Page 47 of 99 FirstFirst ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 2451
    Quote Originally Posted by s_squatch View Post
    https://icancycling.com/collections/...32546964176974
    looks like the 54cm is in stock in the US warehouse. Pretty sure it's just a rebranded carbonda cfr696, which I have, and have put ~2200 miles on in the last year with no complaints. Probably not the best if you're trying to resell it after your fancy bike comes though.
    oh that’s perfect thanks! no resale intended, I’ll just keep it at least in the short term.

I’m considering a Lauf True Grit or a Canyon Grail. Any experience with either one?

I have a buddy looking to get into gravel. He found a 2015 Specialized Diverge Expert for $1500, local, sent me the ad and it seems like it’s in good shape.

Does this seem like a good deal to the collective?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    What bars were on the Renegade? I'm looking for a slightly flared 42 or 44cm bar, so if they fit that description maybe I can take them off of your hands.
    The bike came with some ultra basic OEM stuff from Ritchey, and I'm gonna put them on my wife's bike because she would like something a little wider than what came on her bike. If she decides she doesn't like them I can let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    I’m considering a Lauf True Grit or a Canyon Grail. Any experience with either one?
    That Canyon non-standard OEM bar is a nonstarter for me. I’m sure it’s comfortable if sized right - but what if it’s not sized right....

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

SRAM AXS Etap Wireless = Awesome

Have been out on the new Pivot Vault a few times now and love it. The fit, build quality, light weight is awesome. Another nice thing is that when you are standing up cranking away there's no flex in the bottom bracket.

The higher spec'd stock bike has a SRAM AXS etap wireless rear derailleur and I was skeptical of the new tech as I haven't bought a new bike in over 10 years. I have to say the electronic shifting is awesome...quick, precise. Batteries are super light/small so it is no big deal to carry an extra. Force levers/crank and since I couldn't find a Force rear I used an XX1 AXS rear (more than I wanted to spend but it was the only thing in stock).

Mrs P riding some dirt.

Name:  Image1619564912.862693.jpg
Views: 785
Size:  304.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado_Freeskier View Post
    The higher spec'd stock bike has a SRAM AXS etap wireless rear derailleur and I was skeptical of the new tech as I haven't bought a new bike in over 10 years. I have to say the electronic shifting is awesome...quick, precise. Batteries are super light/small so it is no big deal to carry an extra.
    eTap
    Great shifts and no wires. Love it.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    eTap
    Great shifts and no wires. Love it.
    How often are you all charging? Is it like every ride? Once a month?

Well I have a front derailleur, so I charge them both when one goes dead, (or I think about it). If one craps out on a ride I put the dead one in front and finish the ride and then charge them. bfd The charge lasts a long time.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado_Freeskier View Post
    Have been out on the new Pivot Vault a few times now and love it. The fit, build quality, light weight is awesome. Another nice thing is that when you are standing up cranking away there's no flex in the bottom bracket.

The higher spec'd stock bike has a SRAM AXS etap wireless rear derailleur and I was skeptical of the new tech as I haven't bought a new bike in over 10 years. I have to say the electronic shifting is awesome...quick, precise. Batteries are super light/small so it is no big deal to carry an extra. Force levers/crank and since I couldn't find a Force rear I used an XX1 AXS rear (more than I wanted to spend but it was the only thing in stock).
    Beautiful ride. Curious about the wheelset. Any complaints?

Nothing so far...light and all I can say is that climbing, everything, seems easier than on any other bike I own. That said this bike and wheel set are the nicest I own (2X the price of my old Madone 5.1). I haven't taken it up to the mountains yet, just rides on bike paths (some gravel) from the house. I'll be out of work starting next week, will ski every day till my home mountain closes and then take the bike out to the mountains.

The East Coast is getting our own 'Tour Divide' - https://bikepacking.com/plan/introdu...-divide-trail/

Could I get a price police assessment of this local Craigslist bike? https://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/...317580667.html. Asking price seems high given how Bike Bling is discounting these bikes; what's fair?

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Could I get a price police assessment of this local Craigslist bike? https://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/...317580667.html. Asking price seems high given how Bike Bling is discounting these bikes; what's fair?
    Is BikeBling.com legit? I've heard mixed reviews.

A brand new 5star no longer comes with Ultegra, but either GRX ($5180) or AXS ($5800). The extras on that listing add up at MSRP - Revelate bags ($150), fenders ($90), pedals ($100), cages/water filter ($50), etc. You will need new tires on that ride soon ($100+). So with almost $400 in add-ons (let's say $300 at used prices), the need for new tires soon, and pandemic pricing, this may not be far off depending on the condition.

Of course, if you can find a RLT9 at 20% off (hen's teeth) buying new would be the better option. Now if you don't need the 5 star build than there are much cheaper RLTs out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Is BikeBling.com legit? I've heard mixed reviews.

A brand new 5star no longer comes with Ultegra, but either GRX ($5180) or AXS ($5800). The extras on that listing add up at MSRP - Revelate bags ($150), fenders ($90), pedals ($100), cages/water filter ($50), etc. You will need new tires on that ride soon ($100+). So with almost $400 in add-ons (let's say $300 at used prices), the need for new tires soon, and pandemic pricing, this may not be far off depending on the condition.

Of course, if you can find a RLT9 at 20% off (hen's teeth) buying new would be the better option. Now if you don't need the 5 star build than there are much cheaper RLTs out there.
    Thanks! I've never bought from Bike Bling, but someone mentioned it's their LBS and though it sounds like they're now focusing on online sales to the detriment of IRL customers, they're a legit business.

I don't necessarily need a 5 star build, but if it's competitive with a new 3 or 4 star build, then it gets more interesting.

I was able to track down a 2021 Diverge Comp Carbon. Today was my first day riding it-

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210516_222532257-02.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	374830

Road biking used to be my #1 summer sport, but the past 4-5 summers have been more focused on trail running and MTBing. This year my GF is recovering from a major injury and can't run or MTB until August, so I guess we'll be having some gravel adventures.

That should be a beautiful ride. Nice
    Can’t believe how hard it is to find bikes these days, even at full retail. Have been looking for the past month and finally found one, but not locally. Will be a couple more weeks of having to riding the very old and tired cross bike..

.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6775.JPG 
Views:	102 
Size:	193.7 KB 
ID:	374925
    Last edited by alive; 05-19-2021 at 09:34 AM.

^That trail looks awesome. Alberta?

Southern BC. Kelowna. A fun little loop in town...

anyone have time on a Rocky Mountain Solo? I have a race coming up and my frame on order is just going to miss it. Thinking about picking up a Solo 50 (in stock locally) but unsure if this brand is worthwhile in terms of frame quality, customer service, and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    anyone have time on a Rocky Mountain Solo? I have a race coming up and my frame on order is just going to miss it. Thinking about picking up a Solo 50 (in stock locally) but unsure if this brand is worthwhile in terms of frame quality, customer service, and so on.
    Guess you already had to make a decision on this, but anyway my friend had a Solo for awhile and liked it a lot. Someone decided it looked nice enough to smash his car window in broad daylight and take the bike, so he's on something else now.

Can't speak to customer service, but Rocky Mountain is certainly a reputable brand in the mountain bike world.
    kittyhump.com - Fund Max, Cat Appreciation, Bike

Gravel/Bikepack nerds enter...

Name:	IMG_9707.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	2.36 MB 
ID:	375896

missed out on the rocky mountains in my size so scooped one of these (cannondale topstone 1). got some knobbies coming but so far it seems nice!

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post

Name:	IMG_9707.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	2.36 MB 
ID:	375896

missed out on the rocky mountains in my size so scooped one of these (cannondale topstone 1). got some knobbies coming but so far it seems nice!
    Nice ride. That bike is spec’d with WTB Riddlers, which seem like a great balance between roll and rock. I wonder why yours came with the Vittorias.

yeah beats me. they’re a lot more road-oriented than what I’m gonna use it for (big gravel race and the training for that) so I’m gonna swap em. and the stock saddle doesn’t work for me. otherwise it’s pretty nice