Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 105
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    4,063

    Bracing for Gas Price Gouging

    Iranian oil getting blacklisted.. Full scale revolution brewing in Venezuela. Betting gas will be at least $5/gallon before the end of next week. Time to pump up the bike tires?
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    208 State
    Posts
    1,997
    But we're blaming the increase in prices on flooding in the Midwest. Always seems to be something to blame rising gas prices on other than just greed.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Masshole
    Posts
    1,549
    I thought it was the additive plant in Texas that cought on fire last month.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Before
    Posts
    20,044
    C'mon, it's summer. Duh.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    11,792
    It goes up, it comes back down, the pricing is all market manipulation. High prices don't stop anyone from buying a big truck or SUV in this silly country, so deal with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    400
    I'm getting 9.9mpg and I say bring on $5/gallon gas. Shit, let's go for $10. I'll buy a boat in the fall for pennies.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    9,143
    Whatever you think it will do, it will do the opposite.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Golden
    Posts
    3,376
    Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    It goes up, it comes back down, the pricing is all market manipulation. High prices don't stop anyone from buying a big truck or SUV in this silly country, so deal with it.
    Similar to diamonds and DeBeers control of the market.
    Be always sure you're right THEN GO AHEAD!

    Its not a date, its a sport.TM STOP Boulderizing Golden!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    driving past the Stop and Shop
    Posts
    2,895
    But suggest a small gas tax increase to fix the roads and many bricks are shat.

    Only two reason there are increases in the price of gas 1. oil companies want more money and 2. They can get away with it. Number 1 is a constant. Number 2 Is variable.
    Damn, we're in a tight spot!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    10,759
    No need to brace for it in Truckee, we've been gouged for years, we're used to it.

  11. #11
    DJSapp's Avatar
    DJSapp is online now (╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    All over NCal
    Posts
    6,261
    Quote Originally Posted by Obstruction View Post
    But suggest a small gas tax increase to fix the roads and many bricks are shat.
    Or heaven forbid that a soccer mom drives something smaller than a 6,000 lb vehicle with less than 22" of ground clearance and 400 hp.
    Fat fuck bubbas are not erosion.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    11,792
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    No need to brace for it in Truckee, we've been gouged for years, we're used to it.
    Pfft, just drive down to Costco in Reno for the weekly Costco booze run and fill up at the same time. You're doing it wrong OG
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    5,671
    More like brace for people whining about how much it costs to fill up their Excaburbans. Gonna be mid '00s all over again. I remember it well. "Waah, waah, waah. It cost $$$ to fill up my [insert large SUV/truck here] this morning!"

    I say bring it. Job security for me, and the ensuing whining's gonna be hilarious to me. Whenever people I know buy a large SUV to haul their 2.1 kids around, I always have to think that gas prices ain't gonna be like this forever. It's very short-sighted. Can't wait to see Ford get caught with their pants down now that they axed ALL cars from their lineup. Hope they freaking tank for their automotive sins.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,195
    July 7, 2008—Crude oil prices settled-in at a new record of $147 per barrel. The U.S. average price for regular gasoline climbs to an all-time high of $4.11 per gallon. Road trip style vacations are put on hold for many summer travelers.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Missoula DMV
    Posts
    628

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    STL
    Posts
    8,524
    As Americans, we should not be complaining about gas prices. Its 1/3 rd the cost vs Europe.

    Plus were inches away from Venezuela opening its taps again.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    OR
    Posts
    1,411
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    More like brace for people whining about how much it costs to fill up their Excaburbans. Gonna be mid '00s all over again. I remember it well. "Waah, waah, waah. It cost $$$ to fill up my [insert large SUV/truck here] this morning!"

    I say bring it. Job security for me, and the ensuing whining's gonna be hilarious to me. Whenever people I know buy a large SUV to haul their 2.1 kids around, I always have to think that gas prices ain't gonna be like this forever. It's very short-sighted. Can't wait to see Ford get caught with their pants down now that they axed ALL cars from their lineup. Hope they freaking tank for their automotive sins.
    I'd buy an Excaburban

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    29,812
    Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    As Americans, we should not be complaining about gas prices. Its 1/3 rd the cost vs Europe.

    Plus were inches away from Venezuela opening its taps again.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    European gas prices are around double US prices.

    https://www.globalpetrolprices.com/gasoline_prices/
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    on the banks of Fish Creek
    Posts
    1,262
    At least the euros have a viable alternative to driving with their excellent public transportation system.....

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,195
    ^That's what I miss the most about living in Avon when I first moved to CO. No car and lived right next to two of the main bus loops. Back then, there was an Avon to Beaver Creek loop for parts of the day which was simply great. Current location has no public transport and spread-out areas, so lots of driving. It might be time to work on getting back to that area, but gas price is the least of your concerns with rent that high. Double or more what we paid in 2005.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    4,119
    Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    I'd buy an Excaburban
    what about a ferd fteenthousand?

    https://youtu.be/F8P5vGcf-NU

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    It goes up, it comes back down, the pricing is all market manipulation. High prices don't stop anyone from buying a big truck or SUV in this silly country, so deal with it.
    Truck sales were nearly down by half when gas was most recently at its peak between 2008-2013

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    21,115
    Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    I'd buy an Excaburban
    Pffft. Canyonero, obviously.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    17,871
    gas is already almost 7$ a sissy american gallon in vangroovy you fukcing pussies
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  25. #25
    DJSapp's Avatar
    DJSapp is online now (╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    All over NCal
    Posts
    6,261
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleLanTheman View Post
    Truck sales were nearly down by half when gas was most recently at its peak between 2008-2013
    There was also a bit of a recession on during that time period if you recall.
    Fat fuck bubbas are not erosion.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •