Page 98 of 98 FirstFirst ... 93 94 95 96 97 98
Results 2,426 to 2,439 of 2439
    Good work^

Looks like a fun journey and nice pics to boot

Got on the bike a few times last week. Felt good. May have been a little overzealous on the second ride lol.

Any recommendations on a good shoe for gravel that has a larger than average toebox?

Or just general shoe recs I suppose?

I’m on almost 15 yo shimanos that I’ve glued together. It’s time….

Desperation was setting in by early March since we hadn’t seen snow for a while. This was a few days after some flooding. I can’t explain what I was thinking at the time.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1711309531.207112.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	2.40 MB 
ID:	491681

Name:	Image1711309554.695228.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	2.03 MB 
ID:	491682

Name:	Image1711309568.762781.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	1.70 MB 
ID:	491683

Name:	Image1711309581.898329.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	491684

Luckily winter has returned over the past two weeks so other than washing it, the bike has been stationary since

Ooof that’s brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by stapes View Post
    Got on the bike a few times last week. Felt good. May have been a little overzealous on the second ride lol.

Any recommendations on a good shoe for gravel that has a larger than average toebox?

Or just general shoe recs I suppose?

I’m on almost 15 yo shimanos that I’ve glued together. It’s time….
    Everyone says 'Lake' if you need wide shoes. I've had good luck with Shimano Wide, but most people say they are just normal wide compared to the rest of the world. (but they are cheap and readily available..)
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

Yea Lake seems to be the way. Maybe I can find somewhere to try em on.

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    Hey stapes. Not sure what size you are but I have a couple cheap wide/high volume shoe options in Gear Swap, 44-45 size range. Bont and Sidi Dominator megas.

Unfortunately I think I need to go a little bigger than those, Chaka. Think I need to head to some shops or REI and try stuff on. Or order a few sizes of Lake shoes and return whichever doesn’t work.

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    Unfortunately I think I need to go a little bigger than those, Chaka. Think I need to head to some shops or REI and try stuff on. Or order a few sizes of Lake shoes and return whichever doesn’t work.
    Add specialized recon 3 to your list. I have hard to accommodate feet. Wide toe box but normal volume everywhere else. I also have a consistent problem with the heel cup edges being too high and rubbing ankle bones bad. The normal width Recon has just enough toe box width for me without the extra volume everywhere else, which was what I struggled with for 'wide' models. And the heel cups are a few mm lower than other brands in my experience.

Just got some Lake gravel shoes (MX 238 Gravel) in a 44.5 wide... I don't technically have wide feet, but I do have a crappy tailor's bunion on one foot that I have to accommodate. Lake gives good instructions on sizing on their website. I got them from biketiresdirect.com, asked them to price match to a European website (bobleisure), which they wouldn't do, but they did give me another 10% off their stated price, which is nice cuz bike shoes are so damn expensive.

Later sunsets during shoulder season means a quick rip after work but before dinner are in order.

Name:	Image1712009463.934481.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	3.02 MB 
ID:	492795

Quote Originally Posted by wendigo View Post
    went to
    Late to the party but this looks awesome... deserted but awesome.

Has anyone ridden the Gen 4 Stigmata (version launched last year).

I have a Canyon Grizl that I’m kinda slowly realizing is a bit smaller than I want and I’m underbiking a bit more than I want in many circumstances.

Thinking about sizing up and getting a stigmata for the slacker angles. Reviews seem positive if you’re looking for aggressive geometry.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    Has anyone ridden the Gen 4 Stigmata (version launched last year).

I have a Canyon Grizl that I’m kinda slowly realizing is a bit smaller than I want and I’m underbiking a bit more than I want in many circumstances.

Thinking about sizing up and getting a stigmata for the slacker angles. Reviews seem positive if you’re looking for aggressive geometry.
    Haven't Tried the Stigmata, but sounds like it would be an ideal application for what you are using it for. So many more options now other than the Chamois Hagar. Just re-building the Devinci Hatchet, another decent option in that catagory.