Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    gas is already almost 7$ a sissy american gallon in vangroovy you fukcing pussies
    Is that gasoline $7 a gallon in Loonies or real money?

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    There was also a bit of a recession on during that time period if you recall.
    Recession had absolutely nothing to do with my gainfully employed (in a booming local economy), large SUV driving co-workers who were all of a sudden keenly interested in what mpg I was getting in my Mazda 3. I saw guys go from driving Tahoes to driving Priuses. It was hilarious.

I predict we'll be seeing a repeat in that cycle once again. Man, people have some seriously short-term memories when it comes to their vehicle purchases and fuel costs as truck and SUV sales have been so high these last few years. In the meanwhile, people (including some of my current co-workers, once again) continue to question my logic in looking into EVs/hybrids as my next vehicle purchase. Can't wait to hear the butthurt flow as they complain once again about how much it costs to fuel up and I can laugh about how it cost me like $10 in electricity.

Between the gallons and the loonies gas prices in Canada are pretty mysterious.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Man, people have some seriously short-term memories when it comes to their vehicle purchases and fuel costs as truck and SUV sales have been so high these last few years.
    Gas has been cheap for over 10 years since the last spike, despite all the e-prognosticators predictions of another imminent spike over that time. That's a couple gas guzzlers bought and sold for a lot of people. Aren't you a car guy? The end is near for petroleum powered conveyances. We're living in a golden age of cool cars and dirt cheap fuel for them. Why sip Cristal when you can bathe in that shit!?
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Between the gallons and the loonies gas prices in Canada are pretty mysterious.
    right now the exchange would be about 25 % and there are 3.8 liters in a american gal compared to 4.5 liters in an imperial gallon

Vangroovy is really expensive cuz they really have no refineries of their own so have to buy a lot of their gas from washington, YVR is a busy international airport and they are depending on washington for jet fuel
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I paid between 1.19 and 1.39 CAD/liter last week in BC and Alberta, which works out to be slightly less than I pay per gallon in western Washington.

I paid $2.69/gallon yesterday. Best price so far this calendar year was $1.98/gallon in February. I fear we're headed for double what we pay right now pretty soon everywhere including Urup unless the flow from Iran and Venezuela are back up to capacity.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Last month I abandoned my 40-year streak of owning 4wd vehicles. Bought a car that gets 40+ mpg. Winning.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Are you gonna wash it?

Bracing for Gas Price Gouging

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I paid between 1.19 and 1.39 CAD/liter last week in BC and Alberta, which works out to be slightly less than I pay per gallon in western Washington.
    $1.39/litre * 0.75 ($exchange) * 3.8 litres = $3.9615/US gallon. You pay more than that in Western Wash? Ouch!
    Last edited by BCMtnHound; 05-01-2019 at 10:31 AM.

my large SUV driving co-workers

my Trailblazer

Vangroovy is really expensive cuz they really have no refineries of their own so have to buy a lot of their gas from washington, YVR is a busy international airport and they are depending on washington for jet fuel
    I think Vancouver is expensive due (at least in part) to the additional taxes added to gas in the lower mainland.

Unless something has changed, I can think of at least two refineries in Burnaby. I have a friend who lived fairly close to one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I was just in Van a few days ago, and $1.6something seemed to be the norm.

That's why BC plates outnumber WA by a good margin at the Bellingham Costco.

gas is already almost 7$ a sissy american gallon in vangroovy you fukcing pussies
    Yeah, but my health insurance (for me only) runs over $700 month, and then there’re the co-pays and deductible.

I might trade that for $7/gal gas. I know it’s a little more complicated than that, just sayin’.

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    $1.39/litre * 0.75 ($exchange) * 3.8 litres = $3.9615/US gallon. You pay more than that in Western Wash? Ouch!
    $3.30 - $3.70 here in Bellingham.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Last month I abandoned my 40-year streak of owning 4wd vehicles. Bought a car that gets 40+ mpg. Winning.
    BMW 328d xi wagon for TMFW! Likely my next car at 40mpg on the highway. Not as fast as the V70R for passing, but 15 more mpg on those drives to Mammoth seems like a winner.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 329
Size:  113.8 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    At the time I had a Mazda 3 hatch. Also, I'm ditching the TB as quick as I can. Needed its capabilities for getting to/from work in the very remote area I was working in central MT. Now its services are no longer required and I can't wait to go back to an economy car, preferably something I can plug in this time. Trucks and SUVs are great tools when needed, but they're kind of silly for most city folk. I stand by that.

Bracing for Gas Price Gouging

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Are you gonna wash it?
    I already have. At the very same car wash my buddy the car wash JONG couldn't figure out...
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Next time you see him there, cut the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Yeah, but my health insurance (for me only) runs over $700 month, and then there’re the co-pays and deductible.

I might trade that for $7/gal gas. I know it’s a little more complicated than that, just sayin’.
    what is health insurance ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

what is health insurance ?
    Exactly.

It’s more than $7/gal.

Word on the street is Venezuela had both the best gas prices in the world and free healthcare at one point

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    I used an average of the range I posted, but yeah, my last fillup here in Western Washington was at $3.79 a gallon, and that was for shitty Safeway gas.

$2.75 here today and there's not a refinery within 250 miles.

gasbuddy is still a good tool and may become more useful soon: https://www.gasbuddy.com

Between 3.95 (arco) and 4.25 in SF today.

Paid $3.25 for Reg using cash at the Twin Peaks Gas & Mini Mart. Not on Gas Buddy. They have ethanol free 97 octane too.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.