Thread: MSP 107

MSP 107

Any mags get some days on these? Looking for a ski in this width that can be skied from the center, center-front , can be used in a variety of conditions, slarved when needed (or for fun), and not unmanageable on packed. Not a lot of reviews out there, but what’s there seems favorable.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeRidges View Post
    Any mags get some days on these?
    No, but shoot me a PM and I will put you in touch with the guy who did most of the design/development work.

How about the Black Crows Atris or Armada ARV 106?

I haven't skied the MSP 107, but the Mindbender 108ti was surprisingly legit on firm groomers with a tail that released with zero effort. Probably the most versatile ski I've ever skied.

They say "Y Frame." Titanal underfoot, and along the edges in front of the toe. One strip of titanal in the spine of the tail. Torsionally stiff where needed, entering a turn, but forgiving in the tail, when exiting a turn, should you choose to scrub.

I didn't know the construction when I demoed and was genuinely surprised at how well the tail released on that ski as it held so well on spring/icy groomers. It merged my 84mm carver and my 105 all mountain ski into a smaller quiver. I'll probably be mounting it with P18/CAST for my Hakuba carving, all-mountain, and side-country ski.

The MSP 107 was also on my radar, and maybe it still is, but nobody is talking about it. Nobody is talking about anything 4FRNT.

Kinda sad, actually.

Thanks all, much to think about. Should have mentioned that I don’t ride switch, so generally like a directional will release, but still has some shutdown potential when needed

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Wanted to get some 107's because I liked my MSP99s so much. They were sold out, so ended up with some Billy Goats instead and I'm happy.

Would still like to demo some 107's next season. The 99's are great inbounds hardpack skis for me, and touring on them has been pretty good too.

Bumping after doing a search and not seeing much.

Just got the 107's and will be getting on them soon. Will post my thoughts. Anyone get some days on em this season?

Love this years topsheet... Stock pics don't do them justice.

Haven't tried the 107s but have the MSP 99s and love them, super versatile resort ski that does well on groomers, bumps, sidecut, and a few inches of fresh snow. I like them so much I'm now considering another pair of 4FRNTs, maybe the Hojis.

I have had a couple days on the 107 so far in all sorts of conditions, and really dig it. Agree with above, really versatile ski. The 107 still feels really good and stable on the groomers and has way better float then I expected (15 inches if fresh) although I am a lighter skier. Pretty forgiving for a ski of this width, doesn't feel like it needs to be driven hard all the time and is definitely not burly, but does everything pretty well. Great for a western skier's one ski quiver.