Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Stiffing yankees is the business model. They offer insurance with the unspoken hint of "it'd be a shame if something happened to that car of yours between drop off and inspection."

"Oh if a wheel is scratched you gotta buy a new set for $10,000"

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post

Audi's business model is Lambos?
    Actually yes, it exactly is.

Audi owns Lambo.
    I still call it The Jake.

Didn't read through the thread.... but Sixt has a reputation for going after customers for vehicle damage. Enough so that I will not rent from them.

So we are supposed to believe....
    Yet they are supposed to believe that it wasn't you who curbed the wheel... it gets complicated doesn't it?

cars are never sitting in a lot just waiting to be rented?
    You can't blame them for trying... they did with my dinged rental.. it was actually un-rentable as I'd torn the door mirror off of it. But Amex refused to cough up the lost income claim without evidence.

They're entitled to charge you for time and expense of getting vehicle to a dealer for repairs though.

Maybe next time just get a car that parallel parks itself?

... Also I just got hit for an Italian parking fine on a French van rental for a van that was registered in Poland... from February 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    ... Also I just got hit for an Italian parking fine on a French van rental for a van that was registered in Poland... from February 2018
    Did they ask you to pay in bitcoin?

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    Did they ask you to pay in bitcoin?
    If they did, don't do it. That shit's gonna be worth a cool million by 2020!!

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    If they did, don't do it. That shit's gonna be worth a cool million by 2020!!

I put all of my bitcoin in Tesla stock.

When they perfect their self driving shit rubes like Dex won't have to take out insurance on rental cars ever again.

Just tell the guy at rental office that C3PO dinged the wheel rim.

Yet they are supposed to believe that it wasn't you who curbed the wheel... it gets complicated doesn't it?
    Good point. As long as you accept that something that clearly can't be the case is as believable as something that is entirely plausible (and is in fact likely to be true).

Unless they can explain how they have a car in service 24/7 and a scratch I didn't notice (probably for the entire time I had the car) makes it unrentable (clearly that's not the case) then I just can't see it--in addition to what I posted before about how easy it should be to get this thing taken care of.

You can't blame them for trying...
    Not sure about that, but regardless I am obviously not going to just roll over for them.

they did with my dinged rental.. it was actually un-rentable as I'd torn the door mirror off of it. But Amex refused to cough up the lost income claim without evidence.

They're entitled to charge you for time and expense of getting vehicle to a dealer for repairs though.
    Yeah, I'm not sure they're even trying to charge for that in this case--all they gave me was this number for what it will supposedly cost them. If 'time and expense' to get it wherever it's going to swap out the rim is part of the deal they didn't specify--assuming they even have to take it somewhere.

For all I know this one does it--but the closest I came to parallel parking was when I double parked the thing in Paris--which is why (repeating myself) I have trouble believing I'm the one who did the damage.

Blame it on the Dutch?
    [quote][//quote]

People like Benny and Dexter, asking for advise:

Take advise, throw it away, post on the internet for a new bitch thread.

Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    People like Benny and Dexter, asking for advise:

Take advise, throw it away, post on the internet for a new bitch thread.

Pathetic.
    To be fair, some of the advise is confusing.
    But Dex and Bunny do get themselves into interesting situations.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Could they get their own "What would a grown up do?" sub forum.

Good point. As long as you accept that something that clearly can't be the case is as believable as something that is entirely plausible (and is in fact likely to be true).
    You might be expecting a bit too much philosophy from your automobile rental experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post

It would be the perfect antidote to a day like I'm having. Somewhere to visit whenever I need to feel morally and intellectually superior.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

But then I wouldn't be able to get all this useful advice.

You might be expecting a bit too much philosophy from your automobile rental experience.
    I don't think it was nearly as deep as you and TR seem to think it was.
    [quote][//quote]

Give me the $800 and delete this gay thread.

Give me the $800 and delete this gay thread.
    Send the $800 my way and you have a deal. Not convinced about how gay it is, though.
    [quote][//quote]

Give me the $800 and delete all your gay threads.
    FIFY

Can we get Thread Insurance ?
    To protect the PR from any further damage.

contesting rental car damage

You can't blame them for trying... they did with my dinged rental.. it was actually un-rentable as I'd torn the door mirror off of it. But Amex refused to cough up the lost income claim without evidence.

For a lost income claim they do have to provide evidence that they lost revenue as a result of not renting the car. Trouble is many states allow for loss of use damages. Good intentioned laws that were designed to prevent poor people from not having any damages when their car was damaged, who didn’t rent another one but were deprived of their use, that car rental companies have latched onto. Loss of use is based on the fair rental value of replacement capacity.

Dex, if this were in America, my advice would be to send a letter demanding proof of the signed contract, evidence of sign off on condition of the car, and the check in paperwork identifying the damage, and that you are disputing the claim. Also tell them that the amount demanded is overstated and send them whatever cheap replacement wheel you can find online. Say that when the documents are provided the most you will pay is your estimate. You should let your CC insurance know about this incident now and that you are disputing it. I don’t know shit about French law or damages. But I bet it is really expensive for them to pursue you.

Don’t ever take the rental insurance unless you want to get ripped off or you plan on fucking that car up. Their profit margin on it is 95+%.
    Last edited by neufox47; 04-28-2019 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Satch View Post
    I laughed. Now, show me the money.

I laughed. Now, show me the money.
    Sure.
    Have a look

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Satch View Post
    Finally, a chance to monetize my fucking around on TGR. Thread insurance. Genius!

Fine print: only valid if claim filed within 24 hours. Not valid on Thursdays. Not valid for threads started by digideath, or any thread with more than 10 posts by any of the following users: Bobby stainless, tbssux, buttflake, deepsouthmafia, and any user retroactively deemed to be too annoying to insure.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

If there can be crypto kitties there can be tread INNsurance.

A couple of days ago Sixt sent me a document with 12 areas of damage on the car, I just about shit because i did no such damage. Anyway just got the final invoice and after about a half hour of google translate it appears they charged me for none of it. Rented a Mercedes E200 for about $75cad/day for a couple of weeks. Although perhaps not a screaming deal, it was a pretty nice car for ripping around yurp on their crazy big fast roads and gnarly little curvy skinny ones. Not entirely displeased I would say.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Wait, German car and company, paid in Canadian dollars, and legalese translated from some not yet disclosed language by google?

Vibes man, I look forward to your thread.
    I still call it The Jake.