Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I'm finally a victim

bummer about the skis.
    I basically left keys sitting in the center console of my car for the first 15 yrs I lived in jh.
    but the past few yrs with the popularity of town growing I’ve taken them with me but still never locked the car.
    now I guess I’ve gotta lock the car too. drat

and usually i’d agree it wasn’t the airport but maybe with all the various construction workers hanging out there it was a possibility
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    Why do you say they weren't snagged at the airport. I'd give good odds they were. Probably some assholes driving around the lot looking for roof boxes to rob. More likely than stolen from your driveway.
    I've never heard of a roof box getting stolen or broken into.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    IIR I'veseenblackdiamonds had two roof boxes stolen in Brooklyn.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Contrary to what we see in the entertainment media, 99.9% of criminals are not "masterminds." Stuff that gets stolen is not the result of a complicated plan it is almost always a crime of opportunity. If you keep presenting opportunities eventually the odds catch up with you.
    Gravity Junkie

How can you be in two places at once when you're not anywhere at all?

"Opportunity makes a thief." - Sir Francis Bacon.

JH is not as podunkey safe as it used to be, but it sure ain't no den of thieves.

I'd think the airport was as likely a place as anywhere. And I'd bet on the airport Moldovan mobsters before the Latino working types.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    IIR I'veseenblackdiamonds had two roof boxes stolen in Brooklyn.
    I think it was just one, and, well, Brooklyn. Doesn't count.

Love to see the brothers prying open that thing and saying, what are we gonna do with this shit?

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Not ski>but I seen a whole 5 ,000 lb construction job box, disappear from the loading dock..while the crew was inside doin their thing, oblivious.

The dock was always busy ,surely they did the theft in plain sight.

I better stay away from threads like this for my own sanity ;the theft stuff drives me up a wall
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    "Opportunity makes a thief." - Sir Francis Bacon.

JH is not as podunkey safe as it used to be, but it sure ain't no den of thieves.

I'd think the airport was as likely a place as anywhere. And I'd bet on the airport Moldovan mobsters before the Latino working types.
    fyi>the workers don't steal themselves> they tip off the migrants who have no work yet , to easy thefts

funny how few can put 2+2 together and come up w four.
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Quote Originally Posted by OregonDead View Post
    How is the vantage 100? Got a text from a friend last night saying I'm really thinking about buying some Atomic Vantage 100s. Haven't ever really thought about that ski and now today I read this thread.
    i skied on it in 184. I took a couple of runs on them then sold them. A little too twitchy and not stable at speed. But i weight 220 and dont have that much finesse.

Sorry to hear! Its no fun getting robbed

You've probably thought of it but auto /property insurance may be able to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by baron View Post
    fyi>the workers don't steal themselves> they tip off the migrants who have no work yet , to easy thefts

funny how few can put 2+2 together and come up w four.

Thanks for the info.

My decades of actually working in and around these folks, here, never added up.

Our Latino population here in JH has a solid history of not rocking the boat. They mess with each other a bit but theft, per se, isn't much of a thing.

If you could see how much money in bikes, gear, boats, etc. get left out in plain sight, you'd prolly be amazed. So usually, here, getting your shit stolen is on you. Certainly not always, but typically.

And workers/migrants in this town are easily employed. They make more working than stealing shize.

TBH, most stupid theft in this town, over the years has been by low class out of towners seeing an easy grab. This is verified by watching the county jail blotter online. Many people here check it daily to see who got a dui last night... Some hilarious, pathetic fucks in there sometimes. Other times it's a friend.

Shaaaarp - What's up my friend? How's NoVa?

My friends - most of whom have lived here 10+ years - tell me I must have been overserverd or high and left them somewhere. That tells you not only how well they know me, but also how well they know this town. This shit just doesn't happen here. Just moved into nice neighborhood in e. jackson and everyone has gear in and on their vehicles, so have a hard time believing it happened in driveway. Airport? Plausible but again, doesn't happen here.
    كافر
    (Infidel)

i got a bike stolen in Jackson, it happens.

yeah they will more likely just steal the whole fucking car, so they took my golf drove it 400 kms around edmonton and removed the box which made the car too easy to spot

but that box had been up there for 10 years, IME if they can't see whats in the box they aren't gona steal it
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    My friends - most of whom have lived here 10+ years - tell me I must have been overserverd or high and left them somewhere. That tells you not only how well they know me, but also how well they know this town. This shit just doesn't happen here. Just moved into nice neighborhood in e. jackson and everyone has gear in and on their vehicles, so have a hard time believing it happened in driveway. Airport? Plausible but again, doesn't happen here.
    You live with a lot of well off people who are probably mostly honest. But you also live in a tourist town, with lots of people passing through, most of whom are honest too.

I’ll bet the folks in Snowmass didn’t think much about crime - until Ted Bundy decided to visit.

Hey man....sorry for not replying sooner! My time on here is a little sparing given the withdrawal I go thru seeing pics of people still shredding!

DC/Nova is good. Doing my best to enjoy the change to mtn bike weather and biding my time til the next trip out west! Hope all is well out in Wyoming

Thanks for the info.

My decades of actually working in and around these folks, here, never added up.

Our Latino population here in JH has a solid history of not rocking the boat. They mess with each other a bit but theft, per se, isn't much of a thing.

If you could see how much money in bikes, gear, boats, etc. get left out in plain sight, you'd prolly be amazed. So usually, here, getting your shit stolen is on you. Certainly not always, but typically.

And workers/migrants in this town are easily employed. They make more working than stealing shize.

TBH, most stupid theft in this town, over the years has been by low class out of towners seeing an easy grab. This is verified by watching the county jail blotter online. Many people here check it daily to see who got a dui last night... Some hilarious, pathetic fucks in there sometimes. Other times it's a friend.

One of my friends stumbled home one night, went to sleep on “our friends” couch and woke up to a few Latinos staring down on him. He jumped up and says,”what are you doing in X’s apartment?” To which one guy replied in broken English, “no X apartment, our apartment”. He bought them a twelve pack later that day and they were cool about it. Good thing he stumbled into their house and not a locals, or he may have been shot.

You read about that ^ happening a few times every winter in the police blotter

read about one within the past couple weeks where that happened but the drunk person forgot their dog there when they left lol
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    You read about that ^ happening a few times every winter in the police blotter
    Most famously Ryen Russillo from ESPN.
    Before he got black-out drunk a couple buddies got into it with an overserved Russillo at the Cowboy over a girl. He was being creepy to her and she walked away and started chatting up my friends. Drunky McSportsguy didn't like that and wanted to fight them. One is a Marine, the other has perfected barfights to an art. They walked away.
    كافر
    (Infidel)

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    Most famously Ryen Russillo from ESPN.
    Before he got black-out drunk a couple buddies got into it with an overserved Russillo at the Cowboy over a girl. He was being creepy to her and she walked away and started chatting up my friends. Drunky McSportsguy didn't like that and wanted to fight them. One is a Marine, the other has perfected barfights to an art. They walked away.
    Ha! More to that night than just that, apparently.

On August 23, 2017, Russillo was arrested in Wyoming for criminal entry, reportedly while nude and intoxicated. He was suspended by ESPN.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryen_Russillo

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    Ha! More to that night than just that, apparently.

On August 23, 2017, Russillo was arrested in Wyoming for criminal entry, reportedly while nude and intoxicated. He was suspended by ESPN.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryen_Russillo
    Anyone who spells Ryan, Ryen, has it coming to them. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Anyone who spells Ryan, Ryen, has it coming to them. Lol.
    Agreed. Just because your parents think they're being creative doesn't mean its a life sentence with that moniker. Change it or catch a beatin'.
    كافر
    (Infidel)