Page 75 of 99 FirstFirst ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 2464
    Quote Originally Posted by chaka View Post
    I currently run Schwalbe G-Ones. My set have the stock Rodeo hubs, also bomber in my experience. Guessing your set of CK hubs would go fabulously with the rims. FYI I think Magnetic Wheel Co in Denver builds all of Rodeo's wheels.
    Yeah, they quote a pretty steep cost for build with my own hubs. Z-Cycles in Denver will build them with same/better spokes and brass nipples for significantly less. Dmitri is also a perfectionist and will rebuild a wheel three times to get it exactly how he wants it rather than leave a single thing off perfect.
    Someone once told me that I ski like a Scandinavian angel.

Guess this is the best place to put this....

Specialized ends contracts with its paid ambassadors

https://www.velonews.com/news/gravel...d-ambassadors/

It’s not like the most popular bike brand on the planet needs more exposure. They don’t! Good on Specialized. Get a job, skids!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    It’s not like the most popular bike brand on the planet needs more exposure. They don’t! Good on Specialized. Get a job, skids!
    It was probably one of their more effective uses of marketing dollars. I thought it humanized the brand.
    Now it just reminds me of assholes like you.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Gravel/Bikepack nerds enter...

Huh? Ease up fellah
    It’s just bikes, for fucks sake man, take a lap
    I kinda thought you were normal, my bad.
    Doosh
    crab in my shoe mouth

2 good friends just had all their very ambitious plans for next year blown up by this move.
    Why don’t you try being less of an insufferable prick?

I couldn’t care less about your slacker friends. Eat a bag of dicks, joey
    crab in my shoe mouth

I couldn’t care less about your slacker friends. Eat a bag of dicks, joey
    Like it or not cycling “content creators” are an offshoot of professional athletes and I would much rather watch their vids than those of some spandex clad doper figuring out their VO Max.

But to each their own.

Watching people ride bikes is only cool if it’s a race. Content creators, humanized bike companies, friends with very ambitious plans, yawn.
    crab in my shoe mouth

you’re not artsier than me

Watching people ride bikes is only cool if it’s a race. Content creators, humanized bike companies, friends with very ambitious plans, yawn.
    Whoa Butt ... maybe dial it back a bit. Racing is where it's at, but some of that middle of nowhere, dirt/gravel no one ever uses, amazing places shit is pretty inspiring.

The sponsors that support this dude get my money all day, every day;

I’ll bet most folks that watch the TdF are mostly interested in this scenic shots of castles, ancient towns, and natural wonders. The bike race is an aside. The point being that there is a demand for content that is more about the vistas than the podiums.

As I said before…you do you.

Huh? Castles and ancient towns, most folks are watching because of that? No fucking way. That’s an added bonus of watching, not the reason to watch. The bike race is an aside if you’re a punter.
    Take a Lap
    crab in my shoe mouth

Watching a bike race of any kind is like watching paint dry

Like watching soccer? No way!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Guess this is the best place to put this....

Specialized ends contracts with its paid ambassadors

https://www.velonews.com/news/gravel...d-ambassadors/
    I know Lael and that is the one I was most surprised about. She is a bit more than an ambassador. She is a brand unto herself. Like Nike dropping Jordan because, why pay? When Lael shifts to another bike builder, her followers will absolutely redirect their wallets.

If that S-works contract doesn't come, I am sure there are bike builders lining up to sign her.
    Someone once told me that I ski like a Scandinavian angel.

They will be fine. Being a dirt bag is never easy when you never sell out. Gotta hustle to keep those adventures cheap.

Huh? Castles and ancient towns, most folks are watching because of that? No fucking way. That’s an added bonus of watching, not the reason to watch. The bike race is an aside if you’re a punter.
    Take a Lap
    It looks like it's the 2nd most popular reason they watch TdF in England and France. Of course, "I love to watch" is likely partially due to the pretty pictures. American's don't even know why they are watching. Probably because most American's never turn off their TVs and it just happens to come on.

Different strokes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Why-watch-the-Tour-de-France.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	236.4 KB 
ID:	438106

Ambassadors can be much more relatable to the average rider and can have a lot of influence over their audience as a result.

You don't wan to see Messi get the Golden Boot? It's like the equivalent of that polkadot jersey, amIrite?

I didn't even know that Spec had ambassadors, not that I am likely to look for them now. Not really into watching these "message in a bottle[ads]" in the first place. Influencers, bleh.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Is the boot similar to this in gold?
    Do they actually kick him with it? If so I might have watch this soccer game
    Name:  Image1670964968.809755.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  23.8 KB
    crab in my shoe mouth

Hey on a different note, did any of you get in to SBT GRVL? It'll be my first time there and I'll be riding the 100. Was real tempted by the 140 but in the end went with the 100. I booked a camp site at the KOA so I'll be close to town and not paying for overpriced hotel rooms. Stoked!
    "Wherever beer is brewed, all is well. Whenever Beer is drunk, life is good" -- Czech proverb.

I'm still not 100% sure why I spent time/money converting this thing to drop bars but well, here we are.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

^^^Looks awesome.

I've got a steel mtb frame I may do something similar with this winter.

Meanwhile, in Vermont, gravel roads are almost back in play after a week of warmth.

Thanks, its been a fun project, even if I wasted a lot of mental energy exploring alternate build options that were more about can it be done than should it be done. I also don't know if I really gained much capability vs anything else in the garage but sometimes the cool factor just wins out.

Quote Originally Posted by radam View Post
    Thanks, its been a fun project, even if I wasted a lot of mental energy exploring alternate build options that were more about can it be done than should it be done. I also don't know if I really gained much capability vs anything else in the garage but sometimes the cool factor just wins out.

That's awesome!

Long kicked around doing this to my old Ti Lynskey, this is rejuvenating the idea again! Already have a niner carbon rigid fork, would likely just need the brifters. Though I already have a CX/Gravel bike, so usefulness is minimal.