Keystone Uphill Access or Tour Nearby

I am going to be at a conference this upcoming week at Keystone. Was thinking I would bring my skis and try and get in an early morning tour before the sessions start. Does anyone know if Keystone is open for uphill access now that the resort is closed? If you are not permitted to access Keystone is there a decent place to get a quick (2 hours or so) tour in that is close by? Thanks.
    "This is so American, man: either make something your God and cosmos and then worship it, or else kill it."
    David Foster Wallace

You can skin up Keystone, or Arapahoe Basin. Keystone will definitely have more solitude, as the resort is closed, also more vert if you go all the way up. However Abasin will have better views/skiing in general, plus breakfast in the Aframe.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    You can skin up Keystone, or Arapahoe Basin. Keystone will definitely have more solitude, as the resort is closed, also more vert if you go all the way up. However Abasin will have better views/skiing in general, plus breakfast in the Aframe.
    And one kickass espresso in Il Rifugio.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    And one kickass espresso in Il Rifugio.
    And a bathroom 1/2 way down at BML once that espresso kicks in.

the Basin has a restaurant at the top now?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    the Basin has a restaurant at the top now?
    Not a restaurant, a refugio.

Oh. except that actual refugios exist to take refuge at night in from the mountains. And this one is locked up outside of operating hours.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Not a restaurant, a refugio.

Oh. except that actual refugios exist to take refuge at night in from the mountains. And this one is locked up outside of operating hours.
    Unlike it used to be, open to the public at night. People used to skin up with some wine and cheese and ski down. Now they found a way to monetize that. But hey, whatever gets them off the epic pass.