Tampa Bay guide In July??

The family and I will be in the Tampa area July 4-8th. I’m looking to book a day trip around the 6,7th or 8th. Maybe the 5th would work. Looking for a fly guide but not opposed to using gear if a last resort. What species are prevalent then? Tarpon migration strong then? Would like to go after tarpon since my last trip ended with no tarpon landed.
    Thanks for any insight.

Check the Mons Venus

PM Warthog, that is his home turf, hes a good dude for a gear chucker!
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    PM Warthog, that is his home turf, hes a good dude for a gear chucker!
    He and I have talked a little. Doesn’t look like our schedules are matching up. Her took me out last time I was down. Many factors were stacked against us. I did a guide on the Atlantic side last time and want to fish the gulf side this time down.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Check the Mons Venus
    Heh, pretty sure the wife would not approve. Probably come home smelling like I went fishing....

Nice, well in that case never mind. He is pretty good at the Mons Venus as well. I had a 3 day hangover after the last time Warthog and I ventured out to explore
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Fucken mons v. Dated a girl whos best friend from HS worked there so any time we partied in ybor we ended up at the MV. We had friends in tampa so we partied in ybor a lot. That whole zone tampa stpete clearwater is full of sin. I love it!
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Nice, well in that case never mind. He is pretty good at the Mons Venus as well. I had a 3 day hangover after the last time Warthog and I ventured out to explore
    Utah is not a proper training ground for KW shenanigans.

2Funky- I will ask around about fly guides. There is a really good one that docks at O'Neil's Marina. I just can't remember his name.

If you can swing a day trip with the family, let me know. We can head out to Egmont Island and check out the Gopher Tortoises. It is a really cool spot that you can only get to by boat. Fly fishing is pretty limited these days with the boat I have now. Looking to get some inflatable SUPs to use in the no motor zones. If I have them by July, we'll hit it up.

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    Utah is not a proper training ground for KW shenanigans.

2Funky- I will ask around about fly guides. There is a really good one that docks at O'Neil's Marina. I just can't remember his name.

If you can swing a day trip with the family, let me know. We can head out to Egmont Island and check out the Gopher Tortoises. It is a really cool spot that you can only get to by boat. Fly fishing is pretty limited these days with the boat I have now. Looking to get some inflatable SUPs to use in the no motor zones. If I have them by July, we'll hit it up.
    Right on man! Let me know. I’ll ask the family again what they want to do. Super gracious of ya! If they want to go it would be either the 5th,6th or 7th. I’m hoping to do the guide on the 5th.

Ybor City - The Columbia for a great authentic Cuban meal then meander with a stogie and a beverage. Now that's good livin'.

Warthog is the man, hope to see you and the Family next winter. I bet the kids are ready to rip the village. I'm your man; I still owe ya!

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post

Sent ya a pm mang.