Tyrolia Attack 13: enough DIN for my fat ass?

I just got a couple pairs of Tyrolia Attack 13's (deal was too sweet to pass up) - new and not mounted yet.

I'm getting back into alpine, after over 20 years of tele-only, so I'm a little out of the loop re: bondage gear. As such, I'm wondering if these 13 din bindings are going to be enough for me: 195#, 5'10", fast, aggressive, expert skier.

No, I don't intend to ski them at 13. But, 1) As I understand it, it's better to be in the lower part of the din range, on a given binding, and 2) I've seen these listed as, "for intermediate to advanced, or lighter skiers," none of which really describes me.

Someone in my Dalbello v Lange post said I should be good to go with 13's, but now looking for more opinions (I wound up pulling the trigger on Panterra 130's BTW).

So what say ye? 13's enough, or not?

Tyrolia Attack 13: enough DIN for my fat ass?

There is really no logic to the “good to be at lower end of the range” reasoning. These are nice bindings with a good track record. And if you ski at 13 or less you will be fine.
    Last edited by CaliBrit; 04-22-2019 at 11:24 AM.

According to the DIN chart:
    Level 3+ skier (Very aggressive skier who will ski any slope)
    175 lbs to209 lbs
    5'6" to 5'10, Level
    Aged 10-49 ?? (over 50 -1.5 din)
    BSL 271-290 = 10 din
    BSL 291-310 = 9.5 din
    BSL 311-330 = 8.5 din
    BSL 331-350 = 8.0 din

You’re gonna die!!!
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    You’re gonna die!!!

You will be fine. I used to be on the middle of the din range camp and after a lengthy conversation with an engineer I know longer subscribe to that. I've been using bindings for the last few years (attacks included) near the top and no ill effects.

I’m 6-1 225 and skiing them so sure as fuck hope they work for you
    Decisions Decisions

I think the not being at the very top of the DIN range idea has more to do with possiblity of breaking them than if they will release OK but keep in mind some guys can break anything and you know who you are

I got some of the 4frt deadbolts 13's which i think were the rebranded demo attack 13's and they seem fine, cna't see breaking them at 165lb
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Cool. Thanks for the replies.

BTW, the deal I got was here: www.absolute-snow.co.uk. After VAT was refunded, the bindings were $110/pair. And two pairs shipped from the uk to CO was $18. I ordered on Tuesday, after they were closed. They shipped Wednesday morning, and I had them by the end of the day Friday. These folks have their shit together, as does DHL delivery.