Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bike to Denali

Bike to Denali

https://stories.dpsskis.com/utah-to-...HH-4rTfQWqMAO8

So I met Cody & Clay ^^ in the brewery and we had some beers, apparently just flying to AK would be too easy so they are biking it towing bob trailers with all their gear fully self supported
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Just read through the blog. Looking forward to more.

Sent from my SM-N920V using TGR Forums mobile app

OP: sounds like these dudes are coming right past you in a few days ?
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

yeah they took a day off here in smithers and we got into some beers

we told em to load up on food cuz the next leg on hy 37 thru northern BC is seriuosiy deserted

Clay is a manufgacturing manager for DPS, tells me he still has the Lotus 120 moulds

I'm like dude bring it back,make it and they will buy !

Bears got to eat too. Besides all the protein in the riders trailers full of treats should really fatten them up for winter

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Cody's a pretty rad rider, been fun to watch them on ig.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post

Clay is a manufgacturing manager for DPS, tells me he still has the Lotus 120 moulds

hear, hear.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

One seriously interesting read ; Blog On!
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Hasn't been updated since the 13th.

Sent from my SM-N920V using TGR Forums mobile app

Cody's IG, if that's your thing: https://www.instagram.com/cody_hughes91/ (it gets updated somewhat more regularly)

April 13th they were in Hixon which is just south of Prince George, they left Smithers last saturday so by now they turned right off of hy 16 and are headed north up hy 37 where there is no cel no wifi no restaurants no food store just seriously nothing, they are probably more concerned with finding food to eat OR being eaten ... I sure hope they loaded up on food cuz restaurants are very far and few
    Last edited by XXX-er; 04-25-2019 at 08:43 AM.

Best pow touring ski ever? I want one.

Clay a young guy, only been at DPS 2 yrs and really didn't seem to know about the cult following of the lotus 120 but he has the molds and is keeping them, SO we just need a " bring back the lotus ! " campaign

we been getting some sleet so it could be snowing a bit up there !

Clay a young guy, only been at DPS 2 yrs and really didn't seem to know about the cult following of the lotus 120 but he has the molds and is keeping them, SO we just need a " bring back the lotus ! " campaign

we been getting some sleet so it could be snowing a bit up there !
    My lotus 120 work well in spring corn too. Maybe because they are red, maybe not, who knows.

Cool. I noticed their plea for a place to stay in Wenatchee. Then I never heard another word about it. Sounds like they stayed with Evan and I’m guessing they ate at Saddlerock. We were driving home from Ocean Shores and I wondered if we would see them but it looks like they came up 28.

Maybe there's more in depth story if one actually has an Instagram account I dunno but Cody's last post, apparently one day ago, talks about what he'll be doing once he reaches Denali and there's not one word about his partner...did Clay drop out??
    If it weren't for serendipity, there'd be no dipity at all

Or... perhaps the food ran out and Clay drew short straw....
    FUCK!!! Cannibalism alert, cannibalism alert!!
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Or... perhaps the food ran out and Clay drew short straw....
    FUCK!!! Cannibalism alert, cannibalism alert!!
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Cannibalism alert, cannibalism alert!!
    ...totally off point but just sayin', Gary...words I hope to never hear on a mission with Brad! haha.
    Master of mediocrity.

https://stories.dpsskis.com/utah-to-alaska

No G they listened to our claims of NO FOOD up thar and strapped on 25lbs of food each

their blog on the DPS web site now has them updated to past Bell2 and still clocking 60 miles per day

hey G there is a picture of debbie in the blog, as a fellow bike tourist who had just got back from riding to Tierra del fuego & most of the way back she found them in town and brought them home for some smithers hospitality

clay has to survive so he can revive the Lotus 120

https://stories.dpsskis.com/utah-to-alaska

No G they listened to our claims of NO FOOD up thar and strapped on 25lbs of food each

their blog on the DPS web site now has them updated to past Bell2 and still clocking 60 miles per day

hey G there is a picture of debbie in the blog, as a fellow bike tourist who had just got back from riding to Tierra del fuego & most of the way back she found them in town and brought them home for some smithers hospitality

clay has to survive so he can revive the Lotus 120
    Good to hear they're still on the road and intact...was curious/somewhat concerned to a small percentage/some degree about bear issues...frequent facebook updates/pics/vids from terrace based truckers and a hot shot delivery guy i know about bear sightings and close calls on the stretch from hairy kitwanga to club mez and beyond on 37n and 37a. Low prob/high consequence.
    Master of mediocrity.

Debbie is a bear biologist so no worries

"We spent the morning with Debbie learning about bears. She gave us a slideshow presentation on bear behavior and how to handle encounters. She also lent us this tambourine shaker thing that you sound off when you get to camp or when you’re about to cook up some tasty food. It’s amazing how people like Debbie find their way in to your life at just the right time. We honestly didn’t know a lick about bears and now we are amped to see our first grizzly."

Debbie is a bear biologist so no worries

"We spent the morning with Debbie learning about bears. She gave us a slideshow presentation on bear behavior and how to handle encounters. She also lent us this tambourine shaker thing that you sound off when you get to camp or when you’re about to cook up some tasty food. It’s amazing how people like Debbie find their way in to your life at just the right time. We honestly didn’t know a lick about bears and now we are amped to see our first grizzly."
    lol, that's awesome!
    Master of mediocrity.

wow...many thanks for getting us back to that dps page...
    love that improvised mirror
    If it weren't for serendipity, there'd be no dipity at all

yeah I had easter dinner at Deb's place and she said often when you host long distance bike tourers they can be a bit messed up from the road but these guys were so chill so positive,

same thing when I was drinking beer with them, they were like " we're 27 we can do this ! "