Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
Results 126 to 142 of 142
  1. #126
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Driggs
    Posts
    73
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	One Hourof 5th Street Poster.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	944.5 KB 
ID:	293246

    Just trying to make 5th Street Bike Park a little less sleeper. Come race in the old singletrack behind the skate park. It's cooler than when the druggies hung out back there, I promise!

  2. #127
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    860
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    I guess I'm not that far away, but I would never think of Fernie as an unknown, more as an obvious destination. But maybe you need more ads? IDK. Riders around here know it, though.

    Kimberley seems like a solid up and comer. Scratched the surface there a few weeks back and found at least one really sweet/short loop. They don't mind steeps, that's for sure. I need to go around the mountain next time!
    There's a golf course that shares the name of the best trails in Kimberley, check that out next time. The entire area is sleeper IMHO .

  3. #128
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Down In A Hole, Up in the Sky
    Posts
    25,205
    Quote Originally Posted by cydwhit View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	One Hourof 5th Street Poster.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	944.5 KB 
ID:	293246

    Just trying to make 5th Street Bike Park a little less sleeper. Come race in the old singletrack behind the skate park. It's cooler than when the druggies hung out back there, I promise!
    I feel ancient now that the 5th street singletrack is being described as 'old'....
    StokePimpin' ain't easy

  4. #129
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    the gach
    Posts
    5,494
    Everybody is sleeping on anchorage. Weve got some pretty damn awesome riding now. New trails every year and awesome terrain. Watch out for bears and moose.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

  5. #130
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,837
    Quote Originally Posted by Gcooker View Post
    There's a golf course that shares the name of the best trails in Kimberley, check that out next time. The entire area is sleeper IMHO .
    We were around a course most rides and seemed to keep hitting some "military" road when we weren't on a ridge. On the right track?

    I think if they ran a lift up the sleeping would end quickly. For better and worse.

  6. #131
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    invermere
    Posts
    574
    Nakusp is an up and coming area, lots of new trails with campsite and no traffic.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  7. #132
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    959
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I feel ancient now that the 5th street singletrack is being described as 'old'....
    Yeah, it's pretty damn new by my standards. And really fun, kudos to those who've whipped it into shape.

  8. #133
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    bestcoast
    Posts
    1,487
    yeah I wouldn't classify Fernie as sleeper either, 100% rad, for sure though. Wife and I stayed a night in Nakusp a couple years ago on the way to Nelson, definitely some fun rides, looks like they're finally moving on their big plans there too, can't wait to see how it turns out...that's such a rad part of BC.

  9. #134
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ross Thompson's land
    Posts
    656
    Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    Nakusp is an up and coming area, lots of new trails with campsite and no traffic.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    If I were to drive up there for a day of riding, would you recommend the box lake zone or my Abriel zone?

  10. #135
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    1,514
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kanone View Post
    If I were to drive up there for a day of riding, would you recommend the box lake zone or my Abriel zone?
    Have you ridden New Denver? I can't compare as I haven't ridden Nakusp but New Denver is rad...and I assume what Nakusp is striving to become?

  11. #136
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ross Thompson's land
    Posts
    656
    Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    Have you ridden New Denver? I can't compare as I haven't ridden Nakusp but New Denver is rad...and I assume what Nakusp is striving to become?
    Funny you say that because I would have to drive through New Denver to get there coming from Rossland.
    Maybe Ill check out New Denver first.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  12. #137
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    invermere
    Posts
    574
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kanone View Post
    If I were to drive up there for a day of riding, would you recommend the box lake zone or my Abriel zone?
    Both are great, Abriel has a new 6km flow trail across the hiway and a decent jump line.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  13. #138
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    invermere
    Posts
    574
    Kaslo is also not new but they have a bunch of new trails popping up and a pretty good brewery.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  14. #139
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Revelstoke
    Posts
    621
    I'm curious to see how Mt. Abriel in Nakusp develops. The trails below the highway aren't all that interesting, but they are developing more above the highway and I expect those will be more fun. I do like the fact the campground is part of the network. The Box Lake trails are pretty fun, and the Kuskanax Trail is a great XC ride through a beautiful forest. I don't think Nakusp is a destination until itself, but it is a great place to stop for some riding between Revelstoke and Nelson/Rossland.

  15. #140
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    Kaslo is also not new but they have a bunch of new trails popping up and a pretty good brewery.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Really? Awesome. I've been toying with bringing the bike out that way. My dad was from Trail and I want to go there just to see it (I know it's not much of a destination) and Kaslo was his favourite place. He had a cabin on the shore there up until the mid nineties.

    Thanks, all the more reason to drive a few provinces over.

  16. #141
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    invermere
    Posts
    574
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexC View Post
    I'm curious to see how Mt. Abriel in Nakusp develops. The trails below the highway aren't all that interesting, but they are developing more above the highway and I expect those will be more fun. I do like the fact the campground is part of the network. The Box Lake trails are pretty fun, and the Kuskanax Trail is a great XC ride through a beautiful forest. I don't think Nakusp is a destination until itself, but it is a great place to stop for some riding between Revelstoke and Nelson/Rossland.
    This line was short but fun at Abriel

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  17. #142
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    2,734
    I only had one shuttle lap but Bootleg in Kimberley blew me away. Snow Mexican off the top, fall line tech with awesome rock lines, steep berms, doubles, drops etc. So good.. amazing trail building quality. And then the lower half of the mountain has ridiculously well built jump lines.

    Will need to check out Fernie next summer though, in-laws live in Cranbrook which is a good base.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •