Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	One Hourof 5th Street Poster.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	944.5 KB 
ID:	293246

Just trying to make 5th Street Bike Park a little less sleeper. Come race in the old singletrack behind the skate park. It's cooler than when the druggies hung out back there, I promise!

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    I guess I'm not that far away, but I would never think of Fernie as an unknown, more as an obvious destination. But maybe you need more ads? IDK. Riders around here know it, though.

Kimberley seems like a solid up and comer. Scratched the surface there a few weeks back and found at least one really sweet/short loop. They don't mind steeps, that's for sure. I need to go around the mountain next time!
    There's a golf course that shares the name of the best trails in Kimberley, check that out next time. The entire area is sleeper IMHO .

Quote Originally Posted by cydwhit View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	One Hourof 5th Street Poster.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	944.5 KB 
ID:	293246

Just trying to make 5th Street Bike Park a little less sleeper. Come race in the old singletrack behind the skate park. It's cooler than when the druggies hung out back there, I promise!
    I feel ancient now that the 5th street singletrack is being described as 'old'....
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Everybody is sleeping on anchorage. We’ve got some pretty damn awesome riding now. New trails every year and awesome terrain. Watch out for bears and moose.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Quote Originally Posted by Gcooker View Post
    There's a golf course that shares the name of the best trails in Kimberley, check that out next time. The entire area is sleeper IMHO .
    We were around a course most rides and seemed to keep hitting some "military" road when we weren't on a ridge. On the right track?

I think if they ran a lift up the sleeping would end quickly. For better and worse.

Nakusp is an up and coming area, lots of new trails with campsite and no traffic.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I feel ancient now that the 5th street singletrack is being described as 'old'....
    Yeah, it's pretty damn new by my standards. And really fun, kudos to those who've whipped it into shape.

yeah I wouldn't classify Fernie as sleeper either, 100% rad, for sure though. Wife and I stayed a night in Nakusp a couple years ago on the way to Nelson, definitely some fun rides, looks like they're finally moving on their big plans there too, can't wait to see how it turns out...that's such a rad part of BC.

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    Nakusp is an up and coming area, lots of new trails with campsite and no traffic.

If I were to drive up there for a day of riding, would you recommend the box lake zone or my Abriel zone?

Quote Originally Posted by El Kanone View Post
    If I were to drive up there for a day of riding, would you recommend the box lake zone or my Abriel zone?
    Have you ridden New Denver? I can't compare as I haven't ridden Nakusp but New Denver is rad...and I assume what Nakusp is striving to become?

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    Have you ridden New Denver? I can't compare as I haven't ridden Nakusp but New Denver is rad...and I assume what Nakusp is striving to become?
    Funny you say that because I would have to drive through New Denver to get there coming from Rossland.
    Maybe I’ll check out New Denver first.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by El Kanone View Post
    Both are great, Abriel has a new 6km flow trail across the hiway and a decent jump line.

Kaslo is also not new but they have a bunch of new trails popping up and a pretty good brewery.

I'm curious to see how Mt. Abriel in Nakusp develops. The trails below the highway aren't all that interesting, but they are developing more above the highway and I expect those will be more fun. I do like the fact the campground is part of the network. The Box Lake trails are pretty fun, and the Kuskanax Trail is a great XC ride through a beautiful forest. I don't think Nakusp is a destination until itself, but it is a great place to stop for some riding between Revelstoke and Nelson/Rossland.

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    Kaslo is also not new but they have a bunch of new trails popping up and a pretty good brewery.

Really? Awesome. I've been toying with bringing the bike out that way. My dad was from Trail and I want to go there just to see it (I know it's not much of a destination) and Kaslo was his favourite place. He had a cabin on the shore there up until the mid nineties.

Thanks, all the more reason to drive a few provinces over.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexC View Post
    I'm curious to see how Mt. Abriel in Nakusp develops. The trails below the highway aren't all that interesting, but they are developing more above the highway and I expect those will be more fun. I do like the fact the campground is part of the network. The Box Lake trails are pretty fun, and the Kuskanax Trail is a great XC ride through a beautiful forest. I don't think Nakusp is a destination until itself, but it is a great place to stop for some riding between Revelstoke and Nelson/Rossland.
    This line was short but fun at Abriel

I only had one shuttle lap but Bootleg in Kimberley blew me away. Snow Mexican off the top, fall line tech with awesome rock lines, steep berms, doubles, drops etc. So good.. amazing trail building quality. And then the lower half of the mountain has ridiculously well built jump lines.

Will need to check out Fernie next summer though, in-laws live in Cranbrook which is a good base.