Page 87 of 99 FirstFirst ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 2464
    Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    Do I get any more points deducted from my gravbro status for wearing jorts and merino tees instead of not quite as tight as road spandex on my gravel bike???
    Real denim or performance denim?
    Black denim or Blue denim?
    If you answer that, I’ll assess or deduct the required points from your status.

Look up the mud section of Unbound if you guys want a laugh.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

The best part is that the Unbound organizer knew that road was going to be horrendous, he had an easy work around, they could have gone straight and then taken a different left turn onto a non-mud pit road and yet he decided to leave it in. The videos are so fun to watch, four mile HAB, ten miles into the race, with the hot sun beating down! So many broken chains, and rear derailleurs.
    crab in my shoe mouth

La sportiva TX guide for everything. If it fits.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Gravity always wins...

Quote Originally Posted by riff View Post
    La sportiva TX guide for everything. If it fits.

Slight drift, is the guide stiffer than the TX4 and does it have the same last?

I mountain bike and run but I haven't been on road or gravel much, mostly because my cx road bike is just old. And the faceplate cracked and I should really replace the stem before I ride it. I have a stem just not super motivated on this thing.
    IF Planet X with durace 3*9.
    I get sticker shock on new bikes when compared with what else I can do with like $5k.
    I am bikepack curious. Not into full on road mostly due to the traffic and lack of shoulder here. But others certainly road ride around here.
    Should I get new wheels and a 105 group for this? Or will it still be what I don't want or ride?
    Thoughts?
    While this is a cool bike, I don't think it could fetch much on the used market. I could make it a bike path cruiser

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    I mountain bike and run but I haven't been on road or gravel much, mostly because my cx road bike is just old. And the faceplate cracked and I should really replace the stem before I ride it. I have a stem just not super motivated on this thing.
    I get sticker shock on new bikes when compared with what else I can do with like $5k.
    I am bikepack curious. Not into full on road mostly due to the traffic and lack of shoulder here. But others certainly road ride around here.
    Should I get new wheels and a 105 group for this? Or will it still be what I don't want or ride?
    Thoughts?
    That IF is hot! I'd try to determine the maximum tire size that will work with your frame and brake setup. 40s are probably good enough for any dirt road navigable by a Prius or similar vehicle. If you're thinking about bikepacking, you might want to reduce your gearing, but if you have a relatively flat route in mind you'll probably be fine.

Or maybe it will suck! I've never been bikepacking.
    kittyhump.com - Fund Max, Cat Appreciation, Bike

IF are super sexy.

That's the old team paint job. Dump that 3x crank asap. Nothing shifts worse than that shit.

Needs fat 40c tires asap. Gonna feel goofy with those skinny tires on a cyclocross frame.

Enjoy it. I'm on an old bike also and there is no shame in commuting on it.

Cross frames of that vintage generally fit 35mm or less, rim brakes that’s a non-starter. Keep it around because it’s cool and from Massachusetts, but I would not dump any money into that bike.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Real denim or performance denim?
    Black denim or Blue denim?
    If you answer that, I’ll assess or deduct the required points from your status.
    It's real denim.. but stretchy:

72.5% cotton, 3.5% elastane, 13% recycled cotton, 11% recycled polyester
    https://riptonco.com/products/mens-slate-jorts
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

This is standard protocol from a LOT of surgeons nowadays. Some calculus about injury of twisting and more abrupt catching yourself.

I have to go punch myself because I ride my gravel bike with flats and these:
    https://www.giro.com/p/tracker-mount...rBlueBrightRed

I got the gravel bike as my rehab machine from ACL surgery, surgeon and PT said try flats... So I did... It's fine.
    They are not as stiff as my old clipless shoes, but I've ridden 30 miles and not gotten that sore foot that I'd get from sneakers or the like.
    I was on clipless (spd 2000-2008 time 2008-2018 and back to spd up to 2020) for a long time. I don't mind either now.

I also like that I can walk around town or into a store mid ride and not sound like a ungulate.

Do I get any more points deducted from my gravbro status for wearing jorts and merino tees instead of not quite as tight as road spandex on my gravel bike???
    Hmm, interesting to hear that the flat pedal thing is recommended by other surgeons. Guess that is becoming standard advice.

For gravel I wear bib liners and nine inch zoic MTB shorts, which fit kinda like a trail running short with extra pockets. On top I usually wear one of my cheap Marmot synthetic T shirts that I've had for years and years and often I'll wear a sun hoody.

I want to be able to walk into grocery and convenience stores in the rural ID/ WY locations where I bike without drawing too much attention. I wouldn't want to wear spandex here.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    The best part is that the Unbound organizer knew that road was going to be horrendous, he had an easy work around, they could have gone straight and then taken a different left turn onto a non-mud pit road and yet he decided to leave it in. The videos are so fun to watch, four mile HAB, ten miles into the race, with the hot sun beating down! So many broken chains, and rear derailleurs.
    Travis Verhoff from Silca did the 200 mile race.
    Started 1/3 of the way back at the start line.
    It took him 28 minutes (ave 21mph) for the first 10 miles, and then hit the mud at Mile 11. Not rideable, not even able to push your bike though the mud.
    Hike a bike was 3.5 miles long, (to mile 14.5), couldn’t clip in to his XTR pedals for another 2.5 miles (17.0). At mile 30 he felt a heavy drag, stoped again and tried to clean the mud from around his wheel, he had to remove his wheel to clear the mud from dragging on his wheel.

Toying with the idea of converting my fixie gravel bike back to a gear bike. Would be on a budget. It’s an early 70’s frame (American Eagle). Guidance of how to do it? I’d have to look, but am not sure if I have the original rear wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    That's the old team paint job. Dump that 3x crank asap. Nothing shifts worse than that shit.

Needs fat 40c tires asap. Gonna feel goofy with those skinny tires on a cyclocross frame.

Enjoy it. I'm on an old bike also and there is no shame in commuting on it.
    Yes this is a team bike!

I'm thinking I don't want to put money into it... I'll try to find some donor parts to spruce it up

I <heart> hot tele-moms

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    the top ss guy blasted right through!

Thoughts?
    While this is a cool bike, I don't think it could fetch much on the used market. I could make it a bike path cruiser

You don't need $5k to get a decent quality gravel bike. Lots of alu/carbon fork, steel, and even a few carbon bikes are less than $2500.

It's real denim.. but stretchy:

72.5% cotton, 3.5% elastane, 13% recycled cotton, 11% recycled polyester
    https://riptonco.com/products/mens-slate-jorts
    Team Hugh Jass competed in the 24 hour Moab or Canaan, or all/both, I forget, in a single pair of denim colored shorts, swapping at the start/finish.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    You don't need $5k to get a decent quality gravel bike. Lots of alu/carbon fork, steel, and even a few carbon bikes are less than $2500.
    Like what?

I <heart> hot tele-moms

State Bicycle 4135 is the lowest price point all steel. There’s a dealer in west sac.

Salsa Journeyer is a good one, and comes in a bunch of spec ranges. The Apex version is like 1600 right now and comes in 700c or 650b

Gravel/Bikepack nerds enter...

Just saw an email from Canyon about a sale on their gravel bikes.
    I don’t know much about their gravel bikes but if you’re ok with the DTC model the pricing seems very compelling (unless they suck in which case nevermind).

Something like the Grizl CF SL 8, carbon frame/fork, shimano grx drivetrain and dt swiss wheels for $2600 looks particularly interesting for the gravel curious.
    Last edited by dcpnz; 06-10-2023 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Team Hugh Jass competed in the 24 hour Moab or Canaan, or all/both, I forget, in a single pair of denim colored shorts, swapping at the start/finish.
    We were there competing and one of my team mates grew up riding with the HughJass crew and we all camped together. Very entertaining times to say the least. And, they absolutely crushed it

Like what?

Trek Checkpoint
    Niner RLT
    Kona Rove
    All City Gorilla Monsoon
    Canyon Grail
    Canondale Topstone

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    +Jamis renegade

the IF in team livery is rad. I have two in the stable, a Ti deluxe ss 29er and a steel planet X also ss. Really really beautiful bikes.