Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bracing for Gas Price Gouging

Iranian oil getting blacklisted.. Full scale revolution brewing in Venezuela. Betting gas will be at least $5/gallon before the end of next week. Time to pump up the bike tires?
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

But we're blaming the increase in prices on flooding in the Midwest. Always seems to be something to blame rising gas prices on other than just greed.

I thought it was the additive plant in Texas that cought on fire last month.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

C'mon, it's summer. Duh.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

It goes up, it comes back down, the pricing is all market manipulation. High prices don't stop anyone from buying a big truck or SUV in this silly country, so deal with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

I'm getting 9.9mpg and I say bring on $5/gallon gas. Shit, let's go for $10. I'll buy a boat in the fall for pennies.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Whatever you think it will do, it will do the opposite.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    It goes up, it comes back down, the pricing is all market manipulation. High prices don't stop anyone from buying a big truck or SUV in this silly country, so deal with it.
    Similar to diamonds and DeBeers control of the market.

But suggest a small gas tax increase to fix the roads and many bricks are shat.

Only two reason there are increases in the price of gas 1. oil companies want more money and 2. They can get away with it. Number 1 is a constant. Number 2 Is variable.
    Damn, we're in a tight spot!

No need to brace for it in Truckee, we've been gouged for years, we're used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Obstruction View Post
    But suggest a small gas tax increase to fix the roads and many bricks are shat.
    Or heaven forbid that a soccer mom drives something smaller than a 6,000 lb vehicle with less than 22" of ground clearance and 400 hp.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    No need to brace for it in Truckee, we've been gouged for years, we're used to it.
    Pfft, just drive down to Costco in Reno for the weekly Costco booze run and fill up at the same time. You're doing it wrong OG
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

More like brace for people whining about how much it costs to fill up their Excaburbans. Gonna be mid '00s all over again. I remember it well. "Waah, waah, waah. It cost $$$ to fill up my [insert large SUV/truck here] this morning!"

I say bring it. Job security for me, and the ensuing whining's gonna be hilarious to me. Whenever people I know buy a large SUV to haul their 2.1 kids around, I always have to think that gas prices ain't gonna be like this forever. It's very short-sighted. Can't wait to see Ford get caught with their pants down now that they axed ALL cars from their lineup. Hope they freaking tank for their automotive sins.

July 7, 2008—Crude oil prices settled-in at a new record of $147 per barrel. The U.S. average price for regular gasoline climbs to an all-time high of $4.11 per gallon. Road trip style vacations are put on hold for many summer travelers.

As Americans, we should not be complaining about gas prices. It’s 1/3 rd the cost vs Europe.

Plus we’re inches away from Venezuela opening it’s taps again.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    More like brace for people whining about how much it costs to fill up their Excaburbans. Gonna be mid '00s all over again. I remember it well. "Waah, waah, waah. It cost $$$ to fill up my [insert large SUV/truck here] this morning!"

I say bring it. Job security for me, and the ensuing whining's gonna be hilarious to me. Whenever people I know buy a large SUV to haul their 2.1 kids around, I always have to think that gas prices ain't gonna be like this forever. It's very short-sighted. Can't wait to see Ford get caught with their pants down now that they axed ALL cars from their lineup. Hope they freaking tank for their automotive sins.
    I'd buy an Excaburban

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    As Americans, we should not be complaining about gas prices. It’s 1/3 rd the cost vs Europe.

Plus we’re inches away from Venezuela opening it’s taps again.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    European gas prices are around double US prices.

https://www.globalpetrolprices.com/gasoline_prices/
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

At least the euros have a viable alternative to driving with their excellent public transportation system.....

^That's what I miss the most about living in Avon when I first moved to CO. No car and lived right next to two of the main bus loops. Back then, there was an Avon to Beaver Creek loop for parts of the day which was simply great. Current location has no public transport and spread-out areas, so lots of driving. It might be time to work on getting back to that area, but gas price is the least of your concerns with rent that high. Double or more what we paid in 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    I'd buy an Excaburban
    what about a ferd fteenthousand?

https://youtu.be/F8P5vGcf-NU

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Truck sales were nearly down by half when gas was most recently at its peak between 2008-2013

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    I'd buy an Excaburban
    Pffft. Canyonero, obviously.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

gas is already almost 7$ a sissy american gallon in vangroovy you fukcing pussies
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLanTheman View Post
    Truck sales were nearly down by half when gas was most recently at its peak between 2008-2013
    There was also a bit of a recession on during that time period if you recall.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.