Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Twin Peaks Gas in North Bend? It's on there but nobody has reported a price recently, you should do it.

Curious what is shitty about Safeway gas... or any particular "brand" for that matter. fill tank, turn key, engine starts does so until tank empty.

Apart from anything else the Safeway rewards discount is worthwhile if you're buying groceries there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Curious what is shitty about Safeway gas... or any particular "brand" for that matter.
    Nothing. Just oft perpetuated misinformation. It all comes from the same base stocks.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    I paid $2.69/gallon yesterday. Best price so far this calendar year was $1.98/gallon in February. I fear we're headed for double what we pay right now pretty soon everywhere including Urup unless the flow from Iran and Venezuela are back up to capacity.
    I don’t think the market agrees with you - global demand is not growing faster than supply is increasing.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

every now and then a particular station is found to have shitty gas. But yeah, pretty much the best price is the best gas.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I paid $2.58 a few days ago (with grocery store rewards saving me .10).
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Probably nothing. That unbranded 87 octane that leaves Anacortes has a certain gov't minimum additive package and may end up at every gas station in WA state, unless it was brought up from N CA and mixed together with other 87 in a 3MM gal tank at the terminal before it went out. What Shell, Mobil and other branded guys do is add additional additives at the rack (where the gasoline tanker trucks fill up). The additive package is generally better for 93 than 87 within a brand.

The QC up to the point of delivery at the station is high. I would avoid is a gas station that's never busy. Water and dirt can build up in their tanks. Also I like to avoid stations right after a delivery. It can stir things up.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Gas has been cheap for over 10 years since the last spike, despite all the e-prognosticators predictions of another imminent spike over that time. That's a couple gas guzzlers bought and sold for a lot of people. Aren't you a car guy? The end is near for petroleum powered conveyances. We're living in a golden age of cool cars and dirt cheap fuel for them. Why sip Cristal when you can bathe in that shit!?
    We are in no way in a golden age of cool cars. A wide selection of unibody crossovers with all wheel drive optional might be nice for skiers, but those cars are boring, uncool appliances.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    We are in no way in a golden age of cool cars.

FTR - I agree with it.

It's the golden age of horsepower at least.

Back when I had Satellite radio I was listening to the Ellis show and a fuel truck driver called in. He more or less said that the octane rating at the pump is bullshit and the truckers just pump whatever they've got into whatever tank they feel like as long as they aren't hauling diesel. Pretty much said it was industry standard. Take that for what's worth...

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    It's the golden age of horsepower at least.
    Which helps a bunch when you need to get up to speed quickly to merge into:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Traffic.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	281096

Quote Originally Posted by Gcooker View Post
    Back when I had Satellite radio I was listening to the Ellis show and a fuel truck driver called in. He more or less said that the octane rating at the pump is bullshit and the truckers just pump whatever they've got into whatever tank they feel like as long as they aren't hauling diesel. Pretty much said it was industry standard. Take that for what's worth...
    Even if true, that's just octane. And could theoretically happen at any "brand" of gas station.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Even if true, that's just octane. And could theoretically happen at any "brand" of gas station.
    Shitty to think however that if you're paying 20 cents a gallon more for higher octane, you may not be getting anything different.

agree.

Name:  gasstation.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  89.1 KB

Well don't pay for more octane than your engine needs, it's a stone waste of money. But if you have a high-compression engine and you use low-octane gas you'll know it eventually.

Discussion of octane is gonna seem pretty quaint in 20 years.

I hope so

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Complete BS. Those trucks have 3 or 4 compartments. You get sent out for the day with the exact amount for delivery of each grade.

Shitty to think however that if you're paying 20 cents a gallon more for higher octane, you may not be getting anything different.
    That's tested for pretty frequently and punished when found. If it was industrywide common practice you'd know about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Discussion of octane is gonna seem pretty quaint in 20 years.
    Don't plug your car in at Safeway, they have shitty electricity.

I'm waiting for some smug electric car owner to come into this thread and brag about what he pays. Even though no one wants to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Don't plug your car in at Safeway, they have shitty electricity.
    That low joule shit will fuck up your battery, man.

I heard they mix DC in the with their AC.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Complete BS. Those trucks have 3 or 4 compartments. You get sent out for the day with the exact amount for delivery of each grade.
    I think what he's saying is that if the gas station is out of 92, and the truck is also out of 92 then the truck pumps in 87 in to the gas station 92 tank. I have heard about gas stations getting caught failing tests here. One of them was Sam's Club.

Now don't you dare tell me that coke I bought in the bathroom of that bar was cut. The guy swore it wasn't..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    That's tested for pretty frequently and punished when found. If it was industrywide common practice you'd know about it.
    This.

People will believe ANYTHING they hear/read...