Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
Results 176 to 192 of 192
  1. #176
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    base of the Bush
    Posts
    10,453
    Black will help keep tour bacon sammich warm!

    Nice but damp ride in Acadia Wednesday, tried to wait out the rain but didn't happen. Saw 125' of ocean and lots of fog. Mist had a side cooling benefit.


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190626_140733.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	1.72 MB 
ID:	287027
    www.apriliaforum.com

    "If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

    "I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

  2. #177
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    795
    Another cool bikepacking bike...LWB Jones complete just released:

    https://blog.jonesbikes.com/somethin...m-jones-bikes/

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1d0a3c3d-1087-4af6-9a5e-b2504555a0fb.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	168.0 KB 
ID:	287049

    I've run Jones bars on a rigid bikepacking setup before and love it. I envision the full LWB version to be pretty much the ideal bikepacking/touring set up, this lowers the cost a bit compared to the full frameset.

  3. #178
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Under the bridge, down by the river
    Posts
    4,608
    Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Black will help keep tour bacon sammich warm!

    Nice but damp ride in Acadia Wednesday, tried to wait out the rain but didn't happen. Saw 125' of ocean and lots of fog. Mist had a side cooling benefit.


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190626_140733.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	1.72 MB 
ID:	287027
    Spent the week in Acadia doing some hiking and riding—carriage roads are amazing and did some exploring elsewhere. Wish there was more time to ride. Where is your shot taken? These were around Ellsworth on Weds.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1561736331.317986.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	792.1 KB 
ID:	287073


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  4. #179
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Posts
    12,135
    Didn't realize how deep the pushback was on Lael having her race documented. Sounds like there are some crusty olds who are scared at how fast she is. Curious who the other rider being documented is....who apparently DID receive some support from his film crew.

    Lael will be back, and she will make sure no cameras are within 20 miles of her and she will fucking smoke everyone. She has to now.

    https://theradavist.com/2019/06/tour...e-race-part-4/

  5. #180
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Walpole NH
    Posts
    7,819
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Didn't realize how deep the pushback was on Lael having her race documented. Sounds like there are some crusty olds who are scared at how fast she is. Curious who the other rider being documented is....who apparently DID receive some support from his film crew.

    Lael will be back, and she will make sure no cameras are within 20 miles of her and she will fucking smoke everyone. She has to now.

    https://theradavist.com/2019/06/tour...e-race-part-4/
    Neither did I, she has a target on her back for some reason. Is it because of her sexual orientation? You wouldn’t think that would be the case these days, but it kinda feels that way. I feel bad for her. Good read, thanks for the link.
    crab in my shoe mouth

  6. #181
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    home
    Posts
    696
    Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Neither did I, she has a target on her back for some reason. Is it because of her sexual orientation? You wouldn’t think that would be the case these days, but it kinda feels that way. I feel bad for her. Good read, thanks for the link.
    It is because she rides specialized.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

  7. #182
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Walpole NH
    Posts
    7,819
    Quote Originally Posted by Laps View Post
    It is because she rides specialized.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I laughed, but you might be onto something there.
    crab in my shoe mouth

  8. #183
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5,278
    More power to her. Lael is the shit.

  9. #184
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Banff
    Posts
    20,104
    The event is getting bigger each year, so more people riding and more people "arm chair quarterbacking" what it should/should not be.
    the pre-game her sexual identity never came up? (maybe no one cared until she was doing well?)

    I think the whole event is just "trending" so gets more noise from all sources


  10. #185
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    BZN
    Posts
    597
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Didn't realize how deep the pushback was on Lael having her race documented. Sounds like there are some crusty olds who are scared at how fast she is. Curious who the other rider being documented is....who apparently DID receive some support from his film crew.

    Lael will be back, and she will make sure no cameras are within 20 miles of her and she will fucking smoke everyone. She has to now.

    https://theradavist.com/2019/06/tour...e-race-part-4/
    Jesus H Christ, Jay Petervary and his soul patch can go take a hike. What a fuckin' loser.

    My previous statement stands: as soon as somebody calls it a race, people get way too serious. I was a road racer for a while and will confidently say that road racing has less bullshit than this and that sport is filled with the most uptight, type A folks you'll ever encounter.

  11. #186
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    NCW
    Posts
    1,940
    Mike C has some insight into Jay P, and yeah, he is a fuckin loser.

    http://lacemine29.blogspot.com/2015/...rvary.html?m=1

  12. #187
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Posts
    12,135
    Watching the coverage this year has really gotten me intrigued about the TD. Has sort of been on my "5 year" bucket list, but might have to move that timeline up if possible. Seems like a painful and beautiful experience. Hopefully I can make some sales here soon and buy that gravel bike and do some long rides in late summer/fall.

  13. #188
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Banff
    Posts
    20,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Watching the coverage this year has really gotten me intrigued about the TD. Has sort of been on my "5 year" bucket list, but might have to move that timeline up if possible. Seems like a painful and beautiful experience. Hopefully I can make some sales here soon and buy that gravel bike and do some long rides in late summer/fall.
    When you make it up to banff, you got a place to stay.

    Even if you make it up just to see peoples rigs, see the start etc thats kinda fun. I can also suggest a few non-TD routes in the area to get a feel for it.

    For me, the GD too peoplie and I would just do an ITT (seems strange to start a solo event, with 200 other people)


  14. #189
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Posts
    12,135
    Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    When you make it up to banff, you got a place to stay.

    Even if you make it up just to see peoples rigs, see the start etc thats kinda fun. I can also suggest a few non-TD routes in the area to get a feel for it.

    For me, the GD too peoplie and I would just do an ITT (seems strange to start a solo event, with 200 other people)
    Thanks man. I would definitely do ITT. That's kinda the whole point imo, and I would be nowhere near competitive anyway. A 20 day finish I think is a good goal. Maybe even that's too ambitious?

  15. #190
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,887
    At Tomichi Trading post this weekend. Divide riders constantly rolling through. The non race leaders have said they have had awesome conditions.

  16. #191
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Banff
    Posts
    20,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Thanks man. I would definitely do ITT. That's kinda the whole point imo, and I would be nowhere near competitive anyway. A 20 day finish I think is a good goal. Maybe even that's too ambitious?

    I think its more a mental game, Can you keep riding more then others can once they get mental tired?


  17. #192
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    795
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Watching the coverage this year has really gotten me intrigued about the TD. Has sort of been on my "5 year" bucket list, but might have to move that timeline up if possible. Seems like a painful and beautiful experience. Hopefully I can make some sales here soon and buy that gravel bike and do some long rides in late summer/fall.
    Same here, maybe I'll see you there in the near future! I'd be tempted to go for it on a gravel bike setup with higher volume tires, not to be super competitive, but for distance comfort, and take er easy on the rougher sections.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •