Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Cariboo Jack runs this weekend. Big ole backcountry enduro, should be rad.

So stoked, haven't raced gravity since high school, so it's weird to be trying to get back into that mindset. Unfortunately I messed up my wrist coaching the small children a couple weeks ago so my guess is I'll just be trying to keep the rubber side down and sprinting my guts out on the flats...

And it's over. If anyone has thought about riding bikes in Teton Valley this is the event to come to. Cariboo Jack really highlighted a bunch of our best rides in a gnarly two days, great riding, logistics were super smooth, and the vibe was perfect.

Rode like a wuss all three stages of the first day, trying to keep my wrist in one piece. Wasn't stoked on my times but whatever. Woke up Sunday morning to pouring rain. Dropped into the first stage of the day to find almost everyone who'd dropped before me jammed up with peanut butter mud in the woods. Turns out I'm faster at running with a fifty pound bike all jammed up with mud than some folks and gained a bunch of time on that stage. The first guy who dropped had a clean run that took around ten minutes. Nearly everyone after was twenty minute minute range, with some poor souls taking almost fifty minutes to get down the stage.

By the time I dropped into the last stage it had rained enough that mud was no longer sticking. By far the most fun day of bike racing I've ever had. I love racing in the rain so, so much.

Cariboo Jack, come do it!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3958.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	2.33 MB 
ID:	293475
    Bike after I'd cleaned most of the mud off

Name:	IMG_3962.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	2.29 MB 
ID:	293478

Views:	24 
Size:	2.29 MB 
ID:	293478
    Post-ride dip.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Views:	19 
Size:	2.28 MB 
ID:	293476   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	21 
Size:	2.28 MB 
ID:	293477  

2019 Maggots Racing on Dirt

Anybody going to the Tamarack party race thing this weekend?

Edit: Just signed up, should be fun

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by joetron; 09-12-2019 at 10:25 AM.