Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    Here's mine, which I forgot about it's been so long.

Ordered some stamps through usps.com, sent to a family member.

Order placed 01-Dec-2020
    Shipped 03-Dec-2020
    Arrived today, 05-Feb-2021.

Origin was Kansas City, MO. Destination suburbs of Philly.

It wasn't even a package, two 20-packs of forever stamps.
    At least they were honest about it.

Needed to send 2 rifles and a shotgun out to Idaho to our future retirement home. USPS will ship those, but not pistols. Went to my local PO in the liberal suburbs of NYC and told postmaster I'd be back next week with the weapons all packed up as not to frighten the locals w scary guns.

Get there w a beautifully wrapped package w the guns disassembled and well protected. There wasn't a cubic centimeter of empty space inside. The postmaster now refuses to accecpt the package since I made the mistake of disclosing the contents. I quote her chapter and verse on what she MUST accecpt and she goes away and makes calls up the chain of command and finally agrees that the USPS does indeed ship guns.

BUT she does have the OPTION of inspecting the weapons to make sure they're inoperable and there is no ammo included. One of the other USPS employee says that the guns need to be certified to be in a safe condition by the NRA. WTF? I almost went "postal" at that point.

Bottom line is I have to open the package and let her look at the guns but she has no earthly idea what she's looking at. So then I basically put Humpty Dumpty back together again (yes I had the tape and pocketknife with me), but what an ordeal over nothing.
    Last edited by Russet Burbank; 02-06-2021 at 03:49 PM. Reason: spelling

Hey, I've had excellent luck with USPS and with Amazon.

But I ordered some throwaway ski eyeshields from AliExpress for Xmas stocking-stuffer type stuff, and instead got a package shipped from China three weeks later (but in time for Xmas) containing USB motion detectors. Getting that sorted out for a refund was like pulling teeth (but there's shipper confirmation that the package arrived!)

Oh, and OnTrac sure are a bunch of dumbass amateurs. Some garage doors swing open outward. Ours is one of them. So if you put something heavy right up against the garage door, something is going to break. Idiots. They've done this multiple times (FedEx, UPS, USPS, everybody else, has never done this). So now when we order from some cheez-mo outfit that probably ships OnTrac, we need to put up a sign on the bottom of the garage door.

The local PO put my renewal notice in my box last month. I was given 6 & 12 month pricing options with a due date of 1/31/21.
    When I went to pay on 1/28, they told me the rate had gone up 29% last week and they will not honor their end of month due date even though I have it in writing. Fucking Crooks!
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Ordered a few small Ski pieces from Slidewright.
    Durango CO to Avon CO.
    My package went Durango - Albuquerque - Las Vegas - Denver (passing me in Avon) - Grand Junction (passing me in Avon)- Out for delivery in Avon...
    then it was “arriving late” - ended up back in Denver (passing me in Avon) -Grand Junction (passing me in Avon) and then finally out for delivery in Avon.
    A quick google maps shows it’s a 260 mile trip, but USPS routing took my little bubble envelope over 2000 miles.

I got two packages in the mailbox on Sunday, yep, Super Bowl Sunday. I had no clue what they were cause I hadn't ordered anything USPS in months, but turns out they were the first Christmas present I got a brother in law back in November and a second replacement for that same present that never arrived. Seller dropped the first one off in a facility in the midwest and it languished there as "not yet shipped" for months. We both gave up on it and he resent another sometime in late December. I had completely written off both as a loss.

Somehow they both arrived yesterday at the same time.

Nice work guys.
    I still call it The Jake.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...uis-dejoy.html
    One controversial figure from Trump’s presidency, however, remains in office: Louis DeJoy, the notorious postmaster general who almost sabotaged mail voting in the fall and continues to gut the agency, creating catastrophic delays throughout the country. Progressives are furious that DeJoy has kept his post, but Biden’s hands are tied: While the president can fire other high-ranking executive officials at will, federal law bars the president from terminating the postmaster general under any circumstances. Biden can attempt to oust DeJoy indirectly, but that option is fraught with legal uncertainties, and certain to trigger Republican complaints of norm busting. Unless the president is willing to take a significant legal risk, DeJoy will remain in control for months or years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I got two packages in the mailbox on Sunday, yep, Super Bowl Sunday. I had no clue what they were cause I hadn't ordered anything USPS in months, but turns out they were the first Christmas present I got a brother in law back in November and a second replacement for that same present that never arrived. Seller dropped the first one off in a facility in the midwest and it languished there as "not yet shipped" for months. We both gave up on it and he resent another sometime in late December. I had completely written off both as a loss.

Somehow they both arrived yesterday at the same time.

Nice work guys.
    That's happened to me more than once--the "missing" package and the replacement arriving together. Maybe there's a system reason that happens, not just coincidence, or maybe it's some guy at the PO fucking with me.

Thank you for using USPS.com.

We regret to inform you that after thoroughly searching for your mail we were unable to locate your missing item(s).
    Search Request Details:
    Request Date: 01/09/2021
    Reference: Search ID #11009307
    Tracking Number: ES10012244114180001010001E0N

We work hard to provide prompt, accurate service to our customers, and regret that we were unable to deliver your mailpiece on this occasion. To help us get your packages to their destination in the future:

Put a return address on the outside of all mailpieces
    Include a label with your name and complete address on the inside of packages

We never like to think of anything happening to the mail during transit, but we want to be prepared for any contingency and your assistance is vital to that preparedness.

Once again, we apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced. We appreciate your business and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Thank you for using the U.S. Postal Service®.

Sacto PD arrest man with 50 pounds of stolen mail in his car.
    https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/cr...pdigest_latest
    It's not always USPS' fault. Just almost always.

Name:  Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 4.32.29 PM.png
Views: 318
Size:  24.2 KB
    whatever the fuck this means, it can't be good. item was supposed to be delivered on saturday.
    swing your fucking sword.

Box of fancy chocolate was supposed to be delivered in February but never arrived - tracking shows it's still "in transit." Hope the mailman's wife enjoyed it.

last Christmas, not Christmas 2020, Christmas 2019.

i ordered some funny socks online for stocking stuffers, vendor sent them usps, ordered them with weeks to spare before Christmas, never arrived; USPS said they did. to this day, nearly 18 months later; still haven't got them and they haven't been sent back to the vendor.

its possible there was a porch pirate, but he has to jump an iron fence and be wandering around looking as mine is an obscure condo at the end with no exit past my entrance that i only see new people walk by if they got a dog on a leash or are walking around aimlessly. and what kind of porch pirate sees a package from "joy of socks" and says that's worth grabbing ?
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

USPS was doing better for a while, but a recent shipment from CA to ID is on a fucking wild track. Was supposed to be 3 day select.

September 12, 2022, 11:09 pm
    Departed USPS Regional Facility
    CHATTANOOGA TN DISTRIBUTION CENTER
    Your item departed our USPS facility in CHATTANOOGA TN DISTRIBUTION CENTER on September 12, 2022 at 11:09 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

September 11, 2022, 4:21 pm
    Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
    CHATTANOOGA TN DISTRIBUTION CENTER
    September 10, 2022
    In Transit to Next Facility

September 9, 2022, 7:30 pm
    Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
    SACRAMENTO CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER

September 9, 2022, 6:24 pm
    SALT LAKE CITY DISTRIBUTION CENTER

September 9, 2022, 9:18 am
    In Transit to Next Facility
    September 9, 2022, 8:00 am
    RENO NV DISTRIBUTION CENTER

September 9, 2022, 7:58 am
    RENO NV DISTRIBUTION CENTER

September 9, 2022, 5:12 am

September 8, 2022, 7:42 pm
    Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility

September 8, 2022, 6:27 pm
    Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
    VACAVILLE, CA 95688

September 8, 2022, 3:13 pm
    Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
    VACAVILLE, CA 95688

WTF is going on?

Vacaville, CA-> Sacramento->Reno->SLC->Sacramento->Chattanooga

Usually thing come to us through the SLC distribution center. Why the hell would it be sent from California to SLC back to California and then clear across the country to Tennessee? Seems ridiculous.

Ordered and shipped. Three weeks went by as I watched the package traverse the entire US. Asked usps and they said it is lost. Contact company and they ship a new one and apologize. Old order shows up like a month later just randomly. I contacted the company and they said just keep it we already put a claim in. Just weird to watch it go from city to city in random places

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

masters diploma was only able to be shipped via usps. even if I offer to upgrade shipping to anything else. not available for pickup, they use a third party printer somewhere in the midwest. "DO NOT BEND" .. one guess as to what numb nuts does with that at my mailbox.
    thing is creased 6 ways from sunday. sigh.
    north bound horse.