Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Goddamn Dentists!!1!

Whereas a typical dentist might perform root canals on previously crowned teeth in only 3 to 7 percent of cases, Lund was performing them in 90 percent of cases. As Zeidler later alleged in court documents, Lund had performed invasive, costly, and seemingly unnecessary procedures on dozens and dozens of patients, some of whom he had been seeing for decades.
    https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...tistry/586039/
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Goddamn Dentists!!1!

No wonder everyone here has so much new gear every year

Ikon pass holder, no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Ikon pass holder, no doubt.
    but knew how to buy a damn car
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

I've had more than my share of root canals, including some through crowned teeth, but I can tell you that I felt terrible before and fine after each one of them. Whether the multiple fillings that led to the crowns that led to the root canals were necessary is another story--but most of that work was done 40-50 years ago.

OTOH, when I was in middle school the dentist told my mother I needed extensive bracing--my mother said forget about it and I've never had any problems from my "bad" bite. Both my kids had braces, but I suspect it was only for cosmetic reasons--perfect, gleaming white teeth seem to be essential these days. As far as prophylaxis--my Truckee dentist cut my cleanings in half after I switched to her from my Sacramento dentist. So far so good.

My root canal went bad twice and I finally had the dentist pull what was left. To his credit he tried to save it but it didn't last long. When he saw the roots of the upper molar he said "You're lucky to be alive"
    Turns out I had an infection that usually travels to the brain. Something to do with where it was located. Dodged a bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    but knew how to buy a damn car
    I've paid my implant guy enough for a small car. Ironic how he tells me all about his heli skiing while I sit there, calculating my credit.

Consider Dental Tourism if you need extensive work: https://patientsbeyondborders.com/procedure/dentistry

Interesting tidbit from that link: "Most people don’t realize that Hungary boasts more dentists per capita than any other country"

How many of you fuckers are Hungarian?

Problem with going elsewhere for implants is timing. Long period between implant and new tooth.

Southwest has direct flights to Costa Rica from all over the country, it could easily be worth going twice depending on what you're having done.

I'd like to hear personal references. I am intrigued, though. Costa Rica is pretty cool, I hear.

It's a cool country from all I've heard but you'd have to google around to find references. very doable I'm sure though.

I've paid my implant guy enough
    Harsh. Us enlightened types call them trans woman sex workers.
    Get woke bro!

We had a minor discussion on the topic of travel dentistry a while back

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...a+Rica+dentist
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    We had a minor discussion on the topic of travel dentistry a while back

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...a+Rica+dentist
    How do you remember something like that? BTW have you seen my keys?

Since then I did over $2k of work in Merida Yucatan Mexico for ~$500. Had it looked over by a local dentist. Said it was clinically fine, maybe one degree off in color. Fine for me...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    How do you remember something like that? BTW have you seen my keys?
    did you notice that he was the OP of that thread? Much easier to remember the existence of a thread when you're the one that started it.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Dude in the Denver Metro got the spotlight on him for unnecessary procedures at his pediatric dentist practice. The name of his practice was "Treasured Teeth." A few days later I was discussing it with someone who'd also seen it and couldn't remember the name and the first words out of my mouth were "Toothless Treasures"
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    Since then I did over $2k of work in Merida Yucatan Mexico for ~$500. Had it looked over by a local dentist. Said it was clinically fine, maybe one degree off in color. Fine for me...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Damn. I have a quote for about 4000 for just the implant. Extraction scheduled for Monday. This is very interesting. Free trip to the jungle by the beach!

Wow, just got an email back from one of the Costa Rica firms. $750 for an implant. And I have Southwest points for an RT.

The Padded Room is just a series of Bunny coming to conclusions that were long obvious to the rest of us for going on 15 years now.

Shit NEVER gets old.

Oh, well, la dee dah, metalmouth.

This is exciting. Free trip! With change.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    did you notice that he was the OP of that thread? Much easier to remember the existence of a thread when you're the one that started it.
    Sneaky little bastard. Although starting a thread wouldn't help me remember it. I don't start many but when I do I usually forget to go back and read them. Which reminds me . . .

Find your keys?

I have this really nice silver tray by the door that is perfect for keys/wallet/sunglasses, which means it’s absolutely useless to me and I waste precious minutes every morning searching for all 3 only to find them someplace logical.

Like the dirty laundry basket.
    I still call it The Jake.

Problem with going elsewhere for implants is timing. Long period between implant and new tooth.
    so you take two trips to thailand for cheap sex and good food.

whats the worry at your age?