Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 2439
    Oh snap… let the build begin!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8065.JPG 
Views:	83 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	453422

Ooooooooh yeah

I'm thinking about adding a dropper post and maybe carbon wheels to my Diverge Comp Carbon. Anyone have any recommendations?

Dropper is more important to me at the moment, but I might jump on a wheels for the right price.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Oh snap… let the build begin!

Name:	IMG_8065.JPG 
Views:	83 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	453422
    Gonna be hawt!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    I'm thinking about adding a dropper post and maybe carbon wheels to my Diverge Comp Carbon. Anyone have any recommendations?

Dropper is more important to me at the moment, but I might jump on a wheels for the right price.
    It’s a 30.9 seatpost, and you shouldn’t be limited by insertion length, so you have many options.
    How much drop do you need? And do you want infinite height adjustability, or can you get away with a post that’s up only or down only .

I’m a fan of the Fox Transfer SL. For you the 30.9 comes with 75mm drop, 353grams. (Or 100mm drop)
    I’ve installed these a few times on gravel bikes because it also comes in a 27.2 with either a 50mm and 70mm drop.
    It comes in black to match a gravel bike, or a ka$hima coat to show your bling.
    The only limiting feature of this post is that it’s up only, down only, no mid point stop positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    It’s a 30.9 seatpost, and you shouldn’t be limited by insertion length, so you have many options.
    How much drop do you need? And do you want infinite height adjustability, or can you get away with a post that’s up only or down only .

I’m a fan of the Fox Transfer SL. For you the 30.9 comes with 75mm drop, 353grams. (Or 100mm drop)
    I’ve installed these a few times on gravel bikes because it also comes in a 27.2 with either a 50mm and 70mm drop.
    It comes in black to match a gravel bike, or a ka$hima coat to show your bling.
    The only limiting feature of this post is that it’s up only, down only, no mid point stop positions.
    Thanks very much for the details. TBH a lot of bike gear specs are beyond the scope of my knowledge, so I'm still learning.

Per the user manual for my 2021 Diverge Comp Carbon, it looks like max insertion length for my size (56 cm) is 240mm and the website for the 2021 Diverge Comp Carbon also looks like the Specialized Rova Terra seat post that came with the bike has 20mm of rear offset, is 380mm in length and 27.2mm in diameter. Per the website, the seat binder looks like it is 30.8mm.

I guess that is a long winded way of me saying that I think the seatpost is actually 27.2mm instead of 30.9mm. Am I offbase in that understanding? If I do indeed need a 27.2mm dropper, does that change the kind of dropper you'd recommend?

I like the idea of infinite adjustability but I'm not super tied to that as a must have. I think I'd be looking for at least 100mm or drop, maybe even 125mm. A quick Google search lead to PNW Components Rainer Gen 3 w/ 125mm of drop and also PNW Components Coast 100mm suspension dropper. Would love to know your thoughts.

After a bit of research I used some credit card reward points to order a PNW Components Coast 27.2mm 100mm and PNW Components Drop Bar Lever on Amazon.

Stoked to check it out.

Still open to ideas for carbon wheels if anyone has recommendations!

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    Kevo - not sure what your budget is, but I've recommended Cascadia Wheel Co here in the past and still stand by them 100%. Not the cheapest but certainly not the most expensive, and Joey builds good shit.
    https://www.cascadiawheelco.com/prem...x-disc-builds/
    I have two sets, one alloy and one carbon, I haven't had to touch either of them.

Love my CB7's. I got a bro deal so ymmv. Light and bomber.

https://www.notubes.com/dwg7

I have a Specialized command post XCP and LeVert. Only 30mm of drop but super light. It will fit your bike if you want it...

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Rodeo Labs carbon wheels are really nice. My LBS handled mine and stated that they are now thinking about carrying them due to the quality and value.

if you can get to Denver, you can pick them up directly from Rodeo at their bike building shop near Sloans Lake.
    Someone once told me that I ski like a Scandinavian angel.

Quote Originally Posted by sethschmautz View Post
    I have a Specialized command post XCP and LeVert. Only 30mm of drop but super light. It will fit your bike if you want it...

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
    Oh man, thanks very much for the offer! I'm looking for a bit more drop for some rocky descents on a few local forest service roads, so I think I'm going to stick with the coast dropper for now but thanks again!

Thanks also for the wheel recommendations, everyone. I'll do some research on the brands mentioned.

Back in the Fall, I attempted a MTB bikepacking route in the Eastern Sierra of California known as the Caldera 500.

It was mostly a failure, a success in other ways (that's how these things go eh?), and quite the adventure in some unfamiliar terrain to me. Derek over at Strength Training for Cyclists invited me to talk about the experience on his podcast, and thought I'd share it here.

Here is a description of the Caldera 500: https://bikepacking.com/routes/caldera-500/

Here's a link to the pod (also available on Spotify I believe): https://podcasts.apple.com/at/podcas...=1000583657999
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    Back in the Fall, I attempted a MTB bikepacking route in the Eastern Sierra of California known as the Caldera 500.

It was mostly a failure, a success in other ways (that's how these things go eh?), and quite the adventure in some unfamiliar terrain to me. Derek over at Strength Training for Cyclists invited me to talk about the experience on his podcast, and thought I'd share it here.

Here is a description of the Caldera 500: https://bikepacking.com/routes/caldera-500/

Here's a link to the pod (also available on Spotify I believe): https://podcasts.apple.com/at/podcas...=1000583657999
    That looks amazing. Scares me how nice the photos make it seem relative to the stats.

Brahs, I need new bars for my gravel commuter. Is it faux pass to mismatch bar/stem color? Currently have a chrome stem and I want some bars that are only available in black. Your assistance and guidance is greatly appreciated.

Just picked up a couple Warbirds for the wife and I. I went low end and she went high end. Looking forward to riding em when the snow melts around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post

I enjoyed the podcast. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin Ben View Post
    Brahs, I need new bars for my gravel commuter. Is it faux pass to mismatch bar/stem color? Currently have a chrome stem and I want some bars that are only available in black. Your assistance and guidance is greatly appreciated.
    Googled "chrome gravel drop bars" and found tons of modern bars. Salsa, ZIPP, Ritchey, Whiskey, Nitto, State, etc make them. Depends on the drop depth, flare, and width to find what you need. Some are 0 flare and others are deep drop. Let us know what you land on.
    Someone once told me that I ski like a Scandinavian angel.

Slapped on some flat pedals and took the first ride (cruise) of the season. My god, Crank Bros Stamp 1 pedals just suck so hard.

Name:	Image1681164173.803572.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	2.48 MB 
ID:	455184

Has anyone spend much time on the modern suspension gravel forks that would be willing to comment on their experience?

I bought a canyon Grizl last fall and I’m Rudy curious. I’m finding that I’m not really riding it on pavement much as I don’t trust drivers in my area. I’m also underbiking it on desert singletrack pretty often and riding jeep roads.

Curious about suspension and it’s ability to let me wonder around chunky desert roads with a bit more capability. I’m mainly a mountain biker but I’m trying to do more long zone 2 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    Has anyone spend much time on the modern suspension gravel forks that would be willing to comment on their experience?

I bought a canyon Grizl last fall and I’m Rudy curious. I’m finding that I’m not really riding it on pavement much as I don’t trust drivers in my area. I’m also underbiking it on desert singletrack pretty often and riding jeep roads.

Curious about suspension and it’s ability to let me wonder around chunky desert roads with a bit more capability. I’m mainly a mountain biker but I’m trying to do more long zone 2 days.
    Very different than the Rudy but I have been on a lauf fork for the past year, few thousand miles now. It's wonderful on chunky roads with very little downside besides the weight on flat roads. If it is a conscious choice and you ride terrain that makes sense to have suspension on I don't see a reason not to (besides money). At the same time, if you ride 95% road then I wouldn't bother.
    For reference I have also added a dropper and 10-52T 12 Speed MTB cassette on my gravel bike to suit the riding I do with it.

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    Quote Originally Posted by alfajores View Post
    Googled "chrome gravel drop bars" and found tons of modern bars. Salsa, ZIPP, Ritchey, Whiskey, Nitto, State, etc make them. Depends on the drop depth, flare, and width to find what you need. Some are 0 flare and others are deep drop. Let us know what you land on.
    OP check out the Richey Classic Venturemax bar. I have the fancy pants carbon version, I love the shallow drop, decent amount of flare, and even like the strange little nubs on the drops which if you are fit up properly feel really comfortable. IMHO the polished Alu version is gorgeous. and Cheap!

Yep, I've eyed those. I've also have considered the Salsa Cowchipper. There are so many options these days!

Any of you running a new GRX rear (42 tooth capable), with a 11-42 cassette and two chainrings up front?
    I just ordered the parts, but I’m not sure if running 32/48 up front is going to work well with the 11/42, as the chain length might be too long or short (unless, of course, I religiously avoid 32 up front and any small cogs on the rear or vise-versa).
    Long shot here.
    I don’t actually need 42/32, but it might be nice for climbing Teton Pass at the end of a 130 mile ride, if you know what I mean.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Gravel/Bikepack nerds enter...

This is what I want to do. I’ve read elsewhere dude running this set up - some adding a wolf tooth, some not. Haven’t heard any negative remarks on the set up. I definitely need the 42/32 for some of the fire roads around here my knees say Fuk that too