Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Between a rock and a soft place. Aberdare and The Brecon Beacons, Wales
    Quote Originally Posted by NWFlow View Post
    Guess if you need to get rad on lifts it might disappoint, but I don't really think anyone goes there with those expectations?
    Far too many in my experience.

Primarily Brits, Scandis, and Yanks.

Between a rock and a soft place. Aberdare and The Brecon Beacons, Wales
    Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    Definitely learned out lesson on take skins. I won’t take alpine bindings next time I go, well depending on how you define CAST 2.0 Pivots. Skins are the key to finding rowdy skiing in Hokkaido. Another lesson learned.

My apprehension, and disappointment with the trip initially, was the lack of rowdy lift access terrain. I waited and edited the trip report a few times (not greatly but you get it) because I realized my expectations were wrong, and Hokkaido is rad. I did go with the expectations of getting rowdy in deep pow, but that’s not Hokkaido and that’s 100% alright.

Hokkaido is all about touring. It’s awesome, and touring is the way to get after it. I believe I mentioned that Kiroro’s best terrain is not lift access, and you need to tour to it. If I go back, I won’t buy a lift ticket, but instead tour out of the parking lot.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Saw your posts on Instagram at the time too.

This season you were able to ski from the parking lot because there's been a change in management. They didn't prioritise the Mountain Club, so it was a free for all.

The terrain surrounding Kiroro Resort is excellent but if you're just going to tour and not take lifts then there is much better out there.

Terrain above Jozankei Dam; Shakotan Peninsula; Tokachidake; Mt Yotei; Shiribetsudake; Lake Shikotsu; and Noboribetsu area to name but a few.

For many reasons this is my favorite hokkaido TR of the year

TR: Hokkaido Late Jan 2019

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    For many reasons this is my favorite hokkaido TR of the year
    Thanks dude. What did you like about it?

What does the collective think about this in more of a few times a week blog type format? And maybe daily for big trips? Like a what dumb shit did we do to cheat death/we are morons and did X type of thing?

I am not a professional photographer but I was amazed at the difference in quality of pics between Owens camera, and my iPhone. I’m going to invest in a really nice camera body and a GoPro this summer instead of a pair of custom Praxis. I don’t have any intention of selling myself or what I might come up with, but it would be nice to have higher quality pics and videos to post. Do you guys think that would help or should I stick to the shitty writing and worse editing?

Looking like “Revelstoke, #ikonruinedJacksonletsinvadeRevi” next winter for me, but still have a maybe for “Japan 2.0, return to Hokkaido with a stop in Hakuba,” or “A Bunch of Idiots go get scared in La Grave.”