Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    454

    Mounting skis in SF - REI or Sports Basement

    Anybody have skis mounted at the SF REI or either of the Sports Basement? Good? Bad?

    Have a pair of skis I want to get mounted with some Tyrolia Attack demo bindings. Should be straightforward but do know that this all depends on who is working at either spot. Unfortunately can't make it to Cal Ski company in Berkeley and want to have skis mounted as doing a day trip to Tahoe this coming weekend.

    Thanks!
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    83
    Fully earnest suggestion: have you considered mounting them yourself? It's not hard to do with normal bindings, and even easier with demo bindings.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    454
    Quote Originally Posted by DtEW View Post
    Fully earnest suggestion: have you considered mounting them yourself? It's not hard to do with normal bindings, and even easier with demo bindings.
    Unfortunately don't have the tools/work area to do it properly. Apt living in SF makes space tight for such things...
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,221
    Not SF REI. Bad work, dishonest bad shop manager
    Buy used - mount your own skis - build a quiver

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Western MT
    Posts
    1,116
    Quote Originally Posted by TheK12 View Post
    Unfortunately don't have the tools/work area to do it properly. Apt living in SF makes space tight for such things...
    All that is required is a table (or floor), a tape measure, screwdriver, glue/epoxy, and a drill. A good skill to learn for sure and there's not much to it if you are handy at all.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,221
    Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    All that is required is a table (or floor), a tape measure, screwdriver, glue/epoxy, and a drill. A good skill to learn for sure and there's not much to it if you are handy at all.
    + masking tape + pencil. but seriously, don't go to REI
    Buy used - mount your own skis - build a quiver

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    3,753
    And a special bit or little block of wood to be double sure you don't drill through. Marking the bit with tape is OK if you're already pretty good with a drill. Making a block or using a special bit to set the depth is safer.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On Vacation for the Duration
    Posts
    11,294
    Still looking after 6 weeks? Maybe try posting in Gimp Central.
    thnx Capt. Chuck Shunstrom

    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •