Arrow 17TH ANNUAL RADAR SPEED TRAP, Sat May 4th

Come one, come all! You've wanted to; now you can. It's that time!
    We'll meet in front of the ticket window on the Snowbird Plaza at 8:35-8:40, unless the tram is closed. Call the Bird or check their site on your way up the canyon, because if the tram is closed, we'll meet at the bottom of the Gadzoom chair at 8:40 instead.
    > > >Meet up Sat May 4th at 8:35 to 8:40 < < <
    As always, this will be THE ONLY ONE going on in the entire WORLD! And you are invited! Yes, YOU are invited to participate for FREE. No fees, no forms, no fuss, no gimmicks and no fine print. And if you act now to reserve your spot, by publicly posting here your commitment to attend, we'll also throw in a photo of YOU at the event! (Of course only if you want a photo of yourself, AND only if you bring your own phone or camera and know how to take a selfie).
    So....Got it? Again, Sat May 4th, the SEVENTEENTH Yearly Radar Event will transpire, with or without you. If I were you, I'd want it to be WITH.
    Repost this notice in any other snow forums you can think of and spread the word. Let's get a good-sized turnout this year.
    If you really, really, really wanna do this, but Saturday is totally impossible for you (i.e. liver transplant, death in the family, alien abduction, etc.) post here if Fri morning, the day before, is preferred. If there's enough interest, we can make it for Fri instead of Sat, but ONLY IF there's enough feedback to know for sure.
    Get ready for possibly the biggest FREE rush you've ever had on snow! See you there.
    Last edited by Endlessseason; 04-22-2019 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Clarify date
    "Don't bug me, granny. I don't dig slick chicks trying to goof me up." --Tragg

You know I’ll be there Saturday morning.

Can you move this event to Squaw? Then I’m in. Rad.

Ski fast, take chances

i wouldnt rule a run out/cool deal - best price is always free
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Tomorrow morning it's on! It's gonna be fast if this afternoon is any indication. Coldsmoke, Rickack and I did a few trials. Reached 73MPH no problem on short S7's and an open flapping jacket.
    The only change for tomorrow's plan is IF they are NOT running the tram when we meet on the plaza. In which case we'll walk over to Peruvian.
    See you in the morning!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	82mph.radar.speed.trap.day-5.4.19.jpg 
Views:	603 
Size:	462.6 KB 
ID:	281328
    Super fast snow under perfect conditions. Top speed this morning: 82mph on a pair of 193cm AK NoKaOi skis. Wearing regular baggy ski pants and a windbreaker.
    Good thing it was just two boards on an icy mountain run; if it had been with a vehicle on I-15, it could've been a speeding ticket for 17 over the limit! ;-)

Fuck yeah!

Hell yeah dude. That’s fast.

17TH ANNUAL RADAR SPEED TRAP, Fri May 3rd

Can you even read the terrain at that speed??!!
    I like to ski fast but I’d be shocked if I’ve hit 70 and have gotten that oh shit everything is moving way too fast nausea.
    Uno mas

More details!

damn. Even half that is fast on skis.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

17TH ANNUAL RADAR SPEED TRAP, Fri May 3rd

Nice! Glad to see this still going. Are those speeds all-time “speed trap” records?
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Holy shit, didn't think it was possible without a DH suit. Superfast as fuck!!
    Nice work men!
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Sorry I missed it this year, scariest thing I've ever done.

Holy cow that is haulin'! 193's, regular ski pants and a windbreaker no less. Must of had the right wax

I went back yesterday and recorded the run with my phone's camera. The snow was 20-25 miles an hour slower than Saturday morning, but at least it'll give a feel for where we got the fastest speeds. Maybe it'll also help answer the question above about reading the terrain at higher speeds.
    Because I've logged hundreds and hundreds of miles on this run in every condition and speed for years, I'd say for me, it's less about reading the terrain anymore. It's more about coming into the drop hot and then feeling out the smoothest, fastest line so I can quickly tuck and reduce as much wind resistance as possible.
    At Saturday's ripping speeds, I almost felt like I was skimming the surface, almost floating a little off the surface. In the video that I'll try to post after work tomorrow, I only reach 63. So it's not quite what you see at 80+, but it's the fastest I could go, given the warm temps. And while holding my phone out in front with one hand and both my poles in the other...heh.
    Last edited by Endlessseason; 05-08-2019 at 04:40 AM. Reason: wording