Thread: Smith Optics

Smith Optics

Hey All -

Anyone work at or have a contact at Smith?

Had a rather surprising interaction with a customer service rep over an incredibly mundane request.

Willing to share story but rather see if I can resolve it before doing the full call-out.

I've contacted them over some helmet earpad issues and they were awesome and just asked for my address. 2 days later new earpads showed up. Maybe it's just the person you got?

Sent from my Pixel XL using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by BDevil17 View Post
    I've contacted them over some helmet earpad issues and they were awesome and just asked for my address. 2 days later new earpads showed up. Maybe it's just the person you got?

Yep, definitely, issue is with one person. It's absurd really.

Have used lots of their stuff for the last 25 years and never had a reason to contact them about a product until now.

Just can't figure out how to get around this individual.

Maybe write to them and inform them about the individual? They need to know so they can keep delivering good service

It might be worth shooting Rontele a PM. He worked for Smith at the corporate level for years and, although he's not with them anymore, I know he still has plenty of good contacts over there and is well aware of their corporate culture.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    It might be worth shooting Rontele a PM. He worked for Smith at the corporate level for years and, although he's not with them anymore, I know he still has plenty of good contacts over there and is well aware of their corporate culture.
    Of course, I completely forgot...PMing him now

Smith Optics

Smith has always been awesome to deal with and has always stood behind their product. I’ve had a few issues with shades and goggles through the years , mostly all self induced, and they’ve always replaced them or given me credit for any pair within a week.
    This has made me (and by default my wife and 2 kids too ) loyal customers of Smith, and we own a ton of their shades, goggles, and helmets.
    So, if there’s one disgruntled/douchey employee giving the rest of the company or the employees that love their job a bad name, that person should absolutely be called out.
    I’m sure an email or a call to smith could get you to the right person without too much effort.
    And I’d love to hear the story...

I echo the above, great in all my dealings with them.

OP, thanks for the mature approach here, it’s refreshing not to read an angry rant.

Quote Originally Posted by jmars View Post

OP, thanks for the mature approach here, it’s refreshing not to read an angry rant.
    Oh please, I would be willing to bet that if the OP had taken the mature approach when contacting Smith, this thread never would have been started. He likely expected far too much, acted like an entitled, spoiled child, and got the push back he deserved instead of what he's used to: someone caving to his every demand. Now he's butthurt.

OP aside, I have no idea of the specifics, I'm not convinced asking an internet forum for a contact to go around someone else is a mature approach.

Methinks call the CS # and asking to speak to supervisor or manager would be the most maturerer thing you could do and report back your results. Or nuke thread if it is you and not them.

Oh and smith custy 4 life best CS ever X eleventybillion
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post
    Methinks call the CS # and asking to speak to supervisor or manager would be the most maturerer thing you could do and report back your results. Or nuke thread if it is you and not them.

Oh and smith custy 4 life best CS ever X eleventybillion
    I totally get the skepticism. I have lots of Smith gear and like how their company does business (US manufacturing, etc.)

Finally have the managers contact info.

Once I get the managers point of view I will decide whether to post the whole email chain that started the issue or post up how it was resolved.