Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Anyone investing in startups?

Curious what your experiences are. And I mean raw startups — like Seed or Series A. Investments less than 100k

How much do you need ? I want 75 percent. Not negotiable.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Yup.

Been there, done that, still there. I have / had equity stakes in a couple of start ups (renewable energy and biotech). I've also been involved in the initiation of a bunch of other new companies. What's on your mind?
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

You'll probably lose your money, but if you have to, 13% and an equity stake + warrants.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Don't invest anything you can't afford to lose, as it's essentially gambling. I've had friends invest in other friends' startups and it worked out really well for them (like turning $25k into 7 figures). Just remember that the person / people you're investing in are almost as important as the business idea.

Unless its a ski related biz. Then you'll be rich beyond your wildest dreams.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Unless its a ski related biz. Then you'll be rich beyond your wildest dreams.
    And if it's a brothel in Nevada, you can probably negotiate in a few free hummers.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

We should start a TGR Shark-Tank.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    We should start a TGR Shark-Tank.
    Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    I'm telling ya, someone needs to open a bowling alley/nudie bar. Just need me some investors.

Named "blue balls"...
    it practically writes itself

I want to start a biotech company that uses stem cell tech to graft a third hand to my body, near my waist. It would have a short arm so it can easily tuck away into a pants pocket when not in use. Great for opening doors with an armful of groceries, fixing things, manual labor, pickpocketing on subways, discreet butt scratching, etc.

Seeking seed money of $100 million. Company will be called "Helping Hands". Who's in?

hmm true, a dedicated beatoff hand would save a lot of time for today’s busy professionals

That won't be in the marketing materials of course, but any man will consider that option without prompting. it was not part of my original vision, I want to be clear on that though.

Seems like Bitcoin is a better bet, no?

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Don't invest anything you can't afford to lose, as it's essentially gambling. I've had friends invest in other friends' startups and it worked out really well for them (like turning $25k into 7 figures). Just remember that the person / people you're investing in are almost as important as the business idea.
    I'd say way more important, not almost as important, but otherwise agree.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    I want to start a biotech company that uses stem cell tech to graft a third hand to my body, near my waist. It would have a short arm so it can easily tuck away into a pants pocket when not in use. Great for opening doors with an armful of groceries, fixing things, manual labor, pickpocketing on subways, discreet butt scratching, etc.

Seeking seed money of $100 million. Company will be called "Helping Hands". Who's in?
    Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    hmm true, a dedicated beatoff hand would save a lot of time for today’s busy professionals
    Yes!

That won't be in the marketing materials of course, but any man will consider that option without prompting.
    indeed
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Seems like Bitcoin is a better bet, no?

Everybody needs a helping hand....

Everybody needs a helping hand....
    Will it be Amy Grant's hand?

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Will it be Amy Grant's hand?
    It will be if you close your eyes.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

What about baby steps to the full biological gaft...start with a discrete computer controlled exoskeleton with a variably adjustable position third, forth or fifth hand? It's only a matter of time before computers can interpret brains thoughts and translate into motion directives for external mechanical devices.
    Master of mediocrity.

"Curious what your experiences are" isn't much guidance. Glad to answer questions.

I'm in for $50 on the crotch arm thing

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    investing takes money and sadly im short on that
    butts
    im a spansered brand ambassador

#intheflowbro
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by TyWebb View Post
    same

I was involuntarily involved in a bunch back in the day. Being a shareholder of the company I worked for.

Hard to make money when you’re not in control. Would have made zillions if the powers that be had held on, but when they’re already super rich they do stupid things.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by TyWebb View Post
    We already established in another thread that $100 is the number to invest if you want to get rich.

They just want prepublic access to the hand attachments. For useful stuff

Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    What about baby steps to the full biological gaft...start with a discrete computer controlled exoskeleton with a variably adjustable position third, forth or fifth hand? It's only a matter of time before computers can interpret brains thoughts and translate into motion directives for external mechanical devices.
    Would you like to be the first employee of Helping Hands™?

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    it appears you’re not discriminating against the left hand
    with regards to this fascinating lifestyle choice, correct?
    No. Hell, you could have a left hand on the right side of your body if you have the cash.