Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    This is deeply urgent shit... howed I missed this thread!

tl;dr... any of it - well other than keep separate my viscous fluids from odd toed mammals... what a nugget

eta:
    Looks like OP avoided 10 to 15 year prison sentence (misery) - minimum! tgr

Take care of yourself and you'll take better care of everything else.

its inevitable - if you can't learn to fire endorphins and adrenal fluids on your own - fear (hopefully long enough before someone closes your eyes for you) will do it for you.

Count even the little successes at work in your fluid equations - balance will come easier

let "how parenting is draining" re-commence
    ​I am not in your hurry

I didn’t read everything but I’m 99% sure no one has mentioned inline skating with a jogging stroller. My boy just loved it. Great bang for the buck exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Or two at the same time like I did.

Twins will break the average man.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Telll me more. My die is cast.

Remember this if anything. A couple years back I heard a podcast host answer a great question. The question was "What's the best thing about having children?" The reply was in a nutshell that it forces you to be your best possible self.

You are forced to be selfless, give yourself wholly, and do everything in your power to ensure your family is provided for in every way. Sometimes, when things are at their toughest when I'm trying to wrangle my toddler and baby, and life seems to be in complete disarray, I have to remind myself of that. It's really true. I look back on my single or childless days and believe I've 'evolved' as a person thanks to these little turds. Sure, times can be REALLY tough at times, but I've found that I've grown a lot already through it and am much more satisfied as a whole. Wife and I have grown a lot as a couple too. We're far stronger than before.

Just keep plugging away. There's only ~7.5 billion people on earth, and they all have some sort of parents.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by wickstad View Post
    I didn’t read everything but I’m 99% sure no one has mentioned inline skating with a jogging stroller.
    Can't imagine why no one has mentioned this.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Remember this if anything. A couple years back I heard a podcast host answer a great question. The question was "What's the best thing about having children?" The reply was in a nutshell that it forces you to be your best possible self.

You are forced to be selfless, give yourself wholly, and do everything in your power to ensure your family is provided for in every way. Sometimes, when things are at their toughest when I'm trying to wrangle my toddler and baby, and life seems to be in complete disarray, I have to remind myself of that. It's really true. I look back on my single or childless days and believe I've 'evolved' as a person thanks to these little turds. Sure, times can be REALLY tough at times, but I've found that I've grown a lot already through it and am much more satisfied as a whole. Wife and I have grown a lot as a couple too. We're far stronger than before.
    I would say the best thing about having kids has nothing to do with my weaknesses and trying to overcome them.

Kill your television.

It will demotivate you and turn your kids’ brains to mush.

Oh, c'mon a little TV is fine. TVs are great for subduing the kids for a bit, and there are plenty of shows on that don't turn them into mushy thinkers. And it definitely doesn't demotivate me, that's when I can get shit done in peace, when that thing turns on I am over-motivated!

The little seat with wheels and a circle bump guard tray thing is key. We called it the ring of neglect. Allows you to make dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Yeah, we use a "bumbo" for the little one, a little chair we can move around when we need her around but in one place for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Oh, c'mon a little TV is fine. TVs are great for subduing the kids for a bit, and there are plenty of shows on that don't turn them into mushy thinkers. And it definitely doesn't demotivate me, that's when I can get shit done in peace, when that thing turns on I am over-motivated!
    I found they usually don't drink bleach and stick their fingers in outlets as much when the TV is on.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I found they usually don't drink bleach and stick their fingers in outlets as much when the TV is on.
    Also, hide the bleach with the remote. That’ll guarantee that they’ll never find it (or anyone else).
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    We called it the ring of neglect.
    Awesome, at our house it was known as the circle of neglect. The bouncy chairs that attach to the ceiling/doorway are fucking legit, too.

I'm convinced that the hrs my kid spent suspended from the doorway in his bouncy chair is responsible for the strong pop he now gets off jumps in the terrain park.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Can't imagine why no one has mentioned this.
    At least my assumption was correct. I take it you are well over your dad bod if you have the spare time to go through all the posts.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    keep the milestones modest
    first poop, yup, first solid poop, ok. first time they tell ya before they gotta poop, winning, first poop on potty, winner!
    First two-poop was today. He ate a whole thing of blueberries yesterday. Plural purple poops.

thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by wickstad View Post
    At least my assumption was correct. I take it you are well over your dad bod if you have the spare time to go through all the posts.
    I'm at work, brah. I got all the time in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    thanks for sharing.
    First time I was on board with the whole pooping in the toilet thing was Seahawks vs. Greenbay in the (I think)? NFC championship game the year after the Seahawks demoralized Denver in the Super Bowl. I took him in to the potty when I was sure the Seahawks had lost it. We had to drive over Stevens pass to get home. Fort7nately there was a child’s potty there at our ski buddies’ house for his grandkids. We’re sitting there on the pot squeezing one out and hear the cheering coming from the tv room. Quick wipe and get back out there to see Marshawn running down the opposite sideline and nearly (I think) into the end zone. Seahawks ended up coming back from some ungodly deficit to beat the Pack. Poor secondary sacrificed life and limb though and let Brady come back and win the Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    I'm at work, brah. I got all the time in the world.

I actually had to chose between work and in-line skating today. I chose work. I did kick ass though in the time allotted.

I can't believe no one has said this before, but this is the best birth control thread ever.

Whatever gets you through making your decision to have kids, have at it, but I'm not even an anti breading person and I find the repulsion strong in this one.

I'll let you folks have at it.

... but looking at my girl when she linked her longest strider ride, or finished a run without falling and me there.

C'mon. It's pathetic. You just feel the need, to breed. There is nothing pretty about it. But if it makes you feel like your work paid off, more power to ya.

I became a father for the first time ever a couple weeks ago and have no regrets whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    I became a father for the first time ever a couple weeks ago and have no regrets whatsoever.
    Says the guy that has only been a father for a couple weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I can't believe no one has said this before, but this is the best birth control thread ever.

Whatever gets you through making your decision to have kids, have at it, but I'm not even an anti breading person and I find the repulsion strong in this one.

I'll let you folks have at it.

... but looking at my girl when she linked her longest strider ride, or finished a run without falling and me there.

C'mon. It's pathetic. You just feel the need, to breed. There is nothing pretty about it. But if it makes you feel like your work paid off, more power to ya.
    Pretty much. I was dragged kicking and screaming into the kid thing. I totally can imagine my life without her. My wife, not so much. Sometimes it's compromise and life priorities and balance. Also, I would only do it if we adopted, so no need to breed, so to speak. Anyway, just like I don't read the "annoy" thread, maybe you're done here.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda