Mountain Bike Oregon

just got an email for this year's event

if you have never been, it's a hoot with rides over a couple days all centered around Oakridge, OR
    only one session this year, so sign up while you can
    http://mtboregon.com/details/

(i have no affiliation other than having ridden it before...)

Hmmm, hopefully I’ll be cleared to ride by then (5 months post op on my shoulder) ...

Anyone who makes it up for this, please buy a brew for any local GOATS trail worker (Greater Oakridge Area Trail Stewards) - the massive end of Feb snowstorm and huge record-like April rains really did a number on the entire trail system. It’s been a really tough and wet winter down here that just about wrecked every forested trail in the area. The GOATS/DOD crew has been working insanely hard literally every single weekend and as many weekdays as possible to get the main trails cleared of blowdown. When you drive into Oakridge, just keep an eye on the highway guardrails, try to count the number of dents in it in any 100-yard stretch (from massive trees falling across the highway) and think about how the devastation was like 5x gnarlier 3000 feet uphill.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell