2019 Maggots Racing on Dirt

This is actually what I thought the other thread was going to be about...

Who's racing their bicycle this year?

My first race is in two weeks... Salida Mountain "Funduro." I'm doing the sport course, mostly because the pro course has more distance and climbing than I feel like doing after a training regimen consisting mainly of 12oz curls. I did pre-ride everything and two of the stages are going to involve way too much pedaling and the other two are going to be super fun.

Otherwise I'm signed up for the BME at Wanker Park and might throw something else in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    All ye punterz! Leave thine stupid heavy skis in the past, or at least in the resort category, for the age of lightweight pussy sticks is upon us! Behold! Keep up with the randocommandos on their carbon blades of shortness! Break thine tibias into spiral splinters with pintech extravagance!

Gonna try to do my first ever non xc race (although Iíve only done a couple of those as is) at the Cinco de Enduro at Bear Creek in PA. Itís all I got available around me.

Racing the Helenduro in Helena at the end of May. Expert class. My fitness feels really good, but Helena is definitely a bit more pedally and I shine the best on chunder, so we will see how destroyed I get by the rest of the field. Probably race at least one other of the Montana Enduro Series events.

First race down... I accomplished my main goal, which was "not last."
    Ended up 9th out of 12. Made a change to my stack height and didn't test it out before the race; turns out, that makes a pretty big difference in how the front end behaves. Crashed super hard like 3 corners into the first stage. Limped through the rest of that one, changed my bars back, rode stages 2 and 3 fairly conservatively, then finally rode well on stage 4 which was by far the most technical and the most downhill.
    Was a good time and learned a lot.

All ye punterz! Leave thine stupid heavy skis in the past, or at least in the resort category, for the age of lightweight pussy sticks is upon us! Behold! Keep up with the randocommandos on their carbon blades of shortness! Break thine tibias into spiral splinters with pintech extravagance!

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Ended up 9th out of 12. Made a change to my stack height and didn't test it out before the race; turns out, that makes a pretty big difference in how the front end behaves. Crashed super hard like 3 corners into the first stage. Limped through the rest of that one, changed my bars back, rode stages 2 and 3 fairly conservatively, then finally rode well on stage 4 which was by far the most technical and the most downhill.

Hey I wasnít last either! Pretty proud ha! A nice fair to middling 15:21. Crashed on last stage, not an endo or anything epic just somehow was on my side, fatigued and with my HR jacked it was so hard to get back on line without looking like a gooober. Couple unclips early in the first stage before I had the common sense to jack up my ďdinĒ. Either way, fun was had, and yea! Not last! Yea!

Nicely done! Great pics too.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Nicely done! Great pics too.
    Something cool this promoter does - they actually hire a pro photographer to come shoot everybody and provide the pictures for free to competitors. Definitely a nice benefit.

Something cool this promoter does - they actually hire a pro photographer to come shoot everybody and provide the pictures for free to competitors. Definitely a nice benefit.
    That's really cool. I always end up buying photos from races.

A few gravel races this summer and maybe my first xc mtb race this June!

Doing the 80 Mile Angry Horse at the end of the month. May do the Caribou Jack later in the summer.

For some reason I have a way easier time talking myself into doing gravel races than enduros.