Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    I don't have kids. And I fucking love my AWD minivan.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    You need to get her into therapy to get over her minivan-phobic tendencies. After owning it for 30 days she'll be extolling the virtues of the minivan to all her friends.

Guaranteed. Would be so much simpler (and cheaper). Our only cool friends have one and never looked back. Thought that would sway her. It did not.

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    I bought a '19 Colorado ZR2. Been very very happy with it so far, though I haven't challenged it on rowdy 4x4-ing yet. Like the power, front attack angle, stock shocks/suspension package, driving comfort. I believe it's in the same class as the Taco and Ridgeline.
    and you didnt ask us ?

we had a lot of fun last time you bought a new PU
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by hafjell View Post
    Guaranteed. Would be so much simpler (and cheaper). Our only cool friends have one and never looked back. Thought that would sway her. It did not.
    That's funny. My wife was the same. We never got the mini van. We had SUV with the third row when kids were younger. And based on our camps mtn dirt road and ski trips I'm glad we never went mini. We would have had issues at some point, but as a daily driver it would have been more convenient I think.

its not about the out doors

its about dropping the kids off at school in an SUV

to prove you are past the mini van stage of life

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post

its about dropping the kids off at school in an SUV
    That is a completely different topic. Why the fuck can't kids take the bus today!? The line of cars dropping off at elementary schools is ridiculous!

and you didnt ask us ?

we had a lot of fun last time you bought a new PU
    hahaha! That is true my friend!! No, this time I had a lot of time on my hands and researched the fuck out of it. Then shopped around for a considerable amount of time.

Regarding the last truck purchase (dodge laramie), great truck if you're only on pavement or dry dirt. Worst truck ever in the mud. Fuck Dodge.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    That is a completely different topic. Why the fuck can't kids take the bus today!? The line of cars dropping off at elementary schools is ridiculous!
    Why can't kids WALK?!?

I'm sorry but Its not about Brie and Chipper being driven to school to avoid being killed by muslim terrorists

its really about their mother having the right vehicle TO drop them at school whilst wearing the perfect leggings & latest lulu lemon yoga wear

and that ever present big coffee mug ... full of mothers little helper

(mick singing )
    what a drag it is getting old
    Last edited by XXX-er; 05-08-2019 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Why can't kids WALK?!?
    in the snow, uphill, BOTH DIRECTIONS!

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    I've wondered that too. When I was a kid there were loads of kids getting off the bus and it seemed not so many parents dropping them off. That being said I hated riding the bus. I finally realized it was almost as quick to walk and definitely quicker on my bike. In the winter we would hooky bob home after basketball practice. (hide out on a dark corner at night then grab a bumper and hang on - icy roads were a prerequisite and we definitely ended up with a few raspberries)

its really about their mother having the right vehicle TO drop them at school whilst wearing the perfect leggings & latest lulu lemon yoga wear
    I've had some folks in Marin admit to this. Nice work if you can get it.

I duno about the rest of you in this thread but I pulled the trigger on a 4 door taco SR5 the cheap one (being a relative term)

buyers remorse at 4am but thats suposed to happen

I've put 10k miles on a 3rd Gen TRD Taco and am happy with it. I think you'll like it.

I like my 3rd gen too. But I don't have kids or pretend it's anything other than a light truck.

I think it would be great up in Smithers.

yeah i drive a lot of different trucks for raft or fish shuttles & ski hut expediting on shitty roads so i'm pretty sure this is the right app for me ... not my 1st rodeo

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    I've wondered that too. When I was a kid there were loads of kids getting off the bus and it seemed not so many parents dropping them off. That being said I hated riding the bus. I finally realized it was almost as quick to walk and definitely quicker on my bike. In the winter we would hooky bob home after basketball practice. (hide out on a dark corner at night then grab a bumper and hang on - icy roads were a prerequisite and we definitely ended up with a few raspberries)
    F yeah! tho we called it shagging if i remember? i thoughtbit was odd that we would not wear any gear riding our shitty schwinns down hills but it was like getting ready for a hockey game when going out after bumpers. but i guess we were only going for the ride, not to get anywhere.

oh back to topic...not signing up for therapy just dont want a mini van.

and the depreciation of tacomas has to be best in class or overall..not even worth buying used. but not the most practical vehicle for many situations

Quote Originally Posted by cycology1 View Post
    .oh back to topic...not signing up for therapy just dont want a mini van.

and the depreciation of tacomas has to be best in class or overall..not even worth buying used. but not the most practical vehicle for many situations
    When talking to soccer moms take note of how many never want to be seen driving another mini van ... maybe its hormone related ?

Yeah the prices for a used Tacoma were high enough to justify buying new and of course new is more fun

I been buying new and keeping my vehicles a long time, the ranger was 9 yrs old only lost about 1000$ a year in depreciation so i will probably have the tacoma for the next 10 yrs

Light truck has always meant any 1/2or 3/4 ton PU ... so Dude, midsized is probably the correct nomenclature.

In the last 9 yars all I ever carried is skis and bikes so midsized is probably a fine app for me, I was using the guide's tacoma to expedit for a ski hut, I could load the bed completely with a weeks gear and carry 5 adult skiers in adequete comfort

which was not an option with my last gen ranger which I would call a small/mini truck, so small nobody wants to buy them anymore