Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1162
  1. #1126
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Vacationland
    Posts
    4,154

    Gravel/Bikepack nerds enter...

    I’d add Surly Straggler to the list at $1625. And yes, buy the first one in stock that you find. That’s how I ended up with the Norco. In this market I could probably sell it in July for close to what I just paid the shop since it’s a cheap-ish bike


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  2. #1127
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    5,729
    The Giant’s looked really good for the price as well. I had no luck in finding one though.

  3. #1128
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    Posts
    2,031
    Add Jamis Renegage to your list phatty.

  4. #1129
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    panhandle locdog
    Posts
    7,061
    Liking my salsa journeyman so far.

  5. #1130
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Banff
    Posts
    21,299
    Looking for a light weight seatpost rear rack for skibee

    (small bike/small rider, no rack mounts on frame etc

    12 pounds/5kg, light off road use

    27.2 seatpost, can swap carbon or AL

    hoping for one that is sub 400g, but 500 can play too.


    options?


  6. #1131
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Among Greatness All Around
    Posts
    5,711
    Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    The Giant’s looked really good for the price as well. I had no luck in finding one though.
    There is a new local Giant Bike Shop near me. He stated that he could not get any bikes as a dealer, but is checking for customers on the Giant Web site and having them purchase and shipped to the shop for assembly and setup. I did a few searches and it found a few shops elsewhere in the nation that could ship the bike of course... Their web site you just pick the bike model, the color and size and they may state "The product you have selected is currently out of stock in our warehouse but there may be a store in your area that has the product in stock. "

  7. #1132
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    between campus and church
    Posts
    7,383
    Gravel ride?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1618783423.456142.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	371977

  8. #1133
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    5,729
    Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post
    There is a new local Giant Bike Shop near me. He stated that he could not get any bikes as a dealer, but is checking for customers on the Giant Web site and having them purchase and shipped to the shop for assembly and setup. I did a few searches and it found a few shops elsewhere in the nation that could ship the bike of course... Their web site you just pick the bike model, the color and size and they may state "The product you have selected is currently out of stock in our warehouse but there may be a store in your area that has the product in stock. "
    Thanks. I really wanted a Giant but was feeling the time pressure and I live in a remote area with no bike shops within a 6 hour drive. Found a BMC model in my size from a store that would ship it here so panic bought that instead.

  9. #1134
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    5,735

    Gravel/Bikepack nerds enter...

    Anyone happen to have a 54-57cm ish frame+fork they’d sell, disc brakes + TA, that’ll clear a ~40mm+ tire? I have a fancy one on order but cutting it close for race day, I want something soon and it doesn’t have to be fancy or light. Just lighter than my 35lb POS hardtail. Meanwhile in my over eager component ordering I have basically enough extra parts for another bike already. Going with 12sp eagle mullet though so I need TAs to fit the wheel with XD driver and eagle cassette (I think anyway). Or recommendations for new sub-$1k frames that don’t suck that I can get within ~2 weeks. For over $1k if it comes to it I can get from LBS but a penny saved is a penny earned and so forth.

    eta: if you have a usable old CX-ish bike in this range and want a SRAM Apex hydraulic brifters and calipers and GX eagle derailleur with the ratio 12sp conversion kit installed + cash in trade, that also works

  10. #1135
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    588
    1st ride on the Pivot Vault semi custom build
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7047.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	887.1 KB 
ID:	372007

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7049.JPG 
Views:	97 
Size:	876.7 KB 
ID:	372008


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by Colorado_Freeskier; 04-19-2021 at 09:14 AM.

  11. #1136
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    5,729
    ^thats a nice bike!

  12. #1137
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    livin the dream
    Posts
    4,383

    Gravel/Bikepack nerds enter...

    X-post from the tire thread... apologies....

    Any suggestions for a commuter tire? Currently running 700x32 wirebead gatorskins. They have been worry free but I think I can fit something slightly larger that’s not a full slick.

    See below for the current clearance with 32s. I don’t think I can fit 40s. Maybe a 34 or 36 will be ideal? I like the look of a Maxxis Refuse but they only come in 32 or 40...

    Use case is a 11mi commute across Seattle.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2635.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	345.3 KB 
ID:	372165


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

  13. #1138
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    between campus and church
    Posts
    7,383
    ^^^how’s the clearance at the chain stays.

  14. #1139
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cuntecticut
    Posts
    1,699
    Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    X-post from the tire thread... apologies....

    Any suggestions for a commuter tire? Currently running 700x32 wirebead gatorskins. They have been worry free but I think I can fit something slightly larger that’s not a full slick.

    See below for the current clearance with 32s. I don’t think I can fit 40s. Maybe a 34 or 36 will be ideal? I like the look of a Maxxis Refuse but they only come in 32 or 40...

    Use case is a 11mi commute across Seattle.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2635.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	345.3 KB 
ID:	372165


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    No real help on the tire, but you could pick up a disk fork/wheel and run a mech disk. That would allow you to run something much fatter.

    Granted, that's just throwing money at it, even if you go for the cheap end.

    Bonus is the disk up front is great when things get wet!
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

  15. #1140
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Upstate
    Posts
    7,234
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado_Freeskier View Post
    1st ride on the Pivot Vault semi custom build
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7047.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	887.1 KB 
ID:	372007

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7049.JPG 
Views:	97 
Size:	876.7 KB 
ID:	372008
    Great looking bike!

  16. #1141
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    livin the dream
    Posts
    4,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    ^^^how’s the clearance at the chain stays.
    More than enough....

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1618934412.273402.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	255.8 KB 
ID:	372178



    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

  17. #1142
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    between campus and church
    Posts
    7,383

    Gravel/Bikepack nerds enter...

    Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    More than enough....

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1618934412.273402.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	255.8 KB 
ID:	372178



    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Good deal.

    When I think “commuter tire” my first thought is about puncture protection. Something like the Schwalbe Marathon is well suited and proven and comes in many casings and sizes.

  18. #1143
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Pemberton, BC
    Posts
    1,777

    Gravel/Bikepack nerds enter...

    After waiting for almost 3 months, my Scribe Gravel wide ++ wheel set finally arrived. Weighed in around 1370 grams. 25 mm internal. I put the 32 Refuse on there to start as I had a few mostly road missions to tackle first.

    After swapping to these wheels from stock, new axels, rotors and Grx cranks I knocked off 2.5 lbs! Quite noticeable and is motivating me to do some bigger rides.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1619437237.070743.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	186.5 KB 
ID:	372737

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1619437143.883568.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	202.5 KB 
ID:	372736

  19. #1144
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Elmore, VT
    Posts
    1,069
    New to the drop-bar scene (ignoring my Univega from 30 years ago) and found stock bar on my Jamis Renegade too narrow. Tried out the "mountain biker's" drop-bar from PNW at 52cm wide yesterday and wow...what a difference. Neck/shoulder pain gone.

  20. #1145
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    between campus and church
    Posts
    7,383
    Quote Originally Posted by milestogo View Post
    New to the drop-bar scene (ignoring my Univega from 30 years ago) and found stock bar on my Jamis Renegade too narrow. Tried out the "mountain biker's" drop-bar from PNW at 52cm wide yesterday and wow...what a difference. Neck/shoulder pain gone.
    Excellent. Did you have to lengthen your shift or brake cables & hoses?

  21. #1146
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    CRG!
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    Anyone happen to have a 54-57cm ish frame+fork they’d sell, disc brakes + TA, that’ll clear a ~40mm+ tire? I have a fancy one on order but cutting it close for race day, I want something soon and it doesn’t have to be fancy or light. Just lighter than my 35lb POS hardtail. Meanwhile in my over eager component ordering I have basically enough extra parts for another bike already. Going with 12sp eagle mullet though so I need TAs to fit the wheel with XD driver and eagle cassette (I think anyway). Or recommendations for new sub-$1k frames that don’t suck that I can get within ~2 weeks. For over $1k if it comes to it I can get from LBS but a penny saved is a penny earned and so forth.

    eta: if you have a usable old CX-ish bike in this range and want a SRAM Apex hydraulic brifters and calipers and GX eagle derailleur with the ratio 12sp conversion kit installed + cash in trade, that also works
    https://icancycling.com/collections/...32546964176974
    looks like the 54cm is in stock in the US warehouse. Pretty sure it's just a rebranded carbonda cfr696, which I have, and have put ~2200 miles on in the last year with no complaints. Probably not the best if you're trying to resell it after your fancy bike comes though.

  22. #1147
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Elmore, VT
    Posts
    1,069
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Excellent. Did you have to lengthen your shift or brake cables & hoses?
    Luckily not. The stock bar was 60cm narrower, so not huge, but enough to make a significant difference to comfort. I also have a shorter stem than stock and wider tires, so it's dialed in for my riding around here, which has become a remarkably popular dirt road to ride on now that most folks are off pavement.

  23. #1148
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tahoe-ish
    Posts
    1,362
    Quote Originally Posted by s_squatch View Post
    https://icancycling.com/collections/...32546964176974
    looks like the 54cm is in stock in the US warehouse. Pretty sure it's just a rebranded carbonda cfr696, which I have, and have put ~2200 miles on in the last year with no complaints. Probably not the best if you're trying to resell it after your fancy bike comes though.
    I have the iCan "gravel bike explorer" frame and it's fine. It's very stiff and respectably light. Def almost no resale value, but if you're not a brand name aficionado it will do the job.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

  24. #1149
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tahoe-ish
    Posts
    1,362
    Quote Originally Posted by milestogo View Post
    New to the drop-bar scene (ignoring my Univega from 30 years ago) and found stock bar on my Jamis Renegade too narrow. Tried out the "mountain biker's" drop-bar from PNW at 52cm wide yesterday and wow...what a difference. Neck/shoulder pain gone.
    What bars were on the Renegade? I'm looking for a slightly flared 42 or 44cm bar, so if they fit that description maybe I can take them off of your hands.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

  25. #1150
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    Posts
    2,031
    Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    What bars were on the Renegade? I'm looking for a slightly flared 42 or 44cm bar, so if they fit that description maybe I can take them off of your hands.
    I have a used 3T Ergonova pro 44cm if interested. slightly flared, but check em out online and make sure they have enough flare for your liking

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •