Check Out Our Shop
Page 102 of 106 FirstFirst ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 2634
  1. #2526
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Walpole NH
    Posts
    11,122
    Perfect weather back east so far this season, one from tonight riding home after the West Hill gravel night. A,B and C level rides, if you ever find yourself in SoVT on a Wednesday, 5:00 at West Hill Shop in Putney. Big turnout this year, it’s been fun.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1718240685.723252.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	1.92 MB 
ID:	494929
    crab in my shoe mouth

  2. #2527
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Banff
    Posts
    22,274
    Tour Divide folks are a strange bunch sometimes.

    no I dont have a replacement for your super strange/rare part in a small town. Sorry.

    but the show will go on, and everyone will get to the start line on friday


  3. #2528
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Where the sheets have no stains
    Posts
    22,457
    Well I guess I am now officially a Gravel biker.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gravel biker.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	2.22 MB 
ID:	495064

    Got most of the bugs out, still some minor fit issues but damn. Get on a bike in my garage, cross one busy road and then the world opens right up. I think I could like this.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

    "Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

  4. #2529
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Walpole NH
    Posts
    11,122

    Gravel/Bikepack nerds enter...

    Nice color, think about flipping that stem to negative, bars look really high too me. I like the drops sitting down about mid-way on the head tube. Better handling and way more aero.
    One from after work today in SoVT, 68 degrees with a 43 degree dew point, unheard of for this time of year, love it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1718501779.813447.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	1.88 MB 
ID:	495124
    crab in my shoe mouth

  5. #2530
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Where the sheets have no stains
    Posts
    22,457
    ^^^ Hmmm Let's see.

    We have never met, you have no idea of my age, riding style, body build, height, arm length etc???

    Yeah thanks for the advice. Oh shit, right I have you on ignore because you are such as asshole.

    Fuckoff.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

    "Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

  6. #2531
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Walpole NH
    Posts
    11,122

    Gravel/Bikepack nerds enter...

    You have me on ignore, but…
    Okay then, just keep riding like a dork, doesn’t mean shit to me.
    crab in my shoe mouth

  7. #2532
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Snowmass
    Posts
    588
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1B71B016-494E-41FB-BDA8-3C8F8D5FE5EF.jpeg 
Views:	63 
Size:	492.0 KB 
ID:	495158
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4CCBAD98-AF96-4D46-9DB9-935ABD6290BC.jpeg 
Views:	57 
Size:	515.0 KB 
ID:	495159

  8. #2533
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,495
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1718580520.646372.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	270.7 KB 
ID:	495160

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1718580542.926924.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	307.4 KB 
ID:	495161


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  9. #2534
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    15,064

    Gravel/Bikepack nerds enter...

    Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    You have me on ignore, but…
    Okay then, just keep riding like a dork, doesn’t mean shit to me.
    Not everyone is a fart sniffing Lycra clad loser. Looks fine, an upright position is more comfortable and efficient riding FS roads in the mountains. Handling isn’t the issue and talking about being more aero for a recreational gravel bike is the pinnacle of dorkdom. Laps beater


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  10. #2535
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Walpole NH
    Posts
    11,122
    Tough crowd, yeesh. Sorry I like speed.
    crab in my shoe mouth

  11. #2536
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    15,064
    I thought you were sober, must be why you’re skinny


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  12. #2537
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Where the sheets have no stains
    Posts
    22,457
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Not everyone is a fart sniffing Lycra clad loser. Looks fine, an upright position is more comfortable and efficient riding FS roads in the mountains. Handling isn’t the issue and talking about being more aero for a recreational gravel bike is the pinnacle of dorkdom. Laps beater


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I saw the light, flipped over that 45 deg stem to negative, put on some time trial bars and a solid disc rear wheel, traded in my tires for some sewups and now I have a completely un-ridable torture chamber. But damn I can go fast.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

    "Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

  13. #2538
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    357






    Excellent 3 day adventure around Routt County

  14. #2539
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Well I guess I am now officially a Gravel biker.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gravel biker.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	2.22 MB 
ID:	495064

    Got most of the bugs out, still some minor fit issues but damn. Get on a bike in my garage, cross one busy road and then the world opens right up. I think I could like this.
    Opens right up to an ass-kicker of a climb up Axtell

    I'd guess you know your way around the gravel roads as well as anyone, but after spending way too much time on them myself PM me if I can be of any help with route planning.

  15. #2540
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    between campus and church
    Posts
    10,058
    Goniff and I got out on some NVT class 4 this weekend.

    FWIW - his hands used to go numb with the stem set negative so one tour we flipped it and he hasn’t had issues since.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4207.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	495216

  16. #2541
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Missoula
    Posts
    2,131
    Sometimes I feel like there's too much shit on this bike

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20240616_163941939.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	495219

    did a pretty long ride yesterday though so it was nice to have some extra snacks and tools and a jacket and such.

  17. #2542
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,732
    Ha! ^^^that looks light to about ride for your little (200mile?) ride over the weekend.

    Tour Divide is shaping up to be a great race. Lots of adversity due to the weather this week. Snowy passes, pissing a cold rain, mud everywhere. The leaders just made it through Bannack Road without getting slowed down by the infamous Bannack mud, so it must be somewhat dry south of Dillon. They will catch a west wind soon that will blow them to Yellowstone Park area. Ahead of the record time dot as of Tues morning.

  18. #2543
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    9,102
    On the subject of dorkiness, gravel bikes seem pretty dorky. Hell, I call them names, especially while I’m zooming by them on my road bike (I like to go fast), and especially when they’re parked outside the local pizza/brewery. But the bikes seems to really embrace their dorkiness around me and wear the moondust with pride.

  19. #2544
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    15,064
    The only thing dorky about gravel bikes is the name. This type of bike and riding has been around since people started riding bikes.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  20. #2545
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    between campus and church
    Posts
    10,058
    Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    On the subject of dorkiness, gravel bikes seem pretty dorky. Hell, I call them names, especially while I’m zooming by them on my road bike (I like to go fast), and especially when they’re parked outside the local pizza/brewery. But the bikes seems to really embrace their dorkiness around me and wear the moondust with pride.
    Pizza/brewery/coffee runs require a townie bike, not some skinny speed machine.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1585.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	495229

  21. #2546
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    15,064
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Pizza/brewery/coffee runs require a townie bike, not some skinny speed machine.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1585.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	495229
    Looks like a “gravel bike”…


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  22. #2547
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    between campus and church
    Posts
    10,058
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Looks like a “gravel bike”…


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It’s not nearly expensive enough to fit that category.

  23. #2548
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    788
    Ahhh tgr in the summer… roadie’s calling gravel bikes, dorky. Love it.

    Thought I would add a pic of the local ski Hill in the background. Stunning loop.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1718736318.962552.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	258.7 KB 
ID:	495234


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  24. #2549
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    822
    Quote Originally Posted by alive View Post
    Ahhh tgr in the summer… roadie’s calling gravel bikes, dorky. Love it.

    Thought I would add a pic of the local ski Hill in the background. Stunning loop.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1718736318.962552.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	258.7 KB 
ID:	495234



    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    What Hill is that? I was going to guess Mt Sutton, except it looks like you get up around tree line...

  25. #2550
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    788
    Oh yea, I am out west in BC. That is Big white ski hill in the Okanagan Valley. One of the hills that flies under the radar most of the time.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •