Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Best USPS Shitshow Experience?

My package due for arrival yesterday was scanned out for delivery in Scottsdale, yesterday. Now “in transit” in San Jose. Cant wait to see where this merry go round takes it, maybe a couple days on the EC next?

My last experience with the USPS was a camera body where the mail guy/gal put the lock box key in the wrong apartment number box. I only found the body by sheer due diligence checking the the lock boxes that had already been opened. Whoever had the key in their mailbox opened the package box and just left it in there with the door closed... property manager’s desk is literally 20ft away. What a mouth breather.

I shudder every time I order from Amazon. Shit gets lost constantly in my post office , and they almost always accuse me somehow. A month later I get the package.

Had a package that was stamped "Perishable Items" (it was venison (summer) sausage and cookies) shipped from Wisconsin to Boise only to have said package sit in Florida for a couple of weeks. Never found out why it sat in Florida for that duration, but all I know is when I got it, I threw out what was shipped to me. Fuckers.

I think sometimes when USPS sees those stamps (Fragile/Perishable, etc) that just gives them more reason not to give a shit.

Two weeks ago 3 small packages show as "delivered in mailbox". Nothing was put in our box. I even have the USPS report showing we were also supposed to get 2 regular mail items. I go to the post office and they look at the GPS location where the packages were scanned. 3 houses down halfway down the block so the fool put all our shit in the wrong mailbox and the sellers all claim it was delievered to my address. I make the post office manager change the tracking status to failed delivery. They send the mail carrier back the next day to knock on doors and try to retrieve the items from people who don't speak english and don't answer the door for strangers wearing uniforms.

They got them back two days later. Fast forward to Monday. I have another package "out for delivery". I'm working from home as USPOS idiot slams our mail box and screeches off around the corner. No package delivered. I printed out the tracking info and trotted around the corner and confronted him in his truck. He says he doesn't have a package for us. I ask him to check again. It's sitting on top of the fucking dashboard in his mail truck.

They say get security cameras, lock boxes, etc.. But that's all shot to shit when the carrier gives your shit to the wrong person but enters it as if they gave it to you. eBay and PayPal will NOT refund your money when the tracking INCORRECTLY shows USPS/UPS/FedEx put it on your property.
    Last edited by SumJongGuy; 04-18-2019 at 02:35 PM.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Currently my USPS package is being moved further away from my address... Lets see where this journey ends.

USPS is currently incorrectly forwarding mail to me from someone else’s change of address situation. The forwarded address, the previous address, and the dudes name are not even close to my information. I’m just gathering all the mail and going to drop it at his address across town in a few days rather than dealing with USPS.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

I bought a TV around black friday...delivery day comes and its out for delivery. Im waiting and waiting because signature is required. Next thing i know its marked undeliverable due to local holiday...the holiday, an ohio state buckeyes football game. There were 4 open parking spots on the street in front of my house all day. Called and bitched out of frustration of taking a half day to sign for it, got 15% refund. Yes im an asshole.

Sent from my SM-G973U using TGR Forums mobile app

This is penny ante shit. I've had an order of checks from the bank disappear only to reappear 6 months later. Same thing happened to a couple of large checks I wrote when I was settling my mother's estate. None of the missing checks were cashed or passed; I would understand it better if they had been stolen.

Seems to me that the best use of a security camera is to prove that Amazon was never at your front door. That, and providing you with a blurry, unidentifiable picture of someone stealing your package or breaking into your house, unsuitable for framing or for catching anyone in the act or arresting them.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post

Seems to me that the best use of a security camera is to prove that Amazon was never at your front door. That, and providing you with a blurry, unidentifiable picture of someone stealing your package or breaking into your house, unsuitable for framing or for catching anyone in the act or arresting them.
    It definitely helped my encounter at the post office when I told them we have cameras and there was no footage of the post man putting items in our mailbox at the time the tracking said delivered. But, motion sensor doesn't always trip when someone's way out at the street where the regular mailbox is.. I didn't share that detail though. I will say, the local postmaster went and knocked on doors for a couple days eventually recovering the misdelivered packages this time.

One this week. Package supposed to arrive yesterday according to the tracking. Going from the Midwest to PA. Gets to 1 hop away (sorting and processing now for all the mail in our area since they quit doing any local sorting). Basically 100 miles away. ETA still shows 4/18. But the morning of 4/18 there is a scan for Orlando/Central FL sorting facility still today.

Contacted the shipper since they had a number of items listed and thought maybe they provided the wrong tracking number or maybe messed up labeling the box wrong. He did not sell anything to FL buyer. So he said my merchandise item probably wanted to visit and hang out in Orlando, FL or Disney World for the holiday weekend is all he could figure out...

Last time I complained about a package delivery the counter person stated they have a newer service which you can sign up for on line. They take a scan of all items into the box- call it Informed delivery... https://informeddelivery.usps.com/bo...o/start.action

Ugh. The worst is online retailers who don't indicate carrier, just shipping times. We have no residential delivery here, so all USPS goes to my post office box, or they'll put the package in a locker and place the key in my PO Box. Problem is, without knowing the carrier, I never know whether to provide my PO Box or street address. Smartpost makes matters worse since it is a hybrid of the shittiest parts of USPS, FedEx and UPS. One can't deliver to a PO Box (but will accept a package they can't deliver) and the other to a street address (but again will accept the package even if they can't deliver) and then my package sits on an "undeliverable" shelf at the post office or local FedEx/UPS hub until I show up in person.

I've tried putting the PO Box and/or street address in the 2nd address line, but invariably the post office will shelve my package, or FedEx/UPS mark undeliverable if the address they'll deliver to isn't filled out as address 1. Apparently computers and carriers can't read address 2, to spite my postmaster's insistence that indicating my PO Box in address line 2 will solve all my problems.

It's gotten to the point where I'll call to place online orders, just so I can confirm who the carrier is what address they'll deliver to.

Had a FedEx package marked as delivered "left on porch" in the next town a few months ago. Driver sat in his vehicle outside my house for 10 minutes (presumably trying to figure out where he fucked up) before driving off. I caught up to him a few blocks away and showed him the tracking number and status. Guy says he's the only driver for both towns, and he doesn't have/hasn't delivered my package. Sender ended up refunding my purchase amount due to FedEx sucking. Between FedEx, and USPS, I'll take my chances with USPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

As far as not knowing the carrier--if you have a tracking number just google it and google will tell you the carrier, with a link to the tracking info.

Over the years I have gotten dozens of letters for a neighbor in my cluster box--the carrier transposes 2 numbers in our 5 number address. I write "delivered to wrong box" on the envelope and put in the outgoing mail slot. The neighbor claims she never gets any mail with that written on the envelope so now I just put them at her door. What worries me is that she claims she has never received any of our mail. I did once track down a UPS package addressed to me at her front door, so dyslexia is not limited to the USPS.

The motto of the Truckee USPS office is "We're not as bad as the DMV, bitches."

Best USPS Shitshow Experience?

As far as not knowing the carrier--if you have a tracking number just google it and google will tell you the carrier, with a link to the tracking info.
    No kidding. Knowing the shipper is of little use when they’ve already picked up the package with an address they won’t deliver to, and this never seems to register with them until the day the package is out for delivery.

I guess the smart thing would be to contact the seller once I get shipping confirmation to make any necessary changes to the shipping address (apparently only the sender can request address changes once carrier has package), but then I’d have nothing to bitch about.

Imagine if they just let you choose the carrier...

Quote Originally Posted by bendtheski View Post
    Ugh. The worst is online retailers who don't indicate carrier, just shipping times. We have no residential delivery here, so all USPS goes to my post office box, or they'll put the package in a locker and place the key in my PO Box. Problem is, without knowing the carrier, I never know whether to provide my PO Box or street address. Smartpost makes matters worse since it is a hybrid of the shittiest parts of USPS, FedEx and UPS. One can't deliver to a PO Box (but will accept a package they can't deliver) and the other to a street address (but again will accept the package even if they can't deliver) and then my package sits on an "undeliverable" shelf at the post office or local FedEx/UPS hub until I show up in person.

I've tried putting the PO Box and/or street address in the 2nd address line, but invariably the post office will shelve my package, or FedEx/UPS mark undeliverable if the address they'll deliver to isn't filled out as address 1. Apparently computers and carriers can't read address 2, to spite my postmaster's insistence that indicating my PO Box in address line 2 will solve all my problems.

It's gotten to the point where I'll call to place online orders, just so I can confirm who the carrier is what address they'll deliver to.

Had a FedEx package marked as delivered "left on porch" in the next town a few months ago. Driver sat in his vehicle outside my house for 10 minutes (presumably trying to figure out where he fucked up) before driving off. I caught up to him a few blocks away and showed him the tracking number and status. Guy says he's the only driver for both towns, and he doesn't have/hasn't delivered my package. Sender ended up refunding my purchase amount due to FedEx sucking. Between FedEx, and USPS, I'll take my chances with USPS.
    I have that problem also with work address. 2 doors away from the PO Box and the carrier will not deliver unless we put a mailbox up (and then that mailbox has to be big enough for packages probably also) Thinking about a storage locker with a padlock that I provide the combo to the USPS carrier, FedEx and UPS. How hard is it to provide the actual shipping method being used that designates the last miles will be done by USPS and not the shipping company...

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    I think it comes down simply to the individuals at the sorting facility and/or drivers.

sorter (I think these are almost always temp jobs.....see: good chance they are hammered/high AF/overworked/all of the above) can throw a package bound for the PNW into a truck heading to FL, etc.

I was amazed by my FedEx driver the other day. I had a signature required packaged coming (didn't know it was sig required though...coming from BC to MT). I was home most of the day, but went out for like 30 minutes and missed the delivery. He left the sticker giving me the option to leave signature and that they would come back the next day. Well like 4 hours later he was back. I kinda think he went out of his way to try a second time in the same day. Pretty freakin cool.

Now that Amazon has their own drivers I'm sure we will experience a new level of incompetence. (Are the drivers employees or "contractors"?)

One of the strangest guys I ever met rose to a position of importance in the USPS. I understand the alien scene in MIB better than most.

Now that Amazon has their own drivers I'm sure we will experience a new level of incompetence. (Are the drivers employees or "contractors"?)
    I have to wonder if outfits like Amazon haven't driven the whole SmartPost (oxymoron) shitshow? I'm pretty sure Amazon can negotiate better terms with carriers due to volume. Maybe ShitPost is the most affordable option for smaller outfits trying to compete with free shipping?

Regardless, I can pretty much just assume that packages will arrive days later than whatever time frame I select. Remember when it was FedEx for 1-2 day, UPS ground 7-10, and USPS for when it absolutely, positively isn't important if the package ever arrives?

Around here I believe FedEx drivers are independent contractors. Half the time they're driving U-Haul trucks.

Update: holyfuckingshit my package showed up today. I’m shocked and delighted.

I don't know, a couple years ago we had a FedEx guy go "postal" (remember when they had exclusivity on that!) and take out a couple fellow employees. I think all the delivery systems will rise to the lameness of usps sooner or later

Last edited by Groomer Gambler; 12-13-2019 at 07:58 AM.

bumping this because every order i place recently is a shitshow in and of itself. one package has gone back and forth between two warehouses for five days. i get it, it is the holiday season and there is an influx of shit but this is nothing new. its been like this for months. they need to get their shit together or a bunch of people are going to be giving gifts a few weeks late.

earlier in the year when the pandemic was raging, as it is now, it was three days for a priority package to make get to me from ny. now it is anywhere from one to three weeks. fucking how? is it understaffing?
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    bumping this because every order i place recently is a shitshow in and of itself. one package has gone back and forth between two warehouses for five days. i get it, it is the holiday season and there is an influx of shit but this is nothing new. its been like this for months. they need to get their shit together or a bunch of people are going to be giving gifts a few weeks late.

earlier in the year when the pandemic was raging, as it is now, it was three days for a priority package to make get to me from ny. now it is anywhere from one to three weeks. fucking how? is it understaffing?
    How could you have missed this?

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020...g-by-mail.html

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    yes, i am aware. i also saw this: https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...lots-election/

i guess i figured that all of that would blow over a few weeks after the election but i guess he doesn't want any ballots coming in for the certification of results in some states. not trying to go poliass here.
    swing your fucking sword.