Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Id say personally I wouldnt stress too much about Windows 7 End of life support. Sure you wont get fancy updates from MS, but if you run good AV, have some malware protection, and dont browse questionable content you should be basically fine. Feel free to answer nigerian emails no matter what OS you have...

I have, believe it or not, in a production environment, for a VERY large corporation, Windows XP machines still running. Many windows 2003 servers and even a 100% production database running on SQL 2000. I inherited this mess, and am working to remedy it all, but its slow. We have had no "outbreaks" or virus or malware running rampant on the network due to these "unsupported" systems.

YMMV.
    That’s reassuring. Been sweating out the end of server 2008R2.
    Maybe I shouldn’t worry if real corporations are still running server 2003

But that OS sucked since it wouldn’t handle much ram. The main reason I upgraded
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    That’s reassuring. Been sweating out the end of server 2008R2.
    Maybe I shouldn’t worry if real corporations are still running server 2003

But that OS sucked since it wouldn’t handle much ram. The main reason I upgraded
    This situation was clear mismanagement and poor planning. I was sold on a job that wasn't. Am doing what I can, but looking for an out if it comes along. It's just so much nonsense and old manufacturing mentality. Biggest issue I have is no "flex" time. I work late a lot and in most IT situations there's a give and take. This place is still of the thought that if you aren't physically there you can't possibly be being productive.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    This situation was clear mismanagement and poor planning. I was sold on a job that wasn't. Am doing what I can, but looking for an out if it comes along. It's just so much nonsense and old manufacturing mentality. Biggest issue I have is no "flex" time. I work late a lot and in most IT situations there's a give and take. This place is still of the thought that if you aren't physically there you can't possibly be being productive.
    I'm currently being productive at a brewery...

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I'm currently being productive at a brewery...
    Exactly.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

I am being productive from the throne.

so I finally bit the bullet and down loaded a windows 10 upgrade from 7 for gratus, it took awhile but no problems really, at first I thot it was slowing down the computer but I think that was just getting itself going

I had 2 anti virus programs which I think were fighting each other, l killed them both before the 10 upgrade and down loaded Total AV, mostly just running windows live mail & firefox

any tips for an almost computer illiterate maybe how to think about it ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know