint or having the skis slide off. (While we're at it I want a guitar neck holder that plugs into one of the unused jacks on my Fender so I can lean my guitar against the amp without it sliding off, so I don't need to drag around a guitar stand. Same principle. Bill Kirchen has one but he probably got it many decades ago; I don't see one on the market.)
    https://www.wildsnow.com/19532/ski-b...-scratch-skis/
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

That should go along well with my Ski Tote. I may have to test it at highway speeds to see if it will stay on and do a review. Will Blister pay me d'ya think?
    Now about the plug in guitar holder?

We have one of these steps for the Yukon. I did have to modify it for angle but it works great.
    Click. Point. Chute.

Update.
    Wifey bought one for the X3 bmw. She loves it, and I have to admit it makes it easier fucking around with stuff in the ski box. Money was well spent IMHO.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

My wife wants one