Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Vail Resorts reaches agreement to sell PCMR parking lots to Provo developer

https://www.parkrecord.com/news/vail...ovo-developer/

How the fuck do we, the actual skiers, burn this corporation to the ground.

I hate these guys

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Pavin' paradise.

Sent from my moto e5 plus using TGR Forums mobile app

Sounds like more shopping and restaurants.
    Yippee!

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    https://www.parkrecord.com/news/vail...ovo-developer/

How the fuck do we, the actual skiers, burn this corporation to the ground.

I hate these guys

News flash, Park City has always blown. Condos & t shirt shops.

Dint realize this till I encounterd real ski towns in CO after I left UT the first time

Vail fits in perfectly

we're supposed to hate them because parking lots were sold?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I’ll reserve the pitchfork for something else.

Same deal when Vail took over the fucking PUBLIC parking lots at Breck so they could add a gondola and charge to park. Fucking evil corp and the town that allows themselves to be raped.

There isn't exactly an abundance of parking in PC. There's quite a bit at the Canyon base and a free bus into town, but this will put a lot more pressure on that.

The development rights on the parking lot pre-exist Vail buying PCMR. Powder Corp was going to build there if they hadn't fucked up and been forced to sell.

I bet they'll build more garage spaces so that they don't lose too many parking spots, but they're gonna charge for garage parking.

There is a lot of development going in at Canyons, too - out on that overflow lot and up near the existing hotels. Paid parking is coming in a big way over the next decade. I'm not thrilled about it from a selfish perspective. But if it gets people out of their cars and onto the bus I'll take it. Traffic on 224 has been bullshit.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=Dantheman;5652798]There isn't exactly an abundance of parking in PC. There's quite a bit at the Canyon base

The scary thing is the Canyons base is only 25% built currently. The Canyons parking will be gone soon enough.

BTW, Fuck Vail.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    The development rights on the parking lot pre-exist Vail buying PCMR. Powder Corp was going to build there if they hadn't fucked up and been forced to sell.

I bet they'll build more garage spaces so that they don't lose too many parking spots, but they're gonna charge for garage parking.

There is a lot of development going in at Canyons, too - out on that overflow lot and up near the existing hotels. Paid parking is coming in a big way over the next decade. I'm not thrilled about it from a selfish perspective. But if it gets people out of their cars and onto the bus I'll take it. Traffic on 224 has been bullshit.

I would LOVE a Bus option

right now> no where near enough parking for cars to use Bus stops &
    in cottonwoods,many Bus spots are used by employees, and there are literally a handful left by 730 am

not enough Busses either.. Powder day they don't add busses??? let a skier run that section already ,UTA!

UTA uses the same bus, that is already filled ,to pick up at multiple stops

No Plans either>they just tell you to carpool and paint the lines at those 50 parking spots

Really> the Bus would be one of the best options; nothing like exiting and walking right up to the lift

.. with a lot of bus traffic , an item storage ,like deer valley would be cool,too.
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

And build a fake European village between the garage and the lifts to force everyone to walk through the shopping mall.

Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    And build a fake European village between the garage and the lifts to force everyone to walk through the shopping mall.
    That's the BEST! I love the half mile warm up I get before i ski and its a nice excuse to buy new boots as I wear out my soles from kicking cement all winter on their heated walkways!

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH View Post
    That's the BEST! I love the half mile warm up I get before i ski and its a nice excuse to buy new boots as I wear out my soles from kicking cement all winter on their heated walkways!
    yeah, that blows, but it isn't unique to Vail Resorts. If you want to build a viable "base village", you pretty much have to do this, much as it sucks.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

And we will have to push our bikes from this underground garage through this mall I'm guessing, there will be no riding through it..

It's slightly annoying but it's their property to 'improve' right before the world warms up and the snow lines start 1000' feet above the mall.

I actually don't mind the walk up as I do like the warm up. Bummer part is that it inhibits getting back to vehicle for food/coffee/change of skis etc. Not sure why they never figured out a better garbage truck cycle though. Right during first chair walkup?

What pissed me off though was when they nixed several free satellite lots on the bus route. Not such a big deal on days with 2 or 3 in the car but solo days kinda hurts at ~ $35 a pop for parking. Definitely part of the reason I got rid of Vail. ~ 22 days and you've paid more parking than you have for the pass. Should get a free coffee and easy access to vehicle for that.

still better than Driving up the canyon at 27 mph, just to find the parking lot is filled way past overflow

its easier to get a spot in downtown Manhattan at rush hour
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Quote Originally Posted by baron View Post

in cottonwoods,many Bus spots are used by employees, and there are literally a handful left by 730 am

not enough Busses either.. Powder day they don't add busses??? let a skier run that section already ,UTA!

No Plans either>they just tell you to carpool and paint the lines at those 50 parking spots

Really> the Bus would be one of the best options; nothing like exiting and walking right up to the lift

.. with a lot of bus traffic , an item storage ,like deer valley would be cool,too.
    I mean, the bus service is already very good within Park City, and the Jeremy Ranch and Ecker Hill Park and Ride lots are never full, though the ride in is easier from Kimball Junction. It's a better situation for the buses than the Cottonwoods.

And the annoying base village that you have to walk through is already there if you want to walk straight onto Crescent and ski the fun stuff. And we have to walk our bikes through it. Technically.

By the time they break ground on this, I will hopefully be in a position to not give a shit about pulling straight up to the magic carpets and the first time lift. But losing that access is going to suck harder for local parents than anyone else. Schlepping toddler(s) + toddler crap through the newly-expanded base village will suck ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    .. this will put a lot more pressure on that.
    ^ agreed. like ikon pass pressure ...

Quote Originally Posted by baron View Post

"Powder day they don't add buses???

That is the problem with buses, you can't at the drop of a hat add drivers when you need them today but not yesterday or tomorrow. UTA does not have drivers sitting around getting paid in case they need them. On a big powder day with road closures and heavy traffic adding buses wouldn't make any difference when they are all stuck in traffic. Conversely with buses running every 15 minutes during "peak" hours they are often next to empty which is a waste of money. UTA is no different than other municipal transit systems in that 70+% of their revenue is sales tax $.

But losing that access is going to suck harder for local parents than anyone else. Schlepping toddler(s) + toddler crap through the newly-expanded base village will suck ass.
    Isn't schlepping what nannies are for?
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Oh god, the thought of dragging both gromettes by myself through a village.

I might not have done it.

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by goldengatestinx View Post
    Same deal when Vail took over the fucking PUBLIC parking lots at Breck so they could add a gondola and charge to park. Fucking evil corp and the town that allows themselves to be raped.
    what?

Everyone needs to keep in mind it's not about skiing anymore, no one really skis, its all about the mountain lifestyle experience, with a few ski runs thrown in, most people are too out of shape to actually ski core like the average tgr poster

and I have not clue what your talking about, vail has always owned the two lots there, they have always had plans to develop those lots, the property has been passed from one owner to the next
    there is one more building that is going to go up at peak 8 and then they will start developing the lots in town. There is a massive amount of land there (not just vail's land) and when it's done expect 500 total units to be developed, the town did just bend over and provide more density for all the undeveloped land there

they are also throwing in a parking garage that should start this fall, so expect even worse parking problems in breck for the next season

My friends are going to be so pissed. The old crusty locals hit the morning pow day for several laps and then off to work. This is going to throw that off...or they pay to park.

Progress

Ha! It's not a mall, it's the curated alpine vacation experience.