Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Jesus, that landing is tiny for a jump that size. LOL at the color of the creek.
    Yeah - those orange rocks are kinda creepy...

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Jesus, that landing is tiny for a jump that size. LOL at the color of the creek.
    It is the same creek connected to the same mine that polluted the Animas river a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    It's about fucking time. Silverton has squandered YEARS. Talk about just about a perfect area to create a ridiculous trail network...
    Sort of... Lots of private property, too much elevation gain, high elevation, mountains too steep. Don't get me wrong, I'm in, you're in, lots of people reading this thread are in, but for an average rider, Silverton riding will always be above their pay grade.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    It's about fucking time. Silverton has squandered YEARS. Talk about just about a perfect area to create a ridiculous trail network...

And yeah, I know - Bender did some work up there a long time ago... was probably a bit too early at that point.
    Well it was Silverton the town this time, not the resort. On Boulder mountain to the west of town. Mostly if not all climbing trails, don’t think anything shuttleable. We will see, IMBA was instrumental in the design and approval process so it has potential to ummm go either way. I’m hoping it turns out pretty rad.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    It is the same creek connected to the same mine that polluted the Animas river a few years ago.
    Oh I know alllll about that creek and the Gold King incident. They had a bit of a mishap this winter: https://deq.utah.gov/general/gold-king-mine

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 1.03.07 PM.png
Views: 808
Size:  388.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP INTRO View Post
    Del Norte's only bike shop is no longer in business, I learned today.
    i guess Penitente is too sleepy. that is a bummer. Almost as bad as Calvillo's closing a few years ago. DTM was complaining about people riding with head phones. I spend most of my time riding around Del Norte so had no idea why this was an issue. Than I went to Moab on a weekend and got it. I guess you can define sleepy as a place where you can ride any direction with your tunes on. With the Pronghorn trails and the new work being done at Stone Quarry , and Frisco CK Del Norte has some solid options other than Penitente.
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by ULLRismyco-pilot View Post
    Well it was Silverton the town this time, not the resort. On Boulder mountain to the west of town. Mostly if not all climbing trails, don’t think anything shuttleable. We will see, IMBA was instrumental in the design and approval process so it has potential to ummm go either way. I’m hoping it turns out pretty rad.
    Yeah - I was referring to the Silverton area in general... so much potential.

Welcome to the San Juans.

I was there that September on my birthday but we got snowed out from riding. I watched Bender hit some of those sketchy jumps when we first got there though. There was a whole lotta jank going on for sure. He was a really nice guy and got us blunted for my B-day back at their employee housing.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Sort of... Lots of private property, too much elevation gain, high elevation, mountains too steep. Don't get me wrong, I'm in, you're in, lots of people reading this thread are in, but for an average rider, Silverton riding will always be above their pay grade.
    It's a short season for biking there I imagine.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    Welcome to the San Juans.
    yeah, most of the creeks up there are like that, unfortunately.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Just found out about this place in Heise, 30-40 minutes from Teton Valley. Bike park, camping, nearby golf, fishing, hot springs...might have to check it out this summer! http://7nranch.com/index.html
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

That picture almost looks photoshopped. Flat inrun to massive gap step up? Where's he landing, the back of the truck?
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    Just found out about this place in Heise, 30-40 minutes from Teton Valley. Bike park, camping, nearby golf, fishing, hot springs...might have to check it out this summer! http://7nranch.com/index.html
    Check the OP's post jong!

Rode Copper City, Helena, and Lewis and Clark Caverns this weekend. Very impressed with Copper City, nice job SWIMBA. Well worth a stop if you're cruising I-90 through Montana.

I thought you only rode gravel these days?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Just stopped through Winthrop for a few days on my way to Leavenworth from Bellingham. Soooooooooo rad. Unexpected.

You guys ever heard of this town called Whistler it's in British Columbia, Canada? Not really on the mtb map/scene yet. Some trails and a bike park. Has potential.

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    You guys ever heard of this town called Whistler it's in British Columbia, Canada? Not really on the mtb map/scene yet. Some trails and a bike park. Has potential.
    Is it on Trailforks?

Quote Originally Posted by panchosdad View Post
    Check the OP's post jong!

Rode Copper City, Helena, and Lewis and Clark Caverns this weekend. Very impressed with Copper City, nice job SWIMBA. Well worth a stop if you're cruising I-90 through Montana.
    Might have to make a Copper City stop on the way through this weekend. Hiked Lewis and Clark Caverns ages ago when I was still a kid on training wheels, need to get back and ride there.

And 7N just keeps growing on me. Maybe the best place I've ever ridden to have a bike demo? The laps are so quick but have such nice, varied terrain that you can get a feel for new bike's strengths and weaknesses really quickly, and then cycle through a bunch of bikes back to back to compare them on exactly the same lap.

Missoula, MT.

Kidding! Butte and Helena areas though, for real.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Copper City bump; solid mention! Happened to stop off by dumb luck this week--perfect location for an intermediate stop about 5 minutes from I-90. Really well done and a nice mix for varying skill levels, which could be cool for stopping by on a road trip. Looking at the terrain I'm curious how long before it rises above "sleeper."

Stable Trails - Saratogo Springs, flat but holy hell some Tech

American Fork Canyon, Utah - long naturally flow descents

Cady Falls Nursery, Hyde Park, Vt - 900 vertical feet 15+ miles of singletrack from natural flow trail to seriously legit gnar up high. The barrier on this one is it impossible to know your way around.

Frick Park, Pittsburgh, pa - probably the best urban singletrack in the country.

Wayne County, Ohio - did a 40 mile MTB race there had 5k of climbing and miles of backcountry singletrack.

Sleeper? Others have mentioned Crowsnest Pass in southern Alberta, I'll add Kimberley to that. Really except for locals and Calgarians no one seems to know that Fernie exists in summer and has 300+ km of trails in an around the town or valley.
    I just finished a trip through the western states and stopped at bike shops along the way and had conversations on trails, one person knew about Fernie (and he was a fly fisherman). Obviously our tourism board needs to do something for more/better exposure because you are missing out if you haven't been here.
    If that's not sleeper I don't know what is.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

I guess I'm not that far away, but I would never think of Fernie as an unknown, more as an obvious destination. But maybe you need more ads? IDK. Riders around here know it, though.

Kimberley seems like a solid up and comer. Scratched the surface there a few weeks back and found at least one really sweet/short loop. They don't mind steeps, that's for sure. I need to go around the mountain next time!

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    I guess I'm not that far away, but I would never think of Fernie as an unknown, more as an obvious destination. But maybe you need more ads? IDK. Riders around here know it, though.

Kimberley seems like a solid up and comer. Scratched the surface there a few weeks back and found at least one really sweet/short loop. They don't mind steeps, that's for sure. I need to go around the mountain next time!
    Could be. It is just a hangover from from my former career where travelling around to "big name" resorts for sales meetings and stuff and no one had heard of Fernie.
    Outside of the region Fernie seems to be unknown (we get lots of people from Whitefish who get sent here from a couple of bike shops down there) I'm biased but it should be a real destination. As should the Crowsnest and Kimberley really.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca