Kokopelli Trail: what to expect? What not to miss?

Hey all. I’m doing a kokopelli multi day trip next weekend. Total sausage fest, 11 bros. Catered, boozy, party.

I know that there’s a ton of doubletrack, so I’m not expecting to be blown away by the trail quality.

But...what else? Are there not to miss side hikes or loops to ride? Any tips or tricks to maximize our fun? (Minimize our ogdens?)

The last day we were hoping to get as much of TWE as possible, but I know with the snow we won’t be able to get TOO high, does anyone know?

Any input appreciate. Or pics to get me fired up.

Thanks all

Open to UPS right now is all I know, but following this as it's always been on my list.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Tonics View Post
    Hey all. I’m doing a kokopelli multi day trip next weekend. Total sausage fest, 11 bros. Catered, boozy, party.
    Perfect way to do it, IMNSHO.

I know that there’s a ton of doubletrack, so I’m not expecting to be blown away by the trail quality.
    That's an understatement. Other than the trail in Loma and Porc Rim, it is nearly ALL crappy.

But...what else? Are there not to miss side hikes or loops to ride? Any tips or tricks to maximize our fun? (Minimize our ogdens?)
    Tip: skip the entire section from Westwater to Dewey Bridge.

The last day we were hoping to get as much of TWE as possible, but I know with the snow we won’t be able to get TOO high, does anyone know?
    You *may* be able to get part of Hazzard in, but it will likely be and out-n-back.

Also - if you see ANY evidence of moisture on Koko where it leaves La Sal Loop rd, DO NOT RIDE THAT PART. Don't ask me how I know.

Proceed down to the entrance to UPS via road.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post

Also - if you see ANY evidence of moisture on Koko where it leaves La Sal Loop rd, DO NOT RIDE THAT PART. Don't ask me how I know.

Proceed down to the entrance to UPS via road.
    This is worth repeating.

Get the widest tires that will fit your frame. Seriously, the sand might justify a fat bike. Enjoy the scenery, and remember that is why you are there.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    <snip> Enjoy the scenery, and remember that is why you are there.
    Also - the beer. That is also why you are there.

You *may* be able to get part of Hazzard in, but it will likely be and out-n-back.
    Just rode Porc Rim from Koko down on Sunday 4/21... can confirm that Hazzard is *highly* unlikely to be in. Kokopelli Road was knee-high snow for most of the first mile from leaving La Sal Loop Rd... we should have skipped it but thought “how far can this snow go in?” Far, turns out.

Also - if you see ANY evidence of moisture on Koko where it leaves La Sal Loop rd, DO NOT RIDE THAT PART.
    This bears repeating, again. See above for how I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker View Post
    Just rode Porc Rim from Koko down on Sunday 4/21... can confirm that Hazzard is *highly* unlikely to be in. Kokopelli Road was knee-high snow for most of the first mile from leaving La Sal Loop Rd... we should have skipped it but thought “how far can this snow go in?” Far, turns out.
    That's actually preferable to the alternative moisture scenario...

That's actually preferable to the alternative moisture scenario...
    Is alternative moisture scenario the medical term for spitting on it, or is that the name of your band?

I'll fourth avoiding the AMS on Kokopelli. My bike never fully recovered.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    <snip>
    I'll fourth avoiding the AMS on Kokopelli. My bike never fully recovered.
    They never do from those types of experiences...