This Is Fucking Cool

Wasn’t sure where to put it...

https://youtu.be/0LLkk56UJ8U
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

That is cool. The excalibur. Always had a fondness for tele's. I prefer Becks and Pages sound on les pauls despite Becks affinity for a strat and page's success with the tele on LZ1. Richards I always like on a tele

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

I’m also a tele fan. Waylon Jennings, Joe Strummer, El Heffe... Recently found out Prince’s was Hamer.

I have a relatively new MIM tele, I love it!
    Stairway to heaven was also recorded on that tele.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Randomly came across this last night.

I still have it (referring to the Dragon Tele), but it’s a tragic story. I went on tour with the ’59 Les Paul that I bought from Joe Walsh, and when I got back, a friend of mine had kindly painted over my paint job. He said, “I’ve got a present for you.” He thought he had done me a real favor. As you can guess, I wasn’t real happy about that. His paint job totally screwed up the sound and the wiring, so only the neck pickup worked. I salvaged the neck and put it on my brown Tele string bender that I used in the Firm. As for the body… it will never be seen again! (laughs)
    Bummer.

Speaking of psychedelic guitars I always loves Clapton’s Cream era SG. I think it’s called “The fool”?

And Haggard, David Gilmour, and assorted third wave ska punk bands of middling quality (Big D, AAA, etc)
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Here’s the dumbest person on tgr
    "What are you trying to say? I'm crazy? When I went to your ski schools, I went on your church trips, I went to your alpine race-training facilities? So how can you say I'm crazy?!"

When I think Gilmore I think strat.

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    strat
    My Google image search brings up about a 50/50 split. But I won't argue with you, it's difficult to see him without that black strat in his hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Here’s the dumbest person on tgr
    "What are you trying to say? I'm crazy? When I went to your ski schools, I went on your church trips, I went to your alpine race-training facilities? So how can you say I'm crazy?!"

My friend bought a strat plus (that I have now owned for 20 years) because of him. But yea I’m pretty sure he used a tele in the early years and also while recording the wall.

Tom Petty also comes to mind but let’s be real-> Rickenbacker.