Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    Hah. I did a lot of hikes with my son a backpack when he was little and he must have spent 3/4's of the time in that pose.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Preferably one that has only known sex-slaving?
    Just be careful of the Romanian gypsies. They'll steal your stuff and leave the kids in front of the TV for 6 hrs straight.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    Yup. It's hard for the first few years. You have to realize it isn't about you anymore. At all. That's the tough bit. It won't ever be what it was. It will eventually be similar but different,
    This. awful lot of wisdom packed in this sentance. Here's the gold and it's difficult to put into words, this is the best I can do. we do a different sport here, but I'm sure it translates to skiing.

When I watched Junior at 16 win a round in a national level 4. Or when he clinched the 2D point that got his team into the state finals. The grin. the fist pump.

It's truly like you're 16 again and doing it as well.
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I'd look into a nanny from one of the northern European countries--nothing east of Poland though. The nannies from southern Europe tend to cook with a lot of garlic and your whole house will start to smell, so avoid those. Also avoid the black nannies as they tend to be a bit rough with the kids.
    I think Moldova is where the best hookers...I mean nannies come from. No stinky garlic

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post

The toddler is still a gremlin and has no chill, but she sleeps through the night with no issue and we know that the worst is behind us.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    My two year old use to sleep 10-12 hours after maybe 1 years old, now she is up all night AGAIN. It's not over until it's over, you never know when the worst is over, ha.

Side note: So I'm the lone guy that had a breeze the first year (at least the first six months) due to constant naps? Huh.

You're gonna love the teen years.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Wait until your kid tells you to fuck off like mine did at dinner the other night.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

My five-year-old already does that.

#winning

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    You're gonna love the teen years.
    Why, because of the constant naps then and I can confiscate their drugs?

wow. so much good advice in this thread and better, know it's not just me. the tough love part about not being about me anymore is tough to hear but guess I kinda knew that was coming. some lols as well!

if anyone has a suggestion for a bit more appropriate title to this thread let me know. I think I can adjust..

or change the tense and make it something along the lines of 'things for consideration prior to having a kiddo'

been on tgr for a while (albeit little contributed) but never though this would be the most valuable info. thanks again! still re-reading them to get the most.

there is hope!

there are sacrifices but it eventually pays off ... junior comped me for Phantom glide
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Wait until your kid tells you to fuck off like mine did at dinner the other night.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    My five-year-old already does that.

#winning
    When our youngest was three, someone at a holiday meal asked her if she wanted some more of something
    She replied “fuck you honey”

#winning^2

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    My two year old use to sleep 10-12 hours after maybe 1 years old, now she is up all night AGAIN. It's not over until it's over, you never know when the worst is over, ha.

Side note: So I'm the lone guy that had a breeze the first year (at least the first six months) due to constant naps? Huh.
    The toddler turns 2 next month. We're trying not to count any chickens but are strongly looking forward to the day the diaper genie gets thrown away. We've owned that fucker for over 4 years and have used it daily. Now it's got no more than a year or so left for it.

Also, I wish I had known to take better advantage of the naps in year 1. The Mrs. was a bit of a wreck post-partum. I felt bad about that and didn't do enough to get some alone time/take care of myself. Hindsight is 20/20, I guess.

Tram lap(s) at the Bird with the 4 year old this week, though!

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cycology1 View Post

if anyone has a suggestion for a bit more appropriate title to this thread let me know. I think I can adjust...
    there's some time limit in being able to edit your title, maybe 24 hours? something. so if you want to change it do it sooner than later.

Haven't seen this mentioned yet, and it's maybe not so useful to the OP since he lives near the ski hill, but...

Ski campers make family outings way easier thus more frequent. A private warm space where even the tiniest babies can nurse/change/nap etc, mom can pump milk, whatever. With a good parking spot, parents can quickly trade duties or check in: ski to the steps, knock and peek in, "we're nursing, take two more," ski off.

My camper has been a critical instrument in maintaining ski time through babydom.

as good as it gets aka new parent / self mid life - sage mag advice needed!

^ shower in camper is key when your kid fills their snow pants and ski boots full of piss. No matter how many times you tell them to go to the bathroom they always seem to “forget.” Quick shower and change in to warm pajamas and you are a hero. Have had this happen multiple times with 2 out of 3 kids so far. Guaranteed it happens with number 3 in the next couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    there's some time limit in being able to edit your title, maybe 24 hours? something. so if you want to change it do it sooner than later.
    was thinking of this for future generations to find. not sure if needed. funny if the kids look back at this thread years from now.

f'ing great advice in this thing! up to now seems like done lots of it wrong, except the most important part of being there 100% for the fam. so there's that. and now phase 2

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    I think Moldova is where the best hookers...I mean nannies come from. No stinky garlic
    Tell me more.

My concern is they are like Russian women which start out like this,
    Name:  Margarita-from-Perm--395x500.jpg
Views: 526
Size:  31.6 KB
    Then like a chinook salmon, by the time the kid is in middle school they transition to this?
    Name:  280-5-11.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  59.0 KB
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

This one only goes skiing when we have slopeside accommodations now. She didn't ski this season, now age 15.

This one still loves skiing, especially with the scout troop, now age 16

Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Haven't seen this mentioned yet, and it's maybe not so useful to the OP since he lives near the ski hill, but...

Ski campers make family outings way easier thus more frequent. A private warm space where even the tiniest babies can nurse/change/nap etc, mom can pump milk, whatever. With a good parking spot, parents can quickly trade duties or check in: ski to the steps, knock and peek in, "we're nursing, take two more," ski off.

My camper has been a critical instrument in maintaining ski time through babydom.
    It's called "Slopeside Lodging" around here. AKA "ski in ski out". As mentioned my teen daughter only goes when we are staying at the resort now.
    Fortunately, we are active in a larger group of Mid Atlantic families and usually have 4-5 families chipping in on a slopeside house for an extended weekend each season. Ends up being about $150-$200 or less for all three of us over a 3-4 day weekend to have ski in ski out or walk to slopes lodging.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Buy foam shoes. Follow Norsemans suggestion and learn to lactate. Rub the hot part of the foot with rigid unguents.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Buy foam shoes. Follow Norsemans suggestion and learn to lactate. Rub the hot part of the foot with rigid unguents.
    Keep babies away from rigid ungulates

Diametrically diatribe disinguenous desiderata, dyspeptically deconstruct definitive dogparts. Functionally fibrate fraternal fictions, flapping figured fellatios from faded fat falabellas. Accuse asymmetric acorns across adipose annuities, aggregate associated analytic assholes. Manufacture Muttaburrasaurus meetings making matters more mysterious.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    there are sacrifices but it eventually pays off ... junior comped me for Phantom glide
    hand-me-ups from spancers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Can't believe no one has said this yet, but just wait until you have more than one. Then it really gets fuckin hard to do shit.