Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What to do in Costa Rica for three or four days.

Like, youre flying into San Jose for dental work. Maybe two-three days there. Not expecting much there (a comment I found on TripAdvisor: "shame I came all this way to stay in a Marriott Courtyard next to a Hooters). So, where to next? Pacific coast or Caribbean? I don't surf.

Grand Canyon, if you have an afternoon to kill.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Try not to get kidnapped?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Like, youre flying into San Jose for dental work. Maybe two-three days there.
    Amazing

X

You want X??

Go for it!

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Mommy!

PM me if you get arrested, I have the best connections in the CR.

Save this for a rainy day.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Get your dental work done then spend the next couple days praying to the FSM you don't get some horrific infection?

Bridge of Death near Quepos and Manuel Antonio
    Sport fishing out of Los Suenos.
    Peace Lodge outside of San Jose.
    Arenal volcano.
    Drake Bay and Osa.
    Bone Fishing near Limon.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Buy a car?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

X-rays or it didn't happen

Third World dental surgery tourism? OK, I got some questions.

Like, how did you figure out which place to go to? Yelp?

How much can you get done in one trip? Are they yankin the tooth and shovin in the post in the same operation? Or are they just yanking the tooth and you got to go back and have the post put in later?

When you gettin your fucking crown? Are you doing that in a foreign country too?

You paying by the step, or is this a package deal? Hotel included? How’s the Quality and quantity of bacon at their breakfast buffet? What kind of drugs they gonna give ya?

Does it come with a warranty at least as good as Dr. Nick’s?

Name:  B2F951A4-F511-4B72-B48A-C559FDDEF1D0.png
Views: 373
Size:  296.5 KB

Medical tourism, so hawt right now. Why not get some stem cells injected into that bum leg from the lift chair incident?

don't forget a portable water filters or just drink beer!
    Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Third World dental surgery tourism? OK, I got some questions.

Like, how did you figure out which place to go to? Yelp?

How much can you get done in one trip? Are they yankin the tooth and shovin in the post in the same operation? Or are they just yanking the tooth and you got to go back and have the post put in later?

When you gettin your fucking crown? Are you doing that in a foreign country too?

You paying by the step, or is this a package deal? Hotel included? How’s the Quality and quantity of bacon at their breakfast buffet? What kind of drugs they gonna give ya?

Does it come with a warranty at least as good as Dr. Nick’s?
    Well, since you asked.

I just got turned on to this thing on this board just a few weeks ago. I don't know where it is, you look it up. Thanks, Ice. I was shocked just a few days before from an estimate from my oral surgeon for an extraction and implant (no crown, mind you, yet) of 1,175 for the extraction/bone graft and 475 for something I still don't get before the 3850.00 implant. So, total of 5500.00 before the crown, which, I'm assuming from my previous implants a few years ago, is about 1500.00. A 7000 dollar tooth.
    I have zero insurance, because it makes no sense. They want 900 bucks a year for a 1500 annual max payout. Fuck that. I used to have insurance from my employer, but even that had a 2000 annual max payout.
    I went to this site https://patientsbeyondborders.com/procedure/dentistry to start. Seems to have an extremely low bullshit content. They make money selling packages to destinations, which is ok with me. I then investigated the dentist's web sites, and Google directed me to TripAdvisor forum talk about all this, which is surprisingly informative. A lot of people have generally good to excellent stories to tell. My bullshit and spam detector didn't go off much. Oh, and, of course, I didn't mention price. An implant at a highly regarded San Jose dentist is 750.00. With crown, about 1100.00. I mean, duh, right? Easily pays for the trip with change. Lots of change. This is a big business down there, has been going on for a few decades. Thousands and thousands of Americans have done this. Heard any horror stories? Maybe a few, nobody's perfect, but...some people say that the dental facilities and work is superior to back home, although they probably live in Alabama.
    I just had the extraction done, that was scheduled, figured it best to do here, including the bone graft (I have four implants, know the drill), then I'll wait the three to four months and try it down there. It's only one tooth, so, a minor job compared to most I read about (man, do some people have fucked up teeth). Good way to check things out. Yeah, I'll have to go back for the crown, but that trip will be much cheaper than doing it here, too. Southwest flies to San Jose. I'll find me a nice beach and check out the third world in all it's glory. Really like to do this in Barcelona, but, it isn't as cheap or established. This is easier.

Funny, I've done a ton more research on this than my present situation. That was like, hey, know of a local dentist? after I moved. Yeah, Dr. So and so. Ok, and that was it. Dr. So and so is the one who sent me to Dr. Implant. Whatever, I trusted both.

Be nice to Benny, and he'll report back at the end of the year. Could save your ass a ton of cash.

My brother has an excellent dentist in San Jose.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

No advice, but am interested in the responses (and in the dental experience, I have a molar that will need to come out, and maybe have an implant put in).
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Well, since you asked.

I just got turned on to this thing on this board just a few weeks ago. I don't know where it is, you look it up. Thanks, Ice. I was shocked just a few days before from an estimate from my oral surgeon for an extraction and implant (no crown, mind you, yet) of 1,175 for the extraction/bone graft and 475 for something I still don't get before the 3850.00 implant. So, total of 5500.00 before the crown, which, I'm assuming from my previous implants a few years ago, is about 1500.00. A 7000 dollar tooth.
    I have zero insurance, because it makes no sense. They want 900 bucks a year for a 1500 annual max payout. Fuck that. I used to have insurance from my employer, but even that had a 2000 annual max payout.
    Be nice to Benny, and he'll report back at the end of the year. Could save your ass a ton of cash.
    In a similar boat, have full insurance, they cover 80 % of the extraction but NONE of implant....

might join you in chasing Monkeys.

Only Costa Rica experience was work trip to Four Seasons there. It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend.....

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    X-rays or it didn't happen
    including the bone graft I have four implants man.... do some people have fucked up teeth
    Some kind of teeth off?

Or out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    No advice, but am interested in the responses (and in the dental experience, I have a molar that will need to come out, and maybe have an implant put in).
    Just get it pulled and leave the hole. Way cheaper...

Well, yeah, that's an option. That's why this is no rush.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Just get it pulled and leave the hole. Way cheaper...
    Thanks doc. I always knew you were a true dentist.

TBH, that is probably what will happen, because the implant is so damn expensive.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Well, since you asked.

I went to this site https://patientsbeyondborders.com/procedure/dentistry to start. Seems to have an extremely low bullshit content. They make money selling packages to destinations, which is ok with me. I then investigated the dentist's web sites, and Google directed me to TripAdvisor forum talk about all this, which is surprisingly informative. A lot of people have generally good to excellent stories to tell. My bullshit and spam detector didn't go off much. Oh, and, of course, I didn't mention price. An implant at a highly regarded San Jose dentist is 750.00. With crown, about 1100.00. I mean, duh, right? Easily pays for the trip with change. Lots of change. This is a big business down there, has been going on for a few decades. Thousands and thousands of Americans have done this. Heard any horror stories? Maybe a few, nobody's perfect, but...some people say that the dental facilities and work is superior to back home, although they probably live in Alabama.
    I just had the extraction done, that was scheduled, figured it best to do here, including the bone graft (I have four implants, know the drill), then I'll wait the three to four months and try it down there. It's only one tooth, so, a minor job compared to most I read about (man, do some people have fucked up teeth). Good way to check things out. Yeah, I'll have to go back for the crown, but that trip will be much cheaper than doing it here, too. Southwest flies to San Jose. I'll find me a nice beach and check out the third world in all it's glory. Really like to do this in Barcelona, but, it isn't as cheap or established. This is easier.

Funny, I've done a ton more research on this than my present situation. That was like, hey, know of a local dentist? after I moved. Yeah, Dr. So and so. Ok, and that was it. Dr. So and so is the one who sent me to Dr. Implant. Whatever, I trusted both.

This post was measured, responsive and informative. Subscribed for the full TR.
    I still call it The Jake.