Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 203
  1. #126
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    on the banks of Fish Creek
    Posts
    1,378
    dogbutt jesus blesses your actions.... carry on.


    Name:  649EB229-335B-4F42-9939-82C1FA97CD5D.jpeg
Views: 263
Size:  52.0 KB

  2. #127
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Shadynasty's Jazz Club
    Posts
    8,260
    What about this situation. There are two lanes, and the left lane is about to end. Traffic is backed up, so as more people pile up in the left lane to merge, the more it fucks everybody. How many people will pull into the left lane, big-rig style, to block traffic from passing?

    My answer is, it depends. Mostly on my mood, but also my assessment of the person behind me and whether they look like they're game to play along.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

  3. #128
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Warm parts of the St. Vrain
    Posts
    1,555
    ^not an asshole move but you canít assume theyíd have not asked you to go ahead once they got to the front and didnít decide. And who the hell knows what people are thinking. Lady who gave you the look may have been thinking ďif it werenít for my slow ass, head up their ass family, we wouldnt have had to wait behind salad boy.Ē


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

  4. #129
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    28,757
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Guy cut a very long KT singles line. About 6 people told him to get to the end, which he ignored. I told him and he obeyed. Woman asked me how I did that. I used my OR voice. In real life that rarely works, just pisses people off, but the guy must have been an OR nurse or something, so he complied by reflex. I do my best not to act like a surgeon in the real world, but old habits die hard.
    i don’t need no education to throw down with the orygun voice to get shit done. plenty of jobs require the asshole voice from the boss to get er done.
    .

  5. #130
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Wet and Mild
    Posts
    4,690
    Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    i don’t need no education to throw down with the orygun voice to get shit done. plenty of jobs require the asshole voice from the boss to get er done.
    Authoritative asshole voice just inspires more lethargy and pushback from those of us who aren't simpering pussies.

    Getting all fired up and aggro? Sure thing, I'll get right on that for ya.
    Set my compass North, I got Winter in my blood.

  6. #131
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    4,423
    Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    dogbutt jesus blesses your actions.... carry on.


    Name:  649EB229-335B-4F42-9939-82C1FA97CD5D.jpeg
Views: 263
Size:  52.0 KB
    lol wow

  7. #132
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    28,757
    Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Authoritative asshole voice just inspires more lethargy and pushback from those of us who aren't simpering pussies.

    Getting all fired up and aggro? Sure thing, I'll get right on that for ya.
    you’d be fun to coach
    .

  8. #133
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,335
    People who dart in front of you: Back in my school daze a friend and I had dropped a coupla blotters and decided to walk the few miles into downtown Richmond. I walk into the 7-11 for a pack of smokes, gal dashes in front of me. Beginning to peak, I just deal. Well her transaction completely fucks the register, line forming behind now, me bugging out a bit.
    Manager can't fix it, people start bitching...finally I give him $2 and say hand me those Marbs, man. He does and I'm outta there.

    I try to be polite now but if they even appear like a clusterfuck, I make the move. Cannot be on others schedule, too much urgency in my life. Hence all the weed...

  9. #134
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Posts
    5,133
    Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    People in front of you, except in war
    FIFY

  10. #135
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    What about this situation. There are two lanes, and the left lane is about to end. Traffic is backed up, so as more people pile up in the left lane to merge, the more it fucks everybody. How many people will pull into the left lane, big-rig style, to block traffic from passing?

    My answer is, it depends. Mostly on my mood, but also my assessment of the person behind me and whether they look like they're game to play along.


    I don't know man. Depends on the situation, but in my opinion while it is an asshole move as far as time people have waited- left lane is the way to go. A proper merge shouldn't be that hard and if everyone filled in the gaps in both lanes, a merge would happen fairly and efficiently. a backup down one lane makes no sense at the back and probably blocks up other side roads and intersections. Fill both lanes and everyone move the fuck up.

    https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/13/u...r-traffic.html

  11. #136
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    3,937
    Quote Originally Posted by SLCMunchie View Post
    I don't know man. Depends on the situation, but in my opinion while it is an asshole move as far as time people have waited- left lane is the way to go. A proper merge shouldn't be that hard and if everyone filled in the gaps in both lanes, a merge would happen fairly and efficiently. a backup down one lane makes no sense at the back and probably blocks up other side roads and intersections. Fill both lanes and everyone move the fuck up.

    https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/13/u...r-traffic.html
    The late merge (zipper merge) is *definitely* the way to go.

    The main problem with implementing it is human drivers.


  12. #137
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Posts
    5,133
    pre-merging is part of a larger family of awful driving habits:
    - pre-braking "just in case there's an obstacle"
    - pre-signalling "to let them know in advance"
    - refusal to let pass "because now I see how slow I've been going"
    - suspicious gap-closure "because this is MY lane"
    - pacing the next lane "we are a team, we shall dictate the speed of this road"

  13. #138
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    4,423
    Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    pre-merging is part of a larger family of awful driving habits:
    - pre-braking "just in case there's an obstacle"
    - pre-signalling "to let them know in advance"
    - refusal to let pass "because now I see how slow I've been going"
    - suspicious gap-closure "because this is MY lane"
    - pacing the next lane "we are a team, we shall dictate the speed of this road"
    pretty sure these are all taught in UT driving schools

    edit: I will say though, the opposite holds true for merging OUT: get the fuck out as soon as your turn lane appears, or don't be pissed when other people are already there when your dumb ass remembers that you need to turn

  14. #139
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    3,937
    Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    <snip>
    edit: I will say though, the opposite holds true for merging OUT: get the fuck out as soon as your turn lane appears, or don't be pissed when other people are already there when your dumb ass remembers that you need to turn
    And don't inconvenience everybody in the lane you're already in by slowing way down to try to get into the turn lane. Suck it up, go forward, and figure it out on your own time.


  15. #140
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    4,423
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    And don't inconvenience everybody in the lane you're already in by slowing way down to try to get into the turn lane. Suck it up, go forward, and figure it out on your own time.

    qft

  16. #141
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Golden
    Posts
    3,373
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    So, first of all, apparently some of you guys would not survive the experience at my 'local' gas station (uptown in Manhattan--I never go there unless I'm on 'E') where at any busy time of day you have about a half-dozen cabs parked randomly around the pumps, all pumps full, and lines going both ways with cabs in between who often weren't even getting gas trying to move back out onto the street. No real lines, no order, pretty much chaos so no one ever worries about some real/imagined etiquette to all of it.

    But I do occasionally stop at these larger gas stations with longer rows of pumps, where people will be lined up waiting, but two or three pumps down from the end there will be an unoccupied pump and the first person in line is either unaware or too fixated on the pump right in front of them to move forward to the empty pump. I typically just drive past the line and pull up to the empty pump--I have no idea why the first person in line doesn't do that, but I'm not going to leave a pump empty just because other people are too sleepy to figure it out. I am aware some people might consider it a dick move, but to me it just seems like a waste of everyone's time not to be more efficient.
    How are people to learn unless someone learns them?
    Be always sure you're right ó THEN GO AHEAD!

    Itís not a date, itís a sport.TM STOP Boulderizing Golden!

  17. #142
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    10,837
    Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    What about this situation. There are two lanes, and the left lane is about to end. Traffic is backed up, so as more people pile up in the left lane to merge, the more it fucks everybody. How many people will pull into the left lane, big-rig style, to block traffic from passing?

    My answer is, it depends. Mostly on my mood, but also my assessment of the person behind me and whether they look like they're game to play along.
    Busy road, two lanes with one ending--everyone is fucked no matter what people do (but I'm on the side of those who merge at the end of the left lane, not before.
    Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    i don’t need no education to throw down with the orygun voice to get shit done. plenty of jobs require the asshole voice from the boss to get er done.

  18. #143
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Retardbumville
    Posts
    587
    Jesus! I am a asshole. I am just checking in.

  19. #144
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    636
    Asshole.

  20. #145
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    28,757
    the full blown ones are the most entertaining imo
    .

  21. #146
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Posts
    5,133
    Quote Originally Posted by senior researcher View Post
    Jesus! I am an asshole. I am just checking in.
    FIFY

  22. #147
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    636
    Quote Originally Posted by wickstad View Post
    Asshole.
    With a clean rig though.

  23. #148
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5,394
    Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    pre-merging is part of a larger family of awful driving habits:

    - suspicious gap-closure "because this is MY lane"
    Pre-merging drives me nuts. But the gap-closure move is something I do, it's only done to drivers who are being selfish assholes, part of the "larger family of awful driving habits" as you say. 99% of drivers don't deserve or get this treatment. People doing this aren't saying "this is MY lane", they are saying "screw this asshole". Ha.

  24. #149
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    10,837
    Guy in the next lane signals to get over I let him get over. Long line of traffic heading for a ramp and some guy comes racing up on the left with the idea of cutting into the line I might close the gap. It's still a jerk thing to do. Maybe he's an asshole trying to jump ahead in line; maybe he's someone who doesn't know the area and didn't realize they had to get over sooner--we've all been there. Anyway, someone else will let them in so my feeble attempts at enforcing courtesy go for naught.

  25. #150
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    4,423
    Speaking of annoying merge behavior, sitting there not merging because you don't have a 2-semi-trucks-long length of space, while the car behind you waves you in... ugh just go you moron

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •