Page 61 of 99 FirstFirst ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 2463
    Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    I’m pretty sure I’ve got some 40c Ramblers at the shop. Would be happy to send a pair your way
    Quote Originally Posted by jamal View Post
    G-one or g-one R, vittoria terreno dry, conti terra, challenge getaway?
    Thanks all, I found some Continental Terra Speeds in 40mm.

55 days until the start of the Tour Divide race. I've dialed in my gear and just need to keep piling up the hours in the saddle. It should tip the scales near 47lbs before food and water. Plenty of food storage capabilities, top 1/4 of the framebag, all of the gas tank and 75% of the front pocket are available. I could probably lighten up a little more (bivy instead of tent), but I'll need some comfort. Goal is under 25 days.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Gravel/Bikepack nerds enter...

^ Do you come through Colorado?
    I’m here if you need any support, parts, repairs. Just let me know.
    EDIT: I just saw you come through Silverthorn/Dillon. Only 30 mins away.
    I’ll PM you my contacts.

I'm in Kalispell and know that you are riding through Whitefish (15 mi way). I'll send you a PM with my contact info.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

That looks super dialed! I have a short version of the Bar Yak extensions but I think the longer style would be better.

I did the GDMBR in 2001 (guiding for Adventure Cycling) but it took us 75 days, and we all pulled BOB trailers. My, how things have changed!
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1650138435.399849.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	199.5 KB 
ID:	413368

Just starting to get warm in prepping to try to keep up with Peruvian all summer…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Thanks gang. All contacts appreciated, although the race rules would require neutral support. But having contacts for rescue are always appreciated.

BarYak, these are also the short ones. I think the Expedition version would allow me to stretch out better. But, it does allow an easy way to mount bike bags.

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    I could probably lighten up a little more (bivy instead of tent), but I'll need some comfort.
    Take the tent for sure and a comfortable sleeping pad. On a route that long in the mountains you'll deal with weather for sure, and a bivy is no fun to hang out in during a storm.

I always end up bringing too much clothing. Mailed stuff home on both AZ and CO trails.

Thanks Evdog, been hoping for input from you and Schillingsworth. I was leaning towards the tent as well to have the comfort on rainy days.

I'll second the tent. Also don't be tempted to use a tarp. I've been down the bivy path and the tarp road, and both are paved with tears. Even the lightest, smallest real double walled tent is worlds better than either.

55 days until the start of the Tour Divide race. I've dialed in my gear and just need to keep piling up the hours in the saddle. It should tip the scales near 47lbs before food and water. Plenty of food storage capabilities, top 1/4 of the framebag, all of the gas tank and 75% of the front pocket are available. I could probably lighten up a little more (bivy instead of tent), but I'll need some comfort. Goal is under 25 days.

I know next to nothing about this stuff but why didn't you mount anything to the fork legs?
    I love that giant frame bag.
    How long can you go before resupply with that setup? How many days?
    Good luck that's a big ride. Nothing but respect
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

I'm going for as aero as possible for this ride. Limited frontal surface area for as long as possible. Assuming that I need more water for New Mexico, then I'll add cages from a bike shop in Colorado. I have an old Camelback 100 oz bladder that fits in the framebag. Most of the time I'll only carry 40 oz, but will load up for the long sections.

Tour Divide is nice in that you can usually find food via store, gas stations or bar/restaurants at least once a day. With my goal of 25 days, that means 108 miles a day and usually a town every day (a few exceptions that must be noted and planned for).

Not sure that I can pull it off, but I'll try my best.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Not sure that I can pull it off, but I'll try my best.
    You can pull it off for sure.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

I’d be happy to take a spin through the park or east of the park up togwotee pass if you want some company through here. By ‘neutral support’, can I bring you a burrito and some chocolate covered twinkies?
    (I’ll send you contact info if you have to bail here or whatever)
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Saddle sores are no joke. Lather up
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Saddle sores are no joke. Lather up
    This. I don't think my ass could handle the tour. What has saved me on bikepacks is bringing a second shammy and swapping them out whenever they get sweaty the first couple days. Hang the sweaty one off the pack to dry. After a couple days there's usually enough of a callous this is no longer necessary.

Only other word of wisdom on the tent is if you don't have it already, but one with a side entry rather than front entry. I have the smallest one man Big Agnes fly creek with front entry. Not only is it very narrow but I have to do some acrobatics to get in and out. Not fun after a long day when you may or may not be getting random cramps.

Evdog, I'm with ya on the tent front...unfortunately, I also have the small Big Agnes and agree with the front door problem.

I will be bring two pair of shorts. I've discovered that the liner style (mesh sides) work well to keep the sweat to a minimum. You just have to cover up before entering a business.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Huh. I have had a Fly Creek 1P for like 15 years and have used it hundreds of times. It's my favorite tent, partially because of the end door. I like to face the sunrise. Different stokes, i guess.

Are there liner style bibs with good chamois? The ones I've seen have really thin chamois. Assos makes an indoor bib that is crazy thin but it's stupid $.

Why would you want a liner instead of some straight up, high end road bibs? Wearing shorts over shorts is full dork. Just go full euro, it feels so good!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Why would you want a liner instead of some straight up, high end road bibs? Wearing shorts over shorts is full dork. Just go full euro, it feels so good!
    I like the liner/over-short setup for durability. You can ruin your lycra pretty quick in a fall, or riding through a thorny bush, or whatever.

Yeah okay, sure. Y’all is afraid of how you’re gonna look. Get over it no one cares. Shorts over shorts on a gravel bike is for small penus only.
    Go on now
    crab in my shoe mouth

Yeah okay, sure. Y’all is afraid of how you’re gonna look. Get over it no one cares. Shorts over shorts on a gravel bike is for small penus only.
    Go on now
    Going for a swim mid ride in bibs? Yuck.

So let me get this right, take the shorts off, remove bibs, put the shorts back on to swim? You live in Vermont just go au natural So many excuses! Keep ‘em coming
    crab in my shoe mouth

So let me get this right, take the shorts off, remove bibs, put the shorts back on to swim? You live in Vermont just go au natural So many excuses! Keep ‘em coming
    I don’t wear a chamois on my gravel bike.

Masochist!
    crab in my shoe mouth