Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Who stays open the latest on the East Coast?

Killington?
    How late does Tuckerton’s usually hold snow? May?

I’d definitely say Tuckerton’s. As the northern most point in Maine, they have snow well into June, sometimes July.

Tuckertom's can go longer if the winds are from the south.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Lift service Killington....probably skiing on Mt Washington until end of May is my guess

Quote Originally Posted by MMMSKI View Post
    Lift service Killington....probably skiing on Mt Washington until end of May is my guess
    Only if they keep the t bar going for Mount Washington
    27° 18°

Thing is, Tuckerton's can be tricky to get to. You need to take I-93.7 and get off at Francmonicum Nitch, take a left to go south by northwest, and look for signs for Gorman, New Vermont.

But Tuckerton's has a totally sick magic carpet setup, so even a deep south gaper such as yourself should have no problem reaching the summit. Just remember to use your best Texas Tuck (pole baskets as high in the air as you can get them!) and greet everyone with your friendliest, 'Howdy, y'all!' Damian Sanders will meet you on the Shelburp Trail.
    [quote][//quote]

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AC9187BF-9C14-4884-989E-84111FC3610A.jpeg 
Views:	147 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	279243

East coast? Year round sled skiing in Labrador on the Torngat Mountains glaciers.
    Master of mediocrity.

Fukyermom’s Ravine stays open late.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AC9187BF-9C14-4884-989E-84111FC3610A.jpeg 
Views:	147 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	279243
    It's an amazing T-Bar because it appears to be the only one in the world that moves people down the hill. Not even sure how that works--I guess you have to wax with sand to make sure you don't beat your T-bar to the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Eight posts in I was pretty sure no one was going to go there, but Peruvian comes through yet again.
    [quote][//quote]

Looking at that t-bar again I'm pretty sure it only has one bullwheel, so at least two physical impossibilities on the same lift. It's even better than that lift at Killington that used to seemingly have no return chairs for most of the ride.
    [quote][//quote]

Who stays open the latest on the East Coast?

Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    East coast? Year round sled skiing in Labrador on the Torngat Mountains glaciers.
    Y’a NBD, just jump on the ferry from sept isle, it’s a breeze.
    27° 18°

Thank you for the serious replies.
    To the usual TROLLS- frig off.

Where is the east coast? They still have snow there? Cool stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by deepsouthmafia View Post
    Killington?
    How late does Tuckerton’s usually hold snow? May?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Where is the east coast? They still have snow there? Cool stuff.
    I'm pretty sure the pirates working the east coast here have stolen a few boats loaded with coke. They may still have some left and I'm pretty sure they run their operations 24/7/365.
    I'm sure they would love it is DSM stopped by to check it out!

Name:  Somalia.jpg
Views: 1037
Size:  105.2 KB
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Pretty sure she is always open, like 7/11.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Pretty sure she is always open, like 7/11.

.. and despite the lack of moisture, year round. Backside would take a brave man though.

Tuckertons for sure. I think its opened year round most years.

Quote Originally Posted by norrin View Post
    .. and despite the lack of moisture, year round. Backside would take a brave man though.
    Well played low post JONG.

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    I'm pretty sure the pirates working the east coast here have stolen a few boats loaded with coke. They may still have some left and I'm pretty sure they run their operations 24/7/365.
    I'm sure they would love it is DSM stopped by to check it out!

Name:  Somalia.jpg
Views: 1037
Size:  105.2 KB
    Serious random coincidence...I have a neighbor in the USN that was stationed in Djibouti for 16 months.

Quote Originally Posted by goldengatestinx View Post
    stationed in Djibouti
    Name:  51Ibqilma7L._SY500_.jpg
Views: 633
Size:  19.9 KB

Hows the bowling?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by AlpineZone View Post
    Hi deepsouthmafia! Killington, Vermont has the longest "ski season" east of Denver. The terrain is truly fabulous, the partying is unmatched anywhere(can you say "hot New Jersey Italian babes?") the snow and weather are underrated, and the setting in Vermont is Norman Rockwell-esque! If you can shred here, you can shred ANYWHERE. When you score your first Killington powder day in "Anarchy", "The Throne", "Chop Chop" or "Patsy", you will be grinning from ear to ear, I promise you! I would like to take this opportunity to formally invite all you to "start fresh" at our friendly forums. I can assure you that "newbies"'(jongs) are welcomed with open arms by our entire community(unlike here at TGR), there is no "hazing period" or rudeness tolerated. We also have superior bandwidth and response times on our 502g superfibre network as well as a state-of-the-art virtual blade server farm with 5000 terabytes of virtual disk space for your photos, blogs etc. If you are weary of all the foolishness and yearn for some intellectually stimulating mountain sport discourse, then come join our fun-loving but responsible bunch of snowriding aficionados who know the benefits of what good moderation brings to an on-line community. I think most all of you will find that our seasoned moderators "keep the bar high" by maintaining a sense of order and decorum, while encouraging quality discussion about our favorite pastime. It may take a small amount of getting used to, as we do have reasonable standards as far as language and image posting that are strictly enforced. I will warn you however up front that registering an ALIAS is strictly "VERBOTEN", and something we have zero-tolerance with. The registration is easy and painless, and the rules will be explained in detail during the process. If you are tired of the juvenile goings-on at TGR, all I can say is: "Come join the fun"!
    pps
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Hi deepsouthmafia! Killington, Vermont has the longest "ski season" east of Denver. The terrain is truly fabulous, the partying is unmatched anywhere(can you say "hot New Jersey Italian babes?") the snow and weather are underrated, and the setting in Vermont is Norman Rockwell-esque! If you can shred here, you can shred ANYWHERE. When you score your first Killington powder day in "Anarchy", "The Throne", "Chop Chop" or "Patsy", you will be grinning from ear to ear, I promise you! I would like to take this opportunity to formally invite all you to "start fresh" at our friendly forums. I can assure you that "newbies"'(jongs) are welcomed with open arms by our entire community(unlike here at TGR), there is no "hazing period" or rudeness tolerated. We also have superior bandwidth and response times on our 502g superfibre network as well as a state-of-the-art virtual blade server farm with 5000 terabytes of virtual disk space for your photos, blogs etc. If you are weary of all the foolishness and yearn for some intellectually stimulating mountain sport discourse, then come join our fun-loving but responsible bunch of snowriding aficionados who know the benefits of what good moderation brings to an on-line community. I think most all of you will find that our seasoned moderators "keep the bar high" by maintaining a sense of order and decorum, while encouraging quality discussion about our favorite pastime. It may take a small amount of getting used to, as we do have reasonable standards as far as language and image posting that are strictly enforced. I will warn you however up front that registering an ALIAS is strictly "VERBOTEN", and something we have zero-tolerance with. The registration is easy and painless, and the rules will be explained in detail during the process. If you are tired of the juvenile goings-on at TGR, all I can say is: "Come join the fun"!

Alpinezone Greg = Greg Marmalard?

Name:  frame_animal_house_84.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  19.0 KB