Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I'm finally a victim

Of ski theft. Hate paying my idiot tax but that's what I get for leaving them in the back of my truck since closing day. They left my poles, but those I got from lost and found anyway, which is where their replacements will come from.

I have a top over my truck bed, but left it unlocked since closing day and noticed yesterday the skis were gone. My truck was at the airport for five days, but can't imagine they were swiped there. Otherwise likely from my driveway in Jackson. Atomic Vantage 100s with satanic-looking sticker on one tip.

If it wasn't for dickheads like me, there wouldn't be any thievery in the world, would there? - Gunny

Life coach would been helpful here.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Life coach would been helpful here.
    she was also a thief

Did you check the stalls on the third floor?

Thieves suck, but leaving your skis in the back of your truck for over 2 weeks, come on now that's pretty dumb. I almost say disrespectful to the skis themselves. Hopefully who ever stole them will treat them better than you did or at least score some worthy drugs.

"gotta keep the honest people honest" as my father in law always says.

in all serious, sorry for your loss from someone who is always losing shit.

bummer dude
    I am so paranoid about Ski theft..i don't leave mine unattended for 5 min

I do have some junky pairs that I don't mind leaving on the rack.. the old beat up b3s probably wont disappear

ps> take the ladder out the truck too if you sport one ..scumbag thieves love to scrap aluminum
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Bummer, I had a brand new set of Kastle stolen early on in my ski career so I always take the skis inside even when I used a box for 2 reasons

theft and if the skis edges are not seperated and dried the edges will rust and pit where they touch

at a big hill I would always seperate my skis but up here on the small hill with the club like atmosphere

if someone steals skis there is nowhere to sell or ski them so skis never seem to walk away
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I bet coach was planning this heist from the beginning

Some have commented in this and other threads like this that it isn't worth locking up older rock skis... or just put them on the rack next to a brand new pair of Kastles and the thief will pass on by. Well, that might leave you unpleasantly surprised. Some of these ski thefts are of the "grab a bunch and run" variety where, they may or may not know what the most expensive ones are. They grab as many as they can carry and run to a waiting vehicle to speed away with like 5 pairs or so,

Ya, I might not care that much about some 10 year old model with 50 plus days on them... but I would care about losing the bindings. So, I lock them up pretty much everywhere. I do often leave a pair in the ski box but that box is always locked.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

I'm finally a victim

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Ya, I might not care that much about some 10 year old model with 50 plus days on them....
    You should get out and ski more.

I love all the strategies on ski rack placement, when op left his in his truck.

If they were dumb enough to go into your truck and steal your skis, maybe they’ll be dumb enough to put them on eBay or craigslist.

ETA- you should throw up some more details on the skis. Length, bindings, in case they do pop up for sale....

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    You should get out and ski more.
    Can't judge by one pair of ten year old skis with 50 days. I ski at least four different pairs each season so the days don't add up that fast for each pair. Heck, my widest skis only have one day on them in the past 5 years.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

How is the vantage 100? Got a text from a friend last night saying I'm really thinking about buying some Atomic Vantage 100s. Haven't ever really thought about that ski and now today I read this thread.

Shitty. I'm lucky nothing has been stolen outta my truck. Have a broken side topper window and end glass doesn't lock. Finally took my board out but always have a bunch of shit back there.

^^^I really like my pair. I used them a bunch this season, as we finally had soft snow for pretty much every trip I made. All the reviews I read prior to buying them were pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Sorry to read. I try to brace myself for theft and position it in my head as a silver lining opportunity to replace them with something else, funds provided. Karma will catch up with them if it already hasn't. If they're stealing skis chances are their life sucks anyway.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by OregonDead View Post
    How is the vantage 100? Got a text from a friend last night saying I'm really thinking about buying some Atomic Vantage 100s. Haven't ever really thought about that ski and now today I read this thread.
    My stoke was beyond compare on those sticks!
    I demo'd close to dozen pair at the jh sports casper tent. Was hard to choose, although some were easily eliminated. Not sure I'll replace with the same make n model, since at the time I didn't have funds for top shelf skis and the Vantage were within my budget.

I'll kick myself all summer for not securing them in my garage. I'll also be extra vigilant with my bikes and other summer toys. Plenty of times I left my mtn bike on front lawn overnight, forgetting to lock up after a ride. Fucking thieves everywhere, especially with dumbfucks leaving their shit unsecured.

Hey, c'mon, new skis!

Karma will surely catch the thieves

thieves have no honor, no true friends , no morals

*before video surveillance ,we used to chop off their hand(in some countries) Now that's a deterrent !
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Vibes. I'll pass on the info to my friend. He's looking for something narrower to go along with his Hokkiados.
    Had to cringe when I was riding the chair the other day and a lady said she loved how people can leave their bags around on the hill and nothing ever happens. Well nothing ever happens until it does.
    I have been a lot more careful ever since I had my bag stolen from Timberline and I had to go home with no shoes. Staff found my bag ditched on hill about a week later and my wife's shoes were still in it but my shoes were gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    My stoke was beyond compare on those sticks!
    I demo'd close to dozen pair at the jh sports casper tent. Was hard to choose, although some were easily eliminated. Not sure I'll replace with the same make n model, since at the time I didn't have funds for top shelf skis and the Vantage were within my budget.

I'll kick myself all summer for not securing them in my garage. I'll also be extra vigilant with my bikes and other summer toys. Plenty of times I left my mtn bike on front lawn overnight, forgetting to lock up after a ride. Fucking thieves everywhere, especially with dumbfucks leaving their shit unsecured.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    SJG bringing the funny’s to an otherwise disturbing thread. fucked up that a pair of mediocre skis would get stolen outta local’s truck in JH.
    luckily I am not one>but I knew 1-2 heroin addicts ,a long time ago in Cali> each ski was just another 5 min buzz to them.. probably pawned em for 40 bucks

those cunts steal from their own Mothers

I put four beers in the snowbank Saturday afternoon, drank wine instead. Was home before I realized I’d left them there. Drove by Sunday morning and saw the holes where they were.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	940017C3-7690-48C1-9621-970A4EA1E2C7.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	798.4 KB 
ID:	279831

Walked down to take a pic of my missing beer and discovered spring melt has begun.

Name:	358060A2-D2E7-4292-9542-31022AAC3241.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	279832

I was not a victim.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    I put four beers in the snowbank Saturday afternoon, drank wine instead. Was home before I realized I’d left them there. Drove by Sunday morning and saw the holes where they were.

Name:	940017C3-7690-48C1-9621-970A4EA1E2C7.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	798.4 KB 
ID:	279831

Walked down to take a pic of my missing beer and discovered spring melt has begun.

Name:	358060A2-D2E7-4292-9542-31022AAC3241.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	279832

I was not a victim.
    Some asshole did actually steal a couple of mine left in the snow. They must have peeped me when I planted them. I even got my shovel out and still couldn't find them. Those motherfuckers.

Why do you say they weren't snagged at the airport. I'd give good odds they were. Probably some assholes driving around the lot looking for roof boxes to rob. More likely than stolen from your driveway.

I'm finally a victim

bummer about the skis.
    I basically left keys sitting in the center console of my car for the first 15 yrs I lived in jh.
    but the past few yrs with the popularity of town growing I’ve taken them with me but still never locked the car.
    now I guess I’ve gotta lock the car too. drat

and usually i’d agree it wasn’t the airport but maybe with all the various construction workers hanging out there it was a possibility
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    Why do you say they weren't snagged at the airport. I'd give good odds they were. Probably some assholes driving around the lot looking for roof boxes to rob. More likely than stolen from your driveway.
    I've never heard of a roof box getting stolen or broken into.